Crowds This Weekend

Poncho1973

I know that my dad & I stood in line for over 4 hours to ride King's Island's (now Paramount's KI) King Cobra on it's opening day...

which was SOOOO not worth that wait.

BwanaBob

Would NOW be a bad time to bring up the dreaded "Well, what do you think of Fast-pass NOW?" question???

:lookaroun

:lol:

BwanaBob

Guess it's just a no-win situation, huh?

Can't have a life on vaca 'cause there's just too many dang people...

Can't go on my rides cause the waits too long!

Can't use the current program Disney invented cause I "live on the fly"...

Can't think of a better program to pitch to Disney so I can be rich!

JohnK9

Waiting longer? They have the chance to go out and do more things while in effect waiting for that ride. With such large crowds there are going to be times that the entire system is overwhelmed but the Fast Pass works well even during heavy crowds, right now is just a time beyond the norm. If Fast Pass did not work other parks would not be copying the idea and in fact charging at some parks for its use. Imagine if everyone who had a fast pass were standing there in line too...the wait would be too much. Children, as you know become board and can't wait in line for that amount of time. Fast Pass allows families to "wait in line" while still entertaining or feeding the kids. A super system and other parks think the same thing.

Poncho1973

Originally posted by Blake
Just a question, did Mission:Space and Test Track overflow their queues?

absolutely!

The M:S queue was full, the line wrapped out on the concourse, counter-clockwise around the planter and southward down the pathl to NEARLY (I'm talking within 25 feet) merge with the Test Track line.

When I left them, they were standing close enough that when I happened (by pure luck) to see an old friend standing in line for Test Track (they were right where you enter the formal queues for the SB/SR lanes of Fast Pass at the greeter/height checker) I didn't even move and we had a 20 second conversation.

Pixie Duster

I am not going to go into the argument for and against Fastpass thing.

June is not going to be like this, but I will say you are crazy for visiting during the summer. Not necessary because the wait times are like this but because the weather is unbearable for people who are not acclimated to it.

murphy

Been spoiled by off season!!Have been there in feb. nov. dec. and april! This year I have no choice but i am not looking forward to the heat!! WE WILL make the best of it!! It is WDW!!!

Pixie Duster

Well my dear bring water with you and drink lots of it. Try and give yourself enough time so that you can possibly go back tot he hotel in the middl eof the day when it is hottest and go cool off in the pool...

General Grizz

From WFTV.com

On Monday, both the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom had to close after hitting capacity. Disney won't tell us how many people were inside, but we do know some of the waits inside have been as long as 160 minutes.

badsquishy

My family was supposed to be at Disney World this week, but opted out because of the crowds. I'm glad now, I heard they had to close the gates several times. My daughter is down there now with her high school band. They marched in the Magic Kingdom March yesterday. She called me and said they didn't ride many rides later because the waits were so long. The fastpass wait for Splash Mtn at 2pm was to come back between 8 and 9.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom