crowd levels

geordie31

hi all am going to disney in december just wondering if anyone can tell me about how busy it is at that time of year have heard its nit to busy just wondering if anyone can enlighten me cheers

we went in dec last year and it was just right 1st dec till 15th some ride were only 15min waiting time but my friend went 18th till 5th jan and it was packed to the point they had to close the gates in to the park because it was to busy,

the week of thanks given (22nd nov and last 2 week of dec are very busy, between and after these dates are perfect.

in fact we are booked for to go 24th nov till 14th of dec since we enjoyed it so much last year in dec.

p.s make sure you book Mickey's very merry Christmas party 10/10 me and the kids loved it.

Upvote 0

cattprez

im also going in dec for my honeymoon.. i dont know what to expect...im soooo excited though... ive already received our mickey's very merry xmas party tix. i just hope my fiance' enjoys himself. he's not a disney nut like me hehe

Upvote 0

RayLaVeau

hi all am going to disney in december just wondering if anyone can tell me about how busy it is at that time of year have heard its nit to busy just wondering if anyone can enlighten me cheers

If you are going to the Parties they will be crowded definately, as far as general crowds I believe it's "Ok" not extremely crowded, but not too slow. As far as waiting it's a little more pleasant weather wise.
Totally fun and the Parks are very festive and beautiful Xmas decorations make it a joy to look at even more so.
have Fun!! :wave::wave::wave:

Upvote 0

TIGGER1

:) We are going on Boxing Day and we have been told that the crowds will be terrible but what the heck. If you are going to Epcot on New Years Eve been told to be there very early ie opening time hope this helps:xmas:

Upvote 0

Mister Marbles

December Crowds (and Oct)

We’ve made a few trips to Disney the first week of December and by WDW crowd standards it was a ghost town. And as it turns out, I’ve read that that week is the best for crowds and it stands to reason, it being wedged between 2 holidays (everybody’s saving those vacation days). That said, we usually go the middle of October, it’s not dead but it’s certainly not packed. If you’ve never gone before do a little research, plan your daily adventures a little and use FAST PASSES to your benefit. We start our day by heading straight to our favorite attraction (while the newbie’s get sucked in by the gift shops and ambiance), the lines are generally very short, we get a Fast Pass for later (in case the crowds swell) then get into the normal queue for a quick once around and then get to return a couple hours later for more fun (using this technique we've riden attractions like Rockin' Rollercoaster 4 times in a row with lines under 5 minutes in length!). For attractions like Epcot’s Soarin’, picking up a Fast Pass straight away is critical as this one books up quickly and after that the lines can be 2 hours long! During special event months like Oct, Nov & Dec don’t miss Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, the tickets are extra but as they’re sold in limited amounts the Magic Kingdom is fairly quiet and it’s a GREAT TIME to ride Space Mountain a dozen times in a row while everyone else is watching the amazing parades and fireworks!

Upvote 0

stylist2382

Christmas?

So my fiance and I are going to WDW on christmas eve this year. I havent been since '89 and fiance has never been. We know the lines will be long however how would one define long. We are from chicago and during the summer on a normal day great america;s lines are 2 and half hours long. So this long, longer shorter??? thank you
danielle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom