Crowds on Xmas day ???

KevinPage

I know Xmas week is a nightmare they say, but how about Xmas day?

Since we just moved to Florida and none of our immediate family is down here, I wanted to spend the day in the parks(what could be better I'm thinking :)

Also, do they do anything else different for THAT day as opposed to the regular Holiday events that normally go on at the park?

Kevin Page

jcmayid

Christmas morning at the Magic Kingdom is unbelievable!!! I cannot stress enough what it is like to spend the day at the MK on Christmas, especially if it is a bit cool that day. Just beautiful!!!

Upvote 0

jcmayid

Oh yeah I forgot, the lines are unbareable. It is good to just enjoy the rides you like, the special Christmas shows, and do some people watching.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Morning is the best time to go...we went last christamas.....

got there when the park opened....and were able to bounce back between Buzz lightyear and space mountain.....and rode Splash mountain 3 time in a row......

by noon the locals came in for the parade....which last year...almost got rained out.....from then on the parks are horrible.....the worst of of the worst....

Upvote 0

conntom

to Kevin PageBy the way it's Christmas not Xmas there is no holiday called xmas but back to the real ? IT is realy bisy I went one Christmas and I would not do it again. I am going on Dec 8 to the 14 it is the best time to go.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Upvote 0

monorail256

Hi! We are going to be arriving at Disney on December 26th and I belive we are staying through.... hmmm January 2nd or something like that. Will the crowds be massive for all those days? And what is the best park / area to go to for New Years?

Upvote 0

pooh&eyore

Originally posted by monorail256
Hi! We are going to be arriving at Disney on December 26th and I belive we are staying through.... hmmm January 2nd or something like that. Will the crowds be massive for all those days? And what is the best park / area to go to for New Years?

Was there the same time 1995-1996. It was crowded, but with the late hours then we were able to do all three parks (no AK Then). We went to the private party at PI for new years - food everywhere - much better than any other night I have ever been there. Park was pretty empty on New Years Day - I guess most were resting or travelling home. Anyway, a great time to go.

Upvote 0

jonmar

Crazy Crowded

I went to Disney 2 years ago on Christmas, it was so crowded they closed all of the parks, all week long they were doing that. Somehow though, for whatever reason, I didnt seem to wait on line much longer than normal, but all the parks were issued a code 5 attendance code, which meant they were so crowded they stopped letting people in.

Upvote 0

Lance

I've been to the Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day 95 and 98, and it was MOB CITY!!!

They closed the gates very early, because the park got filled to capacity!

It's a good time if you don't mind shoulder to shoulder crowds......

I also suggest New Year's Eve in MK, it's a lot better than Christmas Day in MK.

Upvote 0

wdwguru

Crowds at Christmas

We were at Disney the week before Christmas through the 26th in 2000. What a mistake! We had been there before Christmas and around New Years, but never on Christmas day. I can honestly say, never again! :hammer: If we had it to do over again, we would have left on Christmas morning. We've been there in crowds before, but nothing like the madness of Christmas Day. It was soooo bad, they would not allow anyone to get transportation of any kind to the Magic Kingdom by early afternoon. To see the parade, we had to take a bus to the Contemporary and then walk from there. It was wall to wall people, so we saw very little of the parade and left. Maybe since visitation is down, it won't be as bad. I hope not. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.:( While being at Disney at Christmastime is magical, it's better in early December!

Upvote 0

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by monorail256

I tend to steer clear of Disney World during the week of Christmas. The best times I have found to go to Disney are:

1) the weekend of Superbowl Sunday
2) the day after Thanksgiving (everyone is shopping this day) up until the 2nd week in December
3) The week after Labor Day (when all of the schools are back in session nationwide - some schools start in Mid to Late August and others start in Sept).

If you go to Disney on Superbowl Sunday -- expect the tumbleweeds to come rolling through the parks...

:animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom