Crowds in March

missypie

Original Poster
We are considering a trip to Paris March 13th - 21st, 2004. I know the weather may not be ideal, but when you have kids in school you follow the school calendar. I assume that the crowds on week days during that time won't be too bad. What about the week ends? Do you think DLP would be very crowded, say Friday Mar. 19th and Sat. Mar. 20th?

Also, someone advised me to check the local school calendars to try to avoid the local school holidays. I found a kink to a French school calendar site, but - surprise, surprise - the site was in French. Does anyone know if French or British kids are likely to be out of school at that time?

I am also considering the last few days of May-first week of June. I know the weather would be better but the crowds would probably be worse. Any thoughts?

ios

I live in France and have an annual pass for Disneyland Paris.It's not crowded in March and it's often nearly empty on week days.You're lucky to be free to go in March because in France we have school holidays in February and in April but not in March so you won't have to wait in line too long (probably not at all).If you go there at the end of May or beginning of June the crowds could be much worse so you're better off going in March.I hope you will enjoy it.There are two parcs and you would need about three days to see everything.There is a free brochure that gives you the prices of all the hotels and the entrance to the parks tickets that you can order on this site:www.disneylandparis.com,but you might have to wait until winter to order it.

missypie

Original Poster
Thanks so much! There is something to be said for traveling in the off season. About 10 years ago my husband and I went to Germany in February ... I had heard about people waiting in line for hours to enter Neuschwanstein ... we walked right in and it was gorgeous in the snow! I have relatives who take their children to Florida every single spring break. The weather may be perfect, but the kids sure aren't learning much about the rest of the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom