crowds

Bahamagirl

My family and I are going to Disney on Sat. and was wondering how crowded the parks have been. I know Aug. is usually very busy but I'm hoping that it's a little less crowded this year. Also, is there any updated info. on Mission: Space, how long the lines are, best time of day...
I'm new, so please bear with me!

:sohappy: 5 days and counting :sohappy:

banjoBob

I was at Disney July 18- the 27th and I usually was at mission:space in athe afternoon and never had to wait longer than 25 mins the 4 times I went on.

Upvote 0

bandman

WE just returned from a July 17-24th visit.

I thought the Parks were busy, but not overly crowded. Most waits at the Magic Kingdom were 20 minutes or less. Many wait times that were posted were actually less. And fast passes were available even in the afternoon for less than an hour in the future.

Somedays were busier than others. For example, We went to Spectromagic and were able to grab a prime bench seat less than an hour before and there were plnty of great seats up until 15 minutes before the parade. But later in the trip we had trouble finding a good seat an hour before.

So, busy but not overwhelming. Watch out for the Heat, it is HOTTTT. Animal Kingdom seemed excessively so. Would have spontaneously combusted without our little hand-held fans !!!

Upvote 0

civileng68

Account Suspended
Actually I disagree with a previous poster about July 17-24.

I was there July 18-20 which is even over a weekend and I found it to be quite comfortable.

Space Mountain's wait was 30 minutes

Splash Mountain was a 60 minute wait (but the Fastpass was broken).

Haunted Mansion was maybe 15 minutes tops.

One thing you must realize is that the Magic Kingdom is always crowded. You really shouldn't judge how busy WDW is by the Magic Kingdom because even though sometimes are more crowded than others, the MK is always crowded. You judge the crowds by Epcot, MGM and even AK to an extent.

Point is, at MK there will always be lines but it's nice to go to Epcot and get on a ride no problem.

Upvote 0

Bahamagirl

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. We have found that MK on Sunday morning isn't too bad (famous last words) We arrive Sat. and will stay away from MK until Sun., probably going to Epcot Sat.

Upvote 0

parrotheadmom

crowds/bahamagirl

bahamagirl,

We'll be there on Sat. too. Actually we're getting in on Friday. Where are you staying? We'll be at the AKL. I'm really hoping it won't be too crowded.

Parrotheadmom

:sohappy: Almost there!!!

Upvote 0

civileng68

Account Suspended
well

Originally posted by bandman
civileng68,

I don't call 90 plus degrees with 80 % plus humidity comfortable.

Maybe I am a wimp. But it sure seemed hot to me.

Actually when i said "comfortable" I was meaning in terms of crowds, not temp.

However, im in South florida so you will get used to it after a while if you stay in it.

Upvote 0

ddbutts1

We were there last weekend (25th -29th) it was very crowded. All the waits were over 1 hour for every ride Fast Pass ran out most of the time by noon! We wre in Epcot on Tues, beofre noon it was not very crowded but by 1 it was a lot more busy. Mission:Space opened every day by 1, The line was all the way down to Mouse Gear before they opened. We rode 3 times over the weekend, the first time was Sat. night about 8:30-no wait.

Upvote 0

ADStang

I agree with ddbutts, we were there 24th - 29th and it was hot, crowded, and long lines. I've come to the conclusion that the early entry feature is a bust - especially at AK. Between the lines at the bus stop (AKL) at 7:30, the bag search line at the park (AKL and MGM especially), and the fact that it is a magnet for all of the resort guests, it just isn't worth it. In fact, next time I am going to look at the early entry as a way to plan which park to avoid.

Good luck, I hope the heat and the lines subside a bit. Also, the brief afternoon thunderstorms extended well into the evenings last week.

On the bright side, you will love AKL. We were fortunate to get an upgrade to a Savannah room even without asking. The numbers are on your side (for the upgrade) if you book a standard room. There are only a hundred and some standard rooms and seven hundred and some Savannah rooms. We saw animals constantly outside our 5th floor balcony. My Son ran to the balcony each morning when he woke up and every time we returned to the room.

I didn't see the need for the bug spray that others have mentioned, but a pair of binoculars are handy.

The Boma buffet is the best meal I have ever had in my life although a bit pricey. The wide variety of flavors and the quality of the food is incredible.

Mara is not that great, but a good fill in if you are caught in a pinch.

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Gucci65

I was in MK last Thursday (7/24) and it was hot and crowded. The temp was around 92, but felt like 100 w/ the humidity. Standyby waits for: Buzz (35 mins), SM (45), BTMR (45), Peter Pan (60 - who would wait 1 hr to ride?), HM (13), etc. It was very crowded but the waits were not as bad as I had originally thought they would be.

Saw MANY people getting ticked off because you can only get a fastpass two hours after the first one is issued - then we saw MANY ticked off people when they would get held up in a stand-by line and the fastpass people file by them.

Good luck and enjoy your trip:)

Upvote 0

bandman

Re: well

Originally posted by civileng68
Actually when i said "comfortable" I was meaning in terms of crowds, not temp.

Oh, Gottcha.:hammer:

I will agree that the crowds were manageable. And you are right. The Magic Kingdom is always some level of busy

Upvote 0

parrotheadmom

We're used to the heat and crowds, especially at MK (which is the only park we'll be hitting this time). As long as half of Brazil isn't there, we'll be fine. :animwink: We're booked into a standard room at AKL and it would be nice to get an upgrade but it will be alright if we don't. We don't spend a whole lot of time in the room anyway. I just wish that AKL had more to offer recreation wise but we are excited about being there. We'll definetly have to atleast eat breakfast at Boma.

parrotheadmom

Upvote 0

bandman

Originally posted by parrotheadmom
As long as half of Brazil isn't there, we'll be fine.
parrotheadmom

It is interesting you mention Brazil. When we were there July 17-24th, I think half of Brazil was there. While waiting for Fantasmic we had to put up with several groups of Brazillian youngsters chanting and singing Brazillian patriotic tunes. It was CRAZY!!!!

Upvote 0

parrotheadmom

It's funny how many people mention the Brazilian tour groups. I know the people of Brazil are very lovely people but these tour groups can really ruin your experience. Thankfully we didn't run into any tour groups this weekend and the crowds at MK weren't too bad in general, ofcourse it rained from afternoon on.

By the way, we LOVED AKL. Got a Savannah room without even asking. So cool!! Breakfast at Boma was wonderful!! We ate there twice. Didn't do dinner though. Mara was ok. Did the hidden Mickey search, that was fun. We'll definetly stay there again!

parrotheadmom

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom