crowds

Bahamagirl

My family and I are going to Disney on Sat. and was wondering how crowded the parks have been. I know Aug. is usually very busy but I'm hoping that it's a little less crowded this year. Also, is there any updated info. on Mission: Space, how long the lines are, best time of day...
I'm new, so please bear with me!

:sohappy: 5 days and counting :sohappy:

MouseRight

We went on Sunday 8/3 and returned yesterday - 8/5. Most crowded I have seen in years and we go all the time. Didn't make it to AK but the other 3 were packed. Long lines everywhere - Even Figment had a 15 minite wait. Fast Pass distribution machines at Splash Mountain had a 10 minute wait??? Kind of defeats the purpose.

Pirates had longest lime I have seen since 1994. All of the attractions that are empty when the park is empty were packed - Tiki Room, Food Rocks, etc. You coudl actullay see a line of people walking up and down the Sift Family Robinson Tree.

When I lived in NY before 1995, we used to come down in July and August all of teh time. The crowds reminded me of that period. One exception - No South American Tour groups thsi time. I guess thay are staying away for a while.

While crowds are not fun, it was good to see it like that again, given the history of the last 2 years.

Upvote 0

free9

Are the crowds as big as holiday time?..Easter....X-mas .... so on .. We are going in 9 days... the heat is fine since we live in South Fla......and we have battled peak crowds before

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :king: :king:

Upvote 0

MouseRight

The crowds are as bad as I have seen except for at the special holidays. However, my experience shows that by mid August they usually quiet down because the Noreasterners are back home getting ready for school and the Soueasterners are already in school.

But with all of the things that have happened in recent years I am not sure there is any set formulas any more.

Upvote 0

parrotheadmom

We were at MK on Sat. 8/2 and the crowds weren't that bad. We got there at 10 am and went straight to Fantasyland. We got right on Dumbo which was very surprising (5 min wait) and right on Peter Pan (5 min wait). Got fastpass for Winnie the Pooh because it was a 20 min wait. In the afternoon, we walked right on to Pirates (no wait). It had started raining by then but it rained on Sunday too. Don't know what the difference was between Sat. and Sun. We usually go late fall/winter because of heat and crowds in the summer but I guess we got lucky on Sat. crowd wise. I'm glad we decided to hit MK on Sat. instead of Sun.

parrotheadmom

Upvote 0

MouseRight

Clarification - We were at EPCOT and MGM on Sunday and they were as crowded as I have seen them in some time. Magic Kingdom was crowded on Monday.

Upvote 0

parrotheadmom

Ahh, I see. We took our resort bus to MK on Monday to ride the monorail and check out the Contemp and GF and it did look like there was an awful lot of people heading into MK.

parrotheadmom

Upvote 0

quadman

BUMP:sohappy:

We're leaving on Monday So I was looking so see hows things were now that some of the Southern Schools are back in session.

Upvote 0

Bahamagirl

Original Poster
We just got back from Disney this afternoon and we found it to be really crowded. We went to MK on Sunday-huge mistake! only rode half the rides-Snow White said 20 min. wait -it was over and hour! Never rode Splash Mt. that day. Went back to MK on Wed., not much better, but we did get Fast Passes for Splash MT. and Space Mt.

MGM on Monday was just as crowded. What we found is that the Fast Pass only worked very early in the day, by 10:30 the return time for Rockin Rollercoaster was 6 pm.

The rain didn't help.

We had a great time, but I don't think I'll go back in early Aug. again. Oct. is much better.

Glad you liked the AKL, the Boardwalk was great, had a great view of the TOT.

Upvote 0

marksniles

I'll be there

I'm going to be at WDW from Aug 14-22nd. If you see a guy with a teal t-shirt that says THE TEAL TEAM SMITHFIELD, RI on the back - that's me!!!

Mark

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Just got back last night and I can say that it was very crowded. It was very hot, humid and rained everyday (summer in Florida).

We tried to Fast Pass as much as we could, but a lot of rides had very long lines...TT in EPCOT had a 3 hr. wait at one point...never did get to ride this time. Some schools are back in session so maybe it will be less crowded for you...Enjoy.:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom