CRT New Upcharge

Schneewittchen

shame.jpg

Schneewittchen

Let's get these out of the way right now....

"Disney is a business"
"If you don't like it, don't buy it"
"It doesn't impact you"

;)

I think it's uncool to be predatory.

If you don't spend all of your free time researching and planning your next Disney trip (like most of the people on these boards), the average WDW visitor would have no idea that you could book CRT and the dessert party separately and save hundreds of dollars over this package.

I only hope that a newbie comes across this discussion today and realizes what a bad idea it is to waste money on this.

Or better yet, no one buys this "experience" and it quietly disappears like the DVC galactic gathering Epcot event.

Polydweller

Or a scam?
This is neither a scam nor a shame nor predatory. It is really not at all different from Animal Kingdom’s Wild Africa Trek. You are told exactly what you’ll get and how much it will cost. You, yes you, decide whether what is offered is worth that money to you. If you decide it is too expensive then you don’t buy it and thus you are never scammed.

It’s obviously too expensive to you and it is too me as well. But, just like Africa Trek, there will be people for whom it is absolutely fine and they’ll go and will enjoy it and won’t feel like it was too much. That is an individual choice of what is of value and it’s not up to us to judge anyone of those people.

Janir

For the $199 per adult, I think I'll just go to Victoria and Alberts for the same money. ;)
Ok no fireworks, but much better food and desserts. Not as MUCH desserts admittedly.
CRT is normally about $50 per adult, and dessert parties about the same. The 'extras had better add up to at elast $100 somehow.

ghidorah97

Let's get these out of the way right now....

"Disney is a business"
"If you don't like it, don't buy it"
"It doesn't impact you"

;)

I'm normally the type of person that would potentially reply with one of those. Disney is a for-profit business, and their leadership would not be executing their fiduciary duty to shareholders if they didn't look for ways to increase profitability, but there is no logical way to justify the price for this package from my perspective. Would truly be foolish to purchase this.

Schneewittchen

This is neither a scam nor a shame nor predatory. It is really not at all different from Animal Kingdom’s Wild Africa Trek. You are told exactly what you’ll get and how much it will cost. You, yes you, decide whether what is offered is worth that money to you. If you decide it is too expensive then you don’t buy it and thus you are never scammed.

It’s obviously too expensive to you and it is too me as well. But, just like Africa Trek, there will be people for whom it is absolutely fine and they’ll go and will enjoy it and won’t feel like it was too much. That is an individual choice of what is of value and it’s not up to us to judge anyone of those people.
I have to respectfully disagree.

It is a scam on the uninformed. It preys on the ignorance of the infrequent visitor. The product described at $199 / person is nearly identical to the same underwhelming dinner and dessert party that can be purchased for $50 less per person.

It's a shame that Disney can't come up with an original way to get me to spend extra money on a experience. Dinner, dessert, princesses, fireworks, box of stale candy. Am I missing something? Perhaps if they added an expedition into the wilds of Fantasyland that allowed close encounters with fairies (or Tick-Tock Croc) it would become worthwhile. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom