Crowds during first week in March

mb2929da

I posted the following question in another thread (e.g. Port Orleans Riverside vs French Quarter) and received one reply (thank you Disneyman79):

We're planning a trip to WDW during the first week in March, 2003. According to "the Unofficial Guide", this appears to be a good time to go; since, there is a significant dip in attendence...historically speaking. Does anyone know why this week is considered to be Peak Season even though the attendence isn't as high as say President's Day or Spring Break weeks? Can anyone share their experiences travelling to WDW during the first week in March? Were the crowds less than the surrounding weeks?

Thank you,

- Mike

cruiseman

I can take a guess for you. The crowds arent as bad as some of the american holidays but in Canada there spring breaks(March break to them) start in the begining of march and lots of canadians love WDW.

Upvote 0
It depends. We went this past March (2nd or 3rd week) and it was the most crowded i had ever seen WDW. My trip happened to be the same week as Orlando's spring break. You know it's bad if "Small World" has a 90 minute wait. Seriously, the first week may not be bad, but anytime after that is horrible. We also went this past June and the crowds are not near as bad as March.

Upvote 0

DanStat

I've been down most weeks in March, and April, and we usually take our vacations around, and during the Spring Break week...crowds usualluy aren't bad.

This year, crowds were a little heavier, but not by much.

That week should be fine, mb2929da.

Upvote 0

frazierle

Mardi Gras is March 4th this year and the entire Louisiana population seems to end up at Disney. I ran into a cousin I haven't seen in years there in Feb. They extended the park hours every night we were there and even through in an e-night. I think that had more to do with it being so close to President's day than actually being Mardi Gras. The year before we went in March and it was great. Regardless, I'll be there again.

Upvote 0

CRCrazy

We went March 2-9 this year and the crowds were practically non existent! We stayed at the Contemporary (of course) and I think they only had 20 percent of the rooms filled - the place was empty! Of course, Shades of Green hadn't moved over yet, but there were only 1-2 families in the Food N Fun Center or at the pool at any time! The last night, things seemed to be picking up a little! I don't think too many schools take spring break until the second week of March.

Our first day there, we arrived at Epcot around 2:15. We went over to Test Track, which was closing down for rehab the next day, and were able to get a Fast Pass for 4:20. Right now if you get there much later than 11 or 11:30, the Fast Passes are completely gone for the day!

I think it is peak season pricing because the weather is perfect, you have two or three busy weeks around President's Day, we New Englanders must have our February and April vacations! Then you head into March breaks and Easter breaks! They don't reschedule for just that one slow week. The hours were shorter at MK and MGM, but we had fireworks just about every night! The one sad thing - there weren't any E nights that week at all! Oh well - it was an awesome trips, and we never waited in a line longer than about 15 minutes, I think we have Fast Pass to thank for that!

My husband really wants to again that week for 2003, but we may revert back to the first week of February to take advantage of the value season resort prices, also it will be our 18th anniversary Feb 1, and we did spend our honeymoon in Disney.

Whatever week you choose, have a great vacation!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom