Cruise Dining

Acolli18

Original Poster
Just got back from our cruise last night, had an absolute blast on our honeymoon!! Everything went Disney perfect, except our dining table assignment. On our honeymoon, we were expecting to sit by ourselves, but instead, we had to sit with two other couples on their honeymoon, who spoke minimal English. Combined with our waiters who spoke both English and Spanish, we felt very out of place and disconnected. Is this something DCL does often, sitting you with other couples for dining? Luckily the couples were nice, so we didn't make a big deal of this, but it was a mild damper on a romantic weekend...

5thGenTexan

I am trying to search my memory, but I can't remember ever seeing a two top in the dining rooms, at least on the Magic. There are 4 of us, so we have been assigned 4 tops. I am not sure they have the space to provide tables for two. I think you would need to head to Palo or Remy's to get that.

Acolli18

Original Poster
so its probably best if we just bring more people next time to avoid this...it wasnt the worst thing ever, just a bit awkward...

Phonedave

Multiple people does not ensure a "personal" table either

There is not enough room to sit each and every party at their own table. There are only two dining seating after all.

In my three cruises with a party of three, twice I have been seated with other people, once we had a 4 top to ourselves.

It is just the nature of cruising.

-dave

Bolna

You can request a table for just the two of you. We did that on our cruise and the request was granted. But it depends on how full the dining rooms are.

From everything I have read, if you are unhappy with your table mates you can request to be moved.Never tried that myself though. But I think with your language issue that would have been a valid reason to request a change.

Otherwise I have read quite a few reports from honeymooning couples who did enjoy the company of other couples also on their honeymoon for dinner. I think the idea is that the MDRs are supposed to be meals to meet other cruises. The speciality restaurants are for the romantic dinners.

Acolli18

Original Poster
That makes sense. And again, they were very friendly and I wouldn't say that it was a problem, but more of a surprise. We'll be trying Palo and Remy next cruise, so we won't have to worry about that. Just didn't know if this was a norm or not, as I had never heard of it...

EOD K9

Its very normal. On our first cruise aboard the Dream, we were seated with two other couples. I noticed most times couples were seated with other couples traveling sans children. On my most recent voyage, the MDRs were not as full and my wife and I were by ourselves. To answer your question though, expect to be seated with others. The exception is at Palo and Remy. We did not dine with anyone else there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom