CRT New Upcharge

fngoofy

The difference to me is that those people now have reserved viewing for the Fireworks, meaning space that I cannot stand in with my "measly" $100 day ticket. If they overpay for food, that isn't my problem but the reserved viewing spots that take away things from the ordinary guest are what rub me wrong.
I think these enclosed areas in the hub are always reserved. Your feet were not going to be standing there either way.

fngoofy

And here I am thinking.... "Why are folks that can easily drop $1000 on a mediocre dinner vacationing in Florida?"
They aren't in FL, they are in WDW. WDW is just in FL for the weather.
Having vacationed in Hawaii thrice, NY twice, Chicago twice, St. Louis once, and various other spots for getaways, I am partial to WDW.
Hawaii is fun, but for overall bang for your buck WDW wins. That's why we've done WDW 16 times in the last 18 yrs.

Last edited:

Schneewittchen

They aren't in FL, they are in WDW. WDW is just in FL for the weather.
Having vacationed in Hawaii thrice, NY twice, Chicago twice, St. Louis once, and various other spots for getaways, I am partial to WDW.
Hawaii is fun, but for overall bang for your buck WDW wins. That's why we've done WDW 16 times in the last 18 yrs.
You'll notice from my signature that I might suffer from the same affliction....

But I have to argue the food and weather in Hawaii really outshine WDW..... I've had some of the best meals in my life in Honolulu and Kona. And my first visit to Hapuna Beach State Park has ruined me for all other beaches.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If this doesn't impact normal guests and they herd those buying this "special experience" into the regular reserved fireworks viewing corral (meaning not taking anything away from regular guests that hasn't already been taken away), then by all means, have at it. Charge them $10k, $25k, $50k for the "experience". If you're gonna offer things to whales, may as well charge them whale prices.

drizgirl

This is neither a scam nor a shame nor predatory. It is really not at all different from Animal Kingdom’s Wild Africa Trek. You are told exactly what you’ll get and how much it will cost. You, yes you, decide whether what is offered is worth that money to you. If you decide it is too expensive then you don’t buy it and thus you are never scammed.

It’s obviously too expensive to you and it is too me as well. But, just like Africa Trek, there will be people for whom it is absolutely fine and they’ll go and will enjoy it and won’t feel like it was too much. That is an individual choice of what is of value and it’s not up to us to judge anyone of those people.
Except that to make this available, they had to significantly reduce the ADRs available to the plebs only willing to spend $80 on dinner after spending $100 to enter the park. Additionally they have to block off a great fireworks viewing area that used to be available for "free" ;).

drizgirl

CRT ranges from 65-80 for an adult, depends on the date. Desert Party is 85.00. Upcharge is 35.00 for whole experience including champagne. I would do it
It's actually more than that since tax and tip are not included in the package, but is included with the $80 regular dinner.

Animaniac93-98

And here I am thinking.... "Why are folks that can easily drop $1000 on a mediocre dinner vacationing in Florida?"

That’s what’s so strange about WDW trying be a luxury experience. What other luxury vacation hot spot has you surrounded by tens and thousands of people dressed like slobs pushing wagons full of junk, employees in furry costumes and serves crummy quality fast food with plastic plates and cutlery?

fngoofy

You'll notice from my signature that I might suffer from the same affliction....

But I have to argue the food and weather in Hawaii really outshine WDW..... I've had some of the best meals in my life in Honolulu and Kona. And my first visit to Hapuna Beach State Park has ruined me for all other beaches.
I hear you. We've done Maui at Kaanapali and Kaui at Poipu. Both great, great snorkeling (more so in Maui) and the food is great as well.
BUT
I still vote WDW for more things to do, more great food, and the sheer engineering marvel that is wdw.
Also the quality is soooo high at WDW for all of the above mentioned components.

But like I agree, Hawaii is good.

fngoofy

That’s what’s so strange about WDW trying be a luxury experience. What other luxury vacation hot spot has you surrounded by tens and thousands of people dressed like slobs pushing wagons full of junk, employees in furry costumes and serves crummy quality fast food with plastic plates and cutlery?
ik69h.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I will put down my popcorn to join the discussion.

Why does Disney do stuff like this ? BECAUSE THEY CAN!
Some folks will pay it, some wont. Either way Disney wins, its money for nothing.

I rant when they raise the ticket prices, eliminate or change some food offering I loved, add another hard ticket event, etc, but I will keep renewing my family's APs until I am priced out and I can no longer do it. This is not a IF its a WHEN. For every family that is eventually priced out there are many many more new families with wallets open giving money to the mouse.

The only way to make Disney take notice is to stop giving money to the mouse. Can you?

Ah... Popcorn in hand and flameproof suit on :)

You’ve pretty much summed up the cause, symptoms, and ultimately cause of death from this disease

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Does anyone get tired of the fact that every one of these arguments is exactly the same each time Disney introduces a new upcharge, package, fee, or whatever? I'm not trying to be snarky; I'm serious. Isn't everyone bored of this debate by now? I have been watching these threads for a long time -- many years. I've even participated in some. I've never seen anyone change their mind. Not once. Everyone is in one camp or the other on these things and pretty much always is.

The debate is boring...you are correct.

The only thing more tedious is the reality that these are announced 4x a month

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom