Crowds / Weather for August & October trips

Leo!

Hi all,

I'll be @ WDW in August (21 to 26) and @ Disneyland in October (1st to 6th). What can I expect in therms of crowds and weather?. Any recent experiences (2013, 2014)?

Thanks in advance,

Leo

MermaidJuli

August will be unbelievably hot and humid. Even at night it will be hot and humid. It's one of the worst Florida months. It will also most likely thunderstorm each afternoon for an hour or so. Make sure to bring ponchos (or buy some in the park, but they're a little pricey). That rainy hour is a good time to take break and nap back at your resort or grab a bite to eat. The one good thing about the rain if you don't retreat from it is that it can lessen the crowds a bit. For this time of year, plan to dress lightly and drink a lot of water to help you survive the heat.

The beginning of October can still be REALLY warm compared to anywhere else. I was there the first week of October this year and it was still hot enough to wear shorts and tank tops and need fans to help cool us off during the day. In the evening we did change into pants and take a light jacket with us.

As for crowds...
Note: I tried to put a link to a crowd calendar I usually use, but I wasn't able to include the link. If you look up disney crowd calendars online, you can find some helpful information about what to expect with crowds during certain times of year.

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

The crowds should be lower in August at WDW because most families have gone back to school. Yes, it will be hot, but you are in Florida, so that's to be expected. DL in October weather can really vary. We were there this past year. We had a few days super hot, then it dropped off and it was quite nice. The evenings get chillier, in my opinion, because they don't have the humidity, so you still need a jacket. If you go during MNSSHP, it can get pretty crowded from all of the locals there. You will have a magical time in both places though--you are going to the Happiest Places on Earth! Enjoy!!

Upvote 0

smk

Any chance to flip those dates? August in LA is good, October in Florida is good. Changing them the other way around is ok, except August in Florida is awful hot and humid! Plus, I have heard the MNSSHP in Disneyland is really great!

Upvote 0

Fizban

August is hot and muggy. Dress in good wicking clothing. Also when the rain starts(and it will from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm) dont run and hide (as long as there is no lightning). Stay and play in the rain. All the rides will be walk-ons. Plus if you dressed appropriately you will dry out quickly. August will still be very busy.
October is still relatively hot so again dress lightly but bring a jacket and jeans just in case. October gets really busy thanks to MNSSHPO.

Upvote 0

xracer4844

I was there during the last week of October 2014 with my girlfriend. It was still very hot, 80-90's, shorts and t-shirts no problem. It was busy...but not horrible. Wait times were anywhere from walk on - 40 minutes. August is very hot and humid in Florida - 90F or more and like 80% or higher humidity!

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

My son lives in LA. He said that last year was the hottest October he's had to endure in 10 years. He worked part time at another park for HHN's, and the heat made some of the costumed workers sick. They were wearing wet towels or wet skull caps under their hoods/wigs. However, this was unusual. I would just watch the weather as the time gets closer.
As to Orlando, August is always very hot. Even in October last year, I developed a sun allergy from the extreme heat, and I had on sunblock and sleeves. We only had rain one time in October last year.

Upvote 0

SMS55

As others have said, expect August to be hot and humid. It will rain in the afternoon and you might experience a few days of stormy weather. It's the typical summer Florida weather pattern. It's also near the peak of the hurricane season. The last few years we haven't had even a threat but it's something to keep in mind. You won't need anything long sleeved or even pants unless you're planning some of the nicer restaurants. Two years ago we went from August 14-18 and last year we went for Labor Day weekend. Both times the crowds were manageable. You have to arrive early to the parks and you'll get to ride before the crowds arrive. By the 21st most of the public schools have started so the big crowds are have died down some. Sorry I can't tell you about California weather for October. In Florida October is our transition month for weather. You can still experience the summer patterns at the beginning of the month as it can it still hit 90 degrees, but by the end of the month the humidity has dropped off and it's comfortable. We might even get a cold front but nothing a northerner would complain about.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

Lots of rain those months. But it's Florida it's hit or miss. It rained everyday on our September trip but didn't really affect us except to watch wishes 1 night.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom