crowds

disneytopdog

I cant tell you about the crowds the past few days, but last week (September 6-10) With the exception of Toy Story Mania. Wait times were anywhere between no wait to 20 minutes. For the past four Septembers, this year by far had the lowest crowds. Hope this helps

Upvote 0

fosse76

It's been pretty crowded...but the wait times are manageable. It's either no waits or waits up to 20-minutes. I think Test Track and Soarin' have the longest waits (and Peter Pan, of course)...those seem to depend on the time of day. But the park midways are rather crowded.

***It's been pretty hot, so Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids have had rather long waits (though Splash Mountain's was still only about 20 minutes)

Upvote 0

shmmrname

Sweet, we arrive saturday. One question: is it a given that TSM is the first ride to do at DHS, or do we FP and ride both ToT and RnR then FP TSM later?

Upvote 0

Rob562

As another poster said, last week the parks were practically empty. It was the least crowded I've ever seen the parks in 15+ vacations at various times of the year.

The one exception was TSMM, but its posted 70-minute wait time was closer to 45-50. We also rode Test Track with a posted 70-minute Standby time, but there was absolutely noone in the queue, and we walked right into the pre-show room. (I have a feleing they were having problems with their FLIK cards that day).

Soarin' was about 20-30 minutes. Space Mtn and BTMRR were 5 minutes or less, same with Pirates. Everest was 10-15 minutes. RNRC and Splash were 10 minutes or less, Peter Pan was posted at 30 but was probably 15-20 (didn't wait). Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, Jungle Cruise, Mansion, Maelstrom, SSE, LWTL were all walk-ons. Heck, even the mid-day Nemo show that we went to didn't fill the theater until *just* before showtime. (And they may have just shut the doors to the theater to start the show, I didn't look too closely at how full the very back was)

The day we left for home (the 13th), we were able to ride TSMM with a 25-minute wait followed by Tower of Terror three times in a row (a 10-minute wait followed by two no-waiting-at-all directly to the Library doors).

-Rob

Upvote 0

Atlantis1

crowds in Dec ?

We almost always travel to Disney in Sept. but this year we are going in Dec. What are the crowds like then ? We will be there from 12/20 to 12/22.

Upvote 0

Mstr Gra-c

For all of those frequent park goers: what do you suppose the crowds will be like in early October, from the 6th to the 11th specifically.
It used to be one of the best times...but due to the F&W Festival I have read some guides claiming it is now one of the busiest. Not too sure which to believe.
Any Help?

Upvote 0
For all of those frequent park goers: what do you suppose the crowds will be like in early October, from the 6th to the 11th specifically.
It used to be one of the best times...but due to the F&W Festival I have read some guides claiming it is now one of the busiest. Not too sure which to believe.
Any Help?

It should be quite quiet. Lat year we went until the 5th of October and there was little to no queues apart from Soarin'. It's might get slightly busier around the 11th as this is when the UK schools are on holiday.

Upvote 0

momofnine

sissa is there right now and she said that the crowds are very small. Hardly any wait times. They were in the great movie ride and there was only 5 other people besides them. The bigger rides like toy story, ee, etc.. all have had wait times of up to 60 minutes, but the crowds were very manageable. Hope you have a great trip.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

fosse76

It was pretty crowded today. The Magic Kingdom and the Studios were too busy for my taste. The Haunted Mansions line was out into the midway.

***RANT: I find it it almost reprehensible that people have pulled their kids out of school for a Disney vacation so soon in the school year...the first week I can maybe understand, but at this time of the month they are well under way. It's no wonder we are the lowest scorers in math and science of all developed nations!***END RANT

Even the studios was crowded. RNRC only had about a 20 minute wait, but Tower of Terror was 70 minutes. Even Indiana Jones was FULL!!! TSM had a 90 minute wait when I went on it. Even the backlot tour had a line.

Upvote 0

doombuggy dude

No Rooms Oct 8-13 = big crowds?

It should be quite quiet. Lat year we went until the 5th of October and there was little to no queues apart from Soarin'. It's might get slightly busier around the 11th as this is when the UK schools are on holiday.

We are trying to plan a trip Oct 8-13 but there are no rooms (well except a few pricey suites). I know free dining, F&W festival and some other offers are going on but is that the reason on site properties are full? We still want to go but are worried about the associated crowds if all these rooms are full. We usually go this time of year and the crowds are usually light. Are our fears of big crowds at the parks these days unfounded? Any info or ideas would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom