Crowds This Weekend

crazydaveh

Original Poster
I hear the crowds at all 4 parks were very bad this weekend, as in, too many people! I didn't go, but my roomate says Saturday was a wash with all the people, and he couldn't find a hotel to stay at, in, or around the parks!

Anyone think it will get better this week with New Year's???

Chris

Crowds were horrible! Worst I've seen in 14 years. Was there from Dec 19 and just returned today (Dec 28th). We did not even bother going to the parks on Saturday because Friday was so crowded. Here is an example: We stood in the Fastpass line for HM for over 70 minutes and the ride was functional the entire time.

But, we still had fun!

BwanaBob

Guess I'll be "liv'n in the VAN down by the RIVER!" on Wednesday night!

...well, that sucks!

Anyone have a few hundred $$ I could borrow for an available room, like around, say, $1,200?

Super Duck

Anybody know what the crowds will be like the weekend of the 10th?? I think the marathon is that weekend, but I don't know how much that adds to the crowds. How many people run in the marathon?? Does it have a significant impact on the crowds??

SuperDuck

Chris

This is what surprised me the most. I have been in the MK several times when it has been closed. In the past, all the lots were full and they were parking us in the grass. This time the MK was closed by 11:00am and we left about 6:45 for dinner. There were still one and a half lots that were unused. Kind of looks like WDW did a great jpb of getting people to stay on property and use their transportation system.

Sean23

Mission Space and Test Track are remaining open an hour after Epcot closes.

1876607876994_235.jpg

JohnK9

The longer lines are a "pain" for the tourist, but I think it is great for Disney. Shows that their latest advertising is working well. I hope to see the crowds continue to support further expansion.

Pixie Duster

Of course!

I do feel bad for our guests right now, ... to a certain extent. The past couple of days we have closed on and off throughout the days because of the crowds. Everyone is off work and school right now, what would you expect? It is going to probably stay bad throughout New Year's. I know it's tough, but everyone has off right now throughout the entire country so the crowds do make sense.

Just please, please do NOT blame Disney for it. No one can be blamed for crowds, that's just how it goes.

If you want more wait times, let's see Kilamonjaro Safari was around 2hours yesterday and today in the afternoon, I heard Small World was 65 min, so ya. If you don't want crowds don't go when everyone else is taking off from work. And plan ahead, book your room in advance people :p

JohnK9

You are right there Pixie Duster, it's not Disney's fault. I like seeing them do well like this after the tourism lull following 9-11.

Man, closed the gates...I knew that has happened during the fourth of July but did not know it was that busy right now.

You all do a great job with the increase in guests. I do feel bad for those that have saved for a long time to enjoy a magical vacation and then have to deal with the larger crowds. I know they will have a super time despite the crowds with the help of dedicated cast.

Pixie Duster

I wish that was so John, and I thank you for your understanding and appreciation, however, I encountered a TON of upset guests that were irrate simply because of the crowds, not necessarily service, but just wait times and crowds.
I feel bad, but it's also kind of like, well what did you expect, everyone to stay home when they have off from work for a good while?

JohnK9

Yeah, they should include in the new safety campaign “Don’t abuse the Cast”. We were witness to one lady a few weeks ago yelling out very foul language to a cast member, and in front of all the kids and those waiting for the parade.

crazydaveh

Original Poster
When I started this thread, I never intended to blame Disney for the crowds! If you've been in Florida the past few years, the travel slump is all that's been broadcasted! It's great to see tourists spend money here, our state needs the tax revenue really bad.

I will be at the parks on Wednesday, and I'm expecting crowds, it goes with the territory, it's a holiday, it's Disney, and there's going to be a ton of people... it's just how it is, but You can make it fun!

Poncho1973

Monday (12-29)

I wandered into Epcot for lunch with some friends... wow... it was packed.

Test Track = 150 min wait
Mission: Space = 180 min wait (that's 3 hours kids)

The guests I met actually stood in line for Mission:Space after I left them. I left WORK at 4pm before they got off the attraction! It took 3:10 to wait for/ride it and that doesn't include post-show time.

General Grizz

3 hours for 4 minute experience?? While waiting in line, one could theoretically ride Mission Space 45 times!

Wow. I'm glad we didn't go this week!

On the side, can anyone guess the longest recorded wait time in the USA parks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom