CRT New Upcharge

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The debate is boring...you are correct.

The only thing more tedious is the reality that these are announced 4x a month

On that note... I'm getting a telepathic message about... something new... coming soon... Hang on, I'm trying to make sense of it all...

Ok, here's what I was able to make out of the telepathic message, oddly enough from Bob Chapek:

A BRAND NEW MAGICAL!!! experience coming soon to Disney's Hollywood Studios! Beginning in September, you can reserve a special Star Wars Dessert Experience (separate park admission required) which allows you entry into an exclusive dessert party, featuring a special cupcake (one per person) plus premium water (one 8oz bottle per person) and all-you-can-eat popcorn, and premium reserved standing locations for the Star Wars Fireworks Spectacular!!! This can be yours for the special introductory price of only $4999.95 per person (plus tax)!!!

I may have missed a few details but that was the gist of it.

:hilarious:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
On that note... I'm getting a telepathic message about... something new... coming soon... Hang on, I'm trying to make sense of it all...

Ok, here's what I was able to make out of the telepathic message, oddly enough from Bob Chapek:

A BRAND NEW MAGICAL!!! experience coming soon to Disney's Hollywood Studios! Beginning in September, you can reserve a special Star Wars Dessert Experience (separate park admission required) which allows you entry into an exclusive dessert party, featuring a special cupcake (one per person) plus premium water (one 8oz bottle per person) and all-you-can-eat popcorn, and premium reserved standing locations for the Star Wars Fireworks Spectacular!!! This can be yours for the special introductory price of only $4999.95 per person (plus tax)!!!

I may have missed a few details but that was the gist of it.

:hilarious:

I’m waiting for the “premium line experience”...where they put you into the new special third line...they just give you an led lanyard and a cupcake as you enter

Maccabee18

I find it funny that people complain that Disney charges these ridiculous event prices. Would I personally pay for these events, no. Is it ridiculous? Well, that is in the eye of the beholder.

The thing is that Disney will do these things because people are willing to pay for it. When people stop paying for it, or the analysts determine that the cost is not worth it they will continue to do it. If you don't like or agree with it don't participate or spend your money towards something that Disney has determined is experiential and wanted.

eliza61nyc

Does anyone get tired of the fact that every one of these arguments is exactly the same each time Disney introduces a new upcharge, package, fee, or whatever? I'm not trying to be snarky; I'm serious. Isn't everyone bored of this debate by now? I have been watching these threads for a long time -- many years. I've even participated in some. I've never seen anyone change their mind. Not once. Everyone is in one camp or the other on these things and pretty much always is.

You're a smart cookie. I can never understand why folks get their knickers in a knot. Either buy it or don't.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That’s what’s so strange about WDW trying be a luxury experience. What other luxury vacation hot spot has you surrounded by tens and thousands of people dressed like slobs pushing wagons full of junk, employees in furry costumes and serves crummy quality fast food with plastic plates and cutlery?
You got PLASTIC plates? Who did you have to bribe to get those?

Sparksfly

So this is separate than their usual dining right? I mean I'm gonna be able to make dining reservations in Nov. During the fireworks and not have to pay $2000...right?

drizgirl

So this is separate than their usual dining right? I mean I'm gonna be able to make dining reservations in Nov. During the fireworks and not have to pay $2000...right?
Not sure if this is accurate, but I heard they are blocking out the 5:30 to 7 PM ADRs for just this package. If you want dinner, it seems you would need to eat earlier or later than that.

awoogala

My literal, only issue with this... is that I don't like desserts. So tired of all the extras meaning paying for a dessert buffet. Like, why not just an apps+ desserts buffet? Not all of us like sugar. Just give me guac, and hummus, and dips, and savory things, I'll pay. I hate sweets, only eat them like 2x a year, so none of these "dessert parties", regardless of cost, or after/before/fireworks appeal to me at all..we did the star wars thing because we felt like we should see those fireworks once, and I can't spend that long at H.S. (especially since they close muppets at 6 pm lately). But it was a waste, honestly. The pre mixed drinks were vomitously sweet, the wine was awful, thank goodness they could also do diet coke/rum. I have 4 darth vader plastic mugs..,that I don't know what to do with, now..lol The desserts were. ok to good, I guess. (not worth even a third of the money)...but we don't really eat sweets, soo.. the $ wasn't worth it, but I liked the atmosphere, and the meet and greets, and the stormtrooper interactions.. (though jawas would have been nice).. and the fireworks spot was perfect...

disneyflush

They aren't in FL, they are in WDW. WDW is just in FL for the weather.
Having vacationed in Hawaii thrice, NY twice, Chicago twice, St. Louis once, and various other spots for getaways, I am partial to WDW.
Hawaii is fun, but for overall bang for your buck WDW wins. That's why we've done WDW 16 times in the last 18 yrs.

I've been to Kentucky 4 times, the Smokey Mountains 2 times, drove through Chicago,spent a full weekend in St Louis, and saw the Grand Canyon from an airplane. I'm not trying to say I have quite a bit more disposable income than the average wdwmagic poster but I do.

Marianne75

We happened to have already booked this separately for August. It's our 10 year anniversary so we're splurging for a day. Lunch at CRT for 2 adults one child was $237.68. Dessert party before HEA with garden view, 2 adults one child was 179.00. A grand total of 416.68. If I booked this package it's $567 plus tax and gratuity. I can't imagine there exists a sparkling wine or box of truffles that would justify my spending at least $200 more. If I desperately wanted to meet the prince, I could book another dinner at 1900 Park Fare for less.

Brad Bishop

I actually think this one makes sense.

First, Disney is a business... :)

Let me preface this with:

I took my daughters, about 10 years back, to CRT and it was one of the biggest letdowns every AND it was expensive!

If I'm dining in the castle I should feel like I'm actually eating inside a castle and not inside a cafeteria. The food was cafeteria food. The setting was like some high school took their cafeteria and hung banners around and said, "Now THAT'S a Royal Table!" when it's just a cafeteria with banners.

In retrospect, I wish I had never done it and always imagined what it was from the outside because from Fantasyland, looking up, it looks pretty cool. Inside, no.

All that being said, the windows looking out to Fantasyland are probably the best things going for CRT. I could imagine that the fireworks framed in that would be really cool.

At the same time, you're paying to get in no matter what. This isn't taking a dead area of Tomorrowland, realizing people figured out that it's a great fireworks viewing spot, and then charging for what used to be empty/unused restaurant seating and ice cream.

Also, as I remembered it, people would try to schedule around the fireworks and if they were early they'd linger and it'd screw it up for others. Charging for and guaranteeing a spot for this does make sense.

I'm sort of surprised that they haven't figured out how to charge for all of Main St and the hub for a "Special Fireworks Cupcake Magical Experience".

Just to be clear: I think this up-charge makes sense. I don't think CRT, just in general, is a good experience. I'd say it sucks. If you were to take the food and put it in a Piccadilly Cafeteria environment, at Piccadilly prices, you'd think, "That was OK. Filled me up on this road trip but nothing memorable." <- that's the level it's at. Toss in the high expense and the poor theming and you're at: "Oh, I feel stupid for paying that. It sucked."

Tanna Eros

I bought a Minnie Drop camper with my park money and foregoing the park gig altogether.
the camper has a bed for my dog. That alone is worth it.
The packages and up charges and lack of elbow room and over scheduling has put me off of the kingdom.
I wouldn't want to partake in this packages, but it seems that everything is being packaged. I felt like I was getting shoved.
There's a Mickey Mouse cartoon about the VIP package on a cruise ship, someone at Disney gets it.

awoogala,
I'm a cutting board person, myself. The idea of a dessert party put me off. If they had cheese and crackers and pickles and such, I wouldn't be so hard pressed against it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom