Crowd Report Last Week of April

jjgoo

Hi All,
I saw a lot of questions in the past month or so about crowds for the last week of April. Well my wife and I just returned from a 4/25-5/2 trip and I wanted to give a report from my perspective.

Of course since Spring/Easter Breaks tend to move around a little this may not apply for next year, but it might give some insight.

First the weather was near perfect. All sunshine, all week. It got closer to 90° toward the end of the week, but the temperature was mostly very nice, especially in the shade.

Because of the nice weather and a real need for some relaxation time we did not go into the parks as much as we normally do, but when we did we found thew crowds to be pretty reasonable. For instance we went into DHS one morning around 9:30 and rode Toy Story Midway Mania twice in less than 45 mins. The fast passes seemed to be going quick but nobody was actually in line. I walked right on to ToT and RnRc was about a 8 min wait in the single rider line. Normal line about 20 min. On Sat. with extra magic hours at the Magic Kingdom the longest wait we saw was for Peter Pan at about 45 mins, but it looked like the line was moving faster than that.

We found that the restaurants were not overly crowded and we had no problem walking up to Mama Melrose for lunch. Other restaurants where we had reservations seemed to be allowing walk ups with the exception of Le Cellier.

The biggest crowds we ran into to were people going to the Safari in AK first thing in the morning (but was only a 10 min wait when we got there and only showed a 20 min wait once we were off the ride). Also World of Disney was insane the night we were there. However a CM told us that it is absolutely empty during the day.

Overall the crowds were very managable, not too many tour groups and the cheerleaders that we came across were just as well behaved as any other teenager.

We will definitely consider this time of year again. :sohappy:

pax_65

Thanks for the report! I arrive Friday... I'm hoping for similar crowd levels. Everyone who is planning a trip is a little freaked because touringplans changed their forecast for May to 8s and 9s (very crowded!).

If anyone is reading this who is in the parks this week, feel free to let us know how the crowds are this week!

Upvote 0

eeyoremum

We were at Disney 04/26 - 05/02 and found the same thing. We rode EE 7 times in a row using the single rider line. Later the same day we rode 4 more time using the regular line (no wait). Same with RnR and TT at DHS. We were at POR and there was a school group in. They were not bad kids but they did kind of take over the pool area in the evening (especially the hot tub).

We found Epcot to be the busiest. There seemed to be tons of school kids there everytime we were there.

I would go this time of year again it was great and no humidity.

Upvote 0

smk

I have friends who are "regular" (AP holders) visitors and they just got back over the weekend from a short 4 day stay. They both said it was not at all crowded, walked onto everything and had no problems eating meals whenever and wherever they wanted.

Upvote 0

smk

Thanks for the report! I arrive Friday... I'm hoping for similar crowd levels. Everyone who is planning a trip is a little freaked because touringplans changed their forecast for May to 8s and 9s (very crowded!).

If anyone is reading this who is in the parks this week, feel free to let us know how the crowds are this week!
Do they base their predictions from previous years crowds levels? I would think that is not going to be a very good prediction this year. :drevil: Something tells me the economy is getting in the way of a lot of people vacations plans this year.

Upvote 0

disneyliv85

It's so weird the predictions were so high yet from the reports its not very crowded. Why would they put them so high in the first place? Oh well - just glad its not really crowded!! Leavin Monday - woohoo!!

Upvote 0

KC82271

We were there 4/29 to 5/4. I agree with OP - crowds were not too bad. In speaking with some off-duty CMs, they think the words "swine flu" kept a lot of people home.

We never do the MK on the weekends, but with an almost 4 year old, we had no choice. Peter Pan said 35 minutes mid-day on Sunday, and we really only waited about 20-25. Our longest wait of the weekend was for the fairies & princesses. And each of those lines was less than an hour - so that really wasn't long compared to other wait times I see posted here for them.

Buzz Lightyear was about 20 minutes at the longest wait - so that was really good.

Even the POP foodcourt wasn't crowded at peak times.

All in all - touringplans was totally off on this one!

Upvote 0

strmchsr

I've been checking the times on the various rides. According to Touring Plans' criteria and the wait times I've written down actual crowd size has been in the 6-7 range this week as opposed to the 8-9 predicted (we arrived 5/2 and are still here). It's definitely been more crowded than normal for early May, but Fastpass has made everything manageable. With Fastpass we get on pretty quick, but standby lines for many of the more popular attractions (BTMRR, Peter Pan, etc) have been in the 45+ min range most all day.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies! I think touring plans had around 6 posted for most of the week. I was really lower than that.

I think the couple of weeks between Spring/Easter breaks and schools that get out in May is a really good time.

We were a little worried because of the the large crowds during Spring break but it all turned out to be great. :D

Upvote 0

melissw

We were there 4/26 to 5/3 and I agree with the other posters that the crowds weren't that bad. There were bunches of cheerleader/dance teams the beginning of the week and some school field trips throughout the week. Sat 5/2 had a 9 on TouringPlans before we left, but maybe the hot day and swine flu scare turned some people away b/c it wasn't that bad at DTD and Epcot that day.
We also went about this same time last year and also had the same experience - great weather, moderate crowds.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom