crowds in july

suerudge

Original Poster
HI
CAN ANYONE HELP WE ARE GOING TO FLORIDA LAST WEEK IN jULY AND 1ST WEEK aUGUST. WHAT ARE THE CROWDS LIKE AND THE WEATHER WE ARE TOLD IT CAN RAIN EVERY DAY IS THIS TRUE!
TA
SUE:)

Tim G

suerudge said:
HI
CAN ANYONE HELP WE ARE GOING TO FLORIDA LAST WEEK IN jULY AND 1ST WEEK aUGUST. WHAT ARE THE CROWDS LIKE AND THE WEATHER WE ARE TOLD IT CAN RAIN EVERY DAY IS THIS TRUE!
TA
SUE:)
If you promise not to scream the next time, I'll tell you...

Weather: Hot & Humid
Crowds: crowded to very crowded...
Rainfall: Sometimes it rains every day... but never for long..

Mostly if it rains, it rains around 4 or 5pm most of the time... sometimes it POORS...
But in july I don't mind when it rains...

PS.

Welcome to WDWMAGIC :D

NadieMasK2

We've gone in the month of July for the last 2 years and the crowds were manageable, especially if you take advantage of fastpass. But, beware of large tour groups wreaking havoc in the queues. This is a popular month for these large groups of mostly younger people who seem to leave their manners at home.:animwink:

I luv WDW

Summer at WDW

During the summer the parks are pretty crowded. Be prepared for the almost daily thunderstorm and the almost unrelenting humidity. Plan to spend time at Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. Go early and stay late. Spend the middle of the day in the pool.;)

mitchk

I went last July, and I will never go in the summer again. :mad: Tons of tour groups (mostly ignorant Brazilians), very hot weather, and long wait times. Also, someone mentioned the fast passes, well for a lot of the new popular attractions, the fast passes were gone about an hour after the park opened (Soarin especially).

ToTBellHop

I think it's very manageable...it really depends on what you are used to. I have only gone to WDW during crowded seasons (I'm not a local, so whenever I'm free for vacations, so are a lot of other people)--just be smart. Trying to get on Soarin' in the middle of the afternoon will probably not be enjoyable for you...go on rides like JIIw/F then, and the like. It just takes extra planning to have a good time in July, but if you do your homework, it can be fantastic. The parks are open late, all of the rides are open, and you can leave your jacket at home.

NadieMasK2

ISTCNavigator57 said:
I think it's very manageable...it really depends on what you are used to. I have only gone to WDW during crowded seasons (I'm not a local, so whenever I'm free for vacations, so are a lot of other people)--just be smart. Trying to get on Soarin' in the middle of the afternoon will probably not be enjoyable for you...go on rides like JIIw/F then, and the like. It just takes extra planning to have a good time in July, but if you do your homework, it can be fantastic. The parks are open late, all of the rides are open, and you can leave your jacket at home.

Totally agree! Arrive at park opening, you can get a lot done first thing in the morning (especially if it rains in the afternoon). Still, plan ahead and use the fast passes wisely and it will be great. Also, be willing to say "who cares if it's raining - I'm in Disney World!" and enjoy splashing like a kid!

MissM

I won't go in the summer. To me, it's just not worth it. Living here in Florida for the last 20 years, I know all too well how miserable the heat, humidity and brutal sun can be. Then again, I have the luxury of being an 1.5 hours away. Still though, I broke my "no-summer" rule last year to see Lucky before he left and it was horrible. I was ready to go home at 11am.

You can't over prepare for the intensity of the weather. Sunscreen, wide-brimmed hats, tons of water (not soda, water or sports drinks) and a LOT of downtime in shade and air conditioning. You just can't push yourself on a summer trip. Add in crowds - and yes, especially large, obnoxious tour groups - and it can be a frustrating experience.
-m

ps: Oh and fyi, it doesn't cool down when it rains. It actually usually gets muggier. The biggest problem with summer afternoon showers aren't the shower part but the lightning. Keep that in mind and seek cover if it gets bad. Lightning is nothing to mess around with.

ToTBellHop

MissM said:
I won't go in the summer. To me, it's just not worth it. Living here in Florida for the last 20 years, I know all too well how miserable the heat, humidity and brutal sun can be. Then again, I have the luxury of being an 1.5 hours away. Still though, I broke my "no-summer" rule last year to see Lucky before he left and it was horrible. I was ready to go home at 11am.

You can't over prepare for the intensity of the weather. Sunscreen, wide-brimmed hats, tons of water (not soda, water or sports drinks) and a LOT of downtime in shade and air conditioning. You just can't push yourself on a summer trip. Add in crowds - and yes, especially large, obnoxious tour groups - and it can be a frustrating experience.
-m

ps: Oh and fyi, it doesn't cool down when it rains. It actually usually gets muggier. The biggest problem with summer afternoon showers aren't the shower part but the lightning. Keep that in mind and seek cover if it gets bad. Lightning is nothing to mess around with.
oh, yes! You can see the steam rising right after the t-storms move away...while the outside temps don't drop in the rain, your body temp. does. Investing in one of Disney's ponchos is a must...I got drenched one year walking to the bus, and then the bus drivers, of course, have the a/c cranked up...I was FROZEN...really the only benefit from the rain in the summer is that it thins the crowds out...excepting Epcot. Epcot is so rain-friendly...

macsmom

Go to Wal*Mart's sporting goods section, camping aisle and pick up a handful of their ponchos. They are less than a dollar each. I usually buy about 5 of them at a time. When you go to the park, stick one in your back pocket. If it doesn't rain, no harm. Save it for another day. If it does, you have easy access to your poncho, and you spent less than $1 instead of much more than Disney prices. Unless you have to have one with Mickey on it!

suerudge

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replys,:sohappy:
unfortunately we have to go those weeks as my husband is a car worker and that is shut down time. Causes us lots of problems as holiday prices are a lot higher as well.
We are going this time with the grandchildren aged 6 and 9 so am looking forward to showing them wdw. Hopefully will be able to queue for those autographs myself now without looking silly.

will invest in a poncho for all of us.
counting down now and can't wait.

ta to you all

sue
UK:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom