Crowd levels in Sept/Oct

Bigart

Original Poster
If any experts see this thread, please advise. What would be the single least crowded day at the MK in Sept/Oct. I know it is hard to nail down one day, but based on expert opinion, crowd calendars, past experience etc. what day would that be?

Fantasmic

I've been in sept and oct.... Oct was much busier but we were there ove coloumbus day.

You can't pin point 1 exact day that will be the least busy!!

bb5953

okay you have me worried Fantasmic.... Do you think I will hit big crowds being the week before C day? I have a 3 yr old and don't want her getting pushed around etc.

Cmdr_Crimson

I can say it is a bit busier and this is due to the fact that many families come for the Free Dining option with their packages and it's also the second week in for the F&W Fest at Epcot..There really isn't a slow day...Unless some freak severe storm rolls in then you might have a quiet day...

okay you have me worried Fantasmic.... Do you think I will hit big crowds being the week before C day? I have a 3 yr old and don't want her getting pushed around etc.

You'll be fine. She won't get pushed around. The crowds, while nowhere near as low in October as they were prior to the DDP, are still some of the lowest of the year. September is better because most people have their kids back in school right before and they are less likely to take them out right away but October is still a great time to go. I think the last time we went in October and had very low crowds was in 2005 and the crowds were virtually non-existent. There were times when we thought the park was empty and all rides were a simple walk-on. But it has steadily gotten more busy during that time of the year due to the DDP and then the Free Dining offer being extended into that month.

But you will still be just fine. My son really enjoyed himself there even at 2 years old. Your daughter will have a blast.

Fantasmic

Oh no! Don't worry!! It was moderatly busy, but not even summer busy, just a bit busier than the other days of our vacation!

Although, if you're worried about your 3 yr old getting pushed around, rent her a stroller? She'll be safe in one of them!

http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/crowd-calendar - you can see how there is a little spike of crowds over Coloumbus Day weekend!

Chevross

I really enjoyed going in October. I went for a week and it was not a bit crowded except for my last day at MK on a Monday (may have been a holiday, not Halloween) which was packed beyond belief. Other than that, I'd rather go in October than any other time of the year.

cowanfamily

I have been the last week of September and am returning again at this time. The place seemed like a ghost town. There were some rides, SM and KRR, that we didn't have to get off. We rode KRR 4 times without getting out of the boat. The weather was great as well.

Bigart

Original Poster
Thanks all. The crowd calendar stats show the best days to be Sept 20 and 22 which are tuesday and thursday respectively. I basically total the per park numbers of all 4 parks and seek the lowest sum. The last few days of Sept are also very low. Oct 1 there is a slight spike due to the 40th anniv. But the stats can be tricky; they aren't based only on crowd levels but also closing times, special events, em magic and ee magic hours etc. Disney doesn't disclose pure attendance data per park from previous years. Just wasnt sure if attendance was less in late Sept or October.

jlandis44

I have been there the week leading up to Halloween, when Halloween was Friday night, and frankly it was a ghost town (bad pun intended). Most lines were less than 20 minutes at all times (except TSM, of course), and many were walk ons.

For what it's worth, TouringPlans.com is showing low crowd predictions from Sept 18-Oct 7, and Oct 16-Oct 25th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom