CRT New Upcharge

ThatMouse

It could be in poor taste for sites linked to travel agents to encourage "crown" packages like this. It's perfectly fair for us as frequent guests to make fun of it and explain why it's a waste of money. We can all think of 100 better things to do with the same money. I'd rather spend it on 4 nice table service dinners around the resorts rather than this one event.

Schneewittchen

For $199 pp they could at least make it Vievu Clicquot. Doesn't need to be a Dom 2008, but.....sparkling wine is.....umm.....not worth this price.
Very good point.

I had dinner for 2 at Le Cirque with the wine pairings for less than the cost of this package....

Though now I contradict myself on outrageous pricing, I'll happily pay $200/person for a 5 course fine dining experience at a Michelin rated restaurant.

Missyrosek

The difference to me is that those people now have reserved viewing for the Fireworks, meaning space that I cannot stand in with my "measly" $100 day ticket. If they overpay for food, that isn't my problem but the reserved viewing spots that take away things from the ordinary guest are what rub me wrong.
That space was always going to be reserved for dessert party people, this package doesn't take anything away from "regular" fireworks viewers.

Tom P.

Does anyone get tired of the fact that every one of these arguments is exactly the same each time Disney introduces a new upcharge, package, fee, or whatever? I'm not trying to be snarky; I'm serious. Isn't everyone bored of this debate by now? I have been watching these threads for a long time -- many years. I've even participated in some. I've never seen anyone change their mind. Not once. Everyone is in one camp or the other on these things and pretty much always is.

Schneewittchen

Ego-centrism at its finest. Everything is about you and your needs. If this appeals to a family from the UK that is going to spend $20-$30K at WDW over two weeks WHICH HAPPENS ALL THE TIME then what difference does it make to you?
You're funny.

This is a fight for humanity. A fight for good value and entertainment. Every Disney visitor should smile with pleasure as the mouse steals his wallet because it was worth every penny. I am a disnerd, so I care.

When Disney makes a garbage movie, do we watch it? No. It's a garbage movie, the reviewers and our friends who do see the movie tell us it's garbage and we don't see it at the theaters (Nutcracker, Solo, Lone Ranger, etc.) Maybe next time they'll hire a real screenwriter or stop playing musical chairs with directors or whatever stupid mistake made these films expensive rubbish.

When Disney makes a garbage ride/attraction (Stitch) we complain loudly and eventually it goes away. Maybe it will be replaced with something decent one day. Maybe not. But I understand this general problem of lameness is why DCA and Hong Kong Disneyland got their makeovers.

On a smaller scale, I can only hope that an overpriced, unworthy "experience", if it really is bad and of poor value, is recognized as such and is rejected by consumers. Hopefully to be replaced by something less awful next time.

plutofan15

It could be in poor taste for sites linked to travel agents to encourage "crown" packages like this. It's perfectly fair for us as frequent guests to make fun of it and explain why it's a waste of money. We can all think of 100 better things to do with the same money. I'd rather spend it on 4 nice table service dinners around the resorts rather than this one event.

And that certainly is your choice. There are also others who find this worth the cost and do not consider a "waste of money". To each their own. Far be it from me to "make fun" of others and how they want to spend their money & vacation.

Club Cooloholic

Does anyone get tired of the fact that every one of these arguments is exactly the same each time Disney introduces a new upcharge, package, fee, or whatever? I'm not trying to be snarky; I'm serious. Isn't everyone bored of this debate by now? I have been watching these threads for a long time -- many years. I've even participated in some. I've never seen anyone change their mind. Not once. Everyone is in one camp or the other on these things and pretty much always is.
Tom you should try the Politics forum lol. I agree, there are some that love this stuff, others who won't touch it. I think we can all agree that Disney tries to grab dollars anyway it can. This all could be short sighted, as you do more of this, if the quality and value of what you are offering is not there, it can leave people with a bitter taste in their mouth. You also don't want to turn into a nightclub atmosphere, where people feel the need to spend a crazy amount for bottle service just to get a place to sit.
Anywho, the next financial crisis will make me wonder what will happen to all these upcharge events and parties.

Edit: As an aside, these things do snowball, you don't want to get to the point where you need to buy a dinner package just to watch the fireworks from a decent seat. There was a time when Character meetings were far more frequent and peppered in general areas, but Disney found they could make more money by having breakfasts and limiting the amount of time and places you could actually meet characters.

Schneewittchen

I'm just practicing my writing skills. So remind me, what was it that I was arguing for?

Disstevefan1

I will put down my popcorn to join the discussion.

Why does Disney do stuff like this ? BECAUSE THEY CAN!
Some folks will pay it, some wont. Either way Disney wins, its money for nothing.

I rant when they raise the ticket prices, eliminate or change some food offering I loved, add another hard ticket event, etc, but I will keep renewing my family's APs until I am priced out and I can no longer do it. This is not a IF its a WHEN. For every family that is eventually priced out there are many many more new families with wallets open giving money to the mouse.

The only way to make Disney take notice is to stop giving money to the mouse. Can you?

Ah... Popcorn in hand and flameproof suit on :)

Last edited:

fradz

For $199 pp they could at least make it Vievu Clicquot. Doesn't need to be a Dom 2008, but.....sparkling wine is.....umm.....not worth this price.
(Not trying to sound like a grammar freak or to be patronizing, but *Veuve Clicquot. "Veuve" means Widow in French, and it's of course relevant to the name. Also, it's massively overpriced, lots of other Champagnes are better and cheaper. But less exported of course)

Missing20K

(Not trying to sound like a grammar freak or to be patronizing, but *Veuve Clicquot. "Veuve" means Widow in French, and it's of course relevant to the name. Also, it's massively overpriced, lots of other Champagnes are better and cheaper. But less exported of course)
Yep, my bad. I was trying to spell it from memory.

fngoofy

I think it's uncool to be predatory.

If you don't spend all of your free time researching and planning your next Disney trip (like most of the people on these boards), the average WDW visitor would have no idea that you could book CRT and the dessert party separately and save hundreds of dollars over this package.

I only hope that a newbie comes across this discussion today and realizes what a bad idea it is to waste money on this.

Or better yet, no one buys this "experience" and it quietly disappears like the DVC galactic gathering Epcot event.

This has nothing to do with folks shopping around to save a few or even $200.
This is a whale party. This is for people that have the $$$ and think "I like it, I want it, wrap it up."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom