Crowd levels during MNSSHP?

ejkanter

We're planning on going to WDW the week of Halloween (Oct 28th-Nov 4th) this year and was just wonder how the crowd levels are during that week.
We've been there in the beginning of Oct but never at the end or during halloween.
We want to take the kids there for halloween this year and would just like a heads up on how busy it is during that time.
Thanks!
Erick

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The closer you get toward Halloween the busier it gets also it will typically sell out on the 30th and 31st. I was there lat year on I believe the 27th which was a Thursday and the crowds were light. If they do the dates in a similar manner as last year you best be will Sunday the 29th. I would purchase your tickets as soon as they become available. With Halloween falling on a Tuesday I would expect the weekend before to be busy.

Upvote 0

Dj Corona

We usually go the week before the Halloween rush, crowds aren't too bad. MNSSHP tends to thin out after the 2nd parade, and there's virtually zero wait for the rides, so depending how old your children are, make sure they're well rested to take advantage.

Upvote 0

orangewarrior

Halloween crowds

We visited Disney (our first family trip) during October of 2003. It was during the week of Columbus Day Holiday on Monday. We arrived that Sunday and it was extremely busy. The crowds thinned as the week went on. We attended the Halloween party on either Tuesday or Thursday night and it was fantastic. There were definitely people there, but it was the least crowded we saw the Magic Kingdom that week.

We returned to Disney the following October of 2004 - on Halloween day flowing over into November. The crowds never reached the fever pitch that we had experienced on and around Columbus Day the previous year. However, the crowds seemed to be more consistent throughout the week. I seem to remember a lot of travelers from New Jersey as the Public Schools in New Jersey had that week of school off for whatever reason. We did attend the Halloween party on Halloween night and it was not quite as pleasant experience as the year before. The crowds and lines were larger, but it was still better than most other days at the park.

If I had to choose between the two weeks in terms of crowd volumes, I would choose the latter week. We also had much more pleasant weather by waiting the three weeks.

However, our best experience with crowd volumes and lines was this past June. We were there the first full week of June in 2005. The park hours were extended and there seemed to be more CM at each attraction. Consequently, the crowds were more spread out and I would choose this week over the October time period.

I'm certain you'll have a great experience. Have a plan to beat the crowd, and don't be afraid to change course.

Upvote 0

CMALOVESDISNEY

I have been there during many different times of the year, I am also from New Jersey & during Halloween the kids have off for teachers convention, so it tends to be busy.

I have gone in early December (Dec 5th - 10th) when the christmas decorations are all up and the christmas party is going on and its not to crowded. We had a blast at the MK Christmas party!

We are headed back in August 2007 for a family reunion and I am alittle nervous about the summer crowds. Anyone have any insight!

Thanks

Upvote 0

jmicro59

My DD and I were there this past October. The 5th thru the 10th and it was fantastic. MK was not crowded at all no ride lines over 20 minutes. The crowds picked up a bit over the weekend but the MNSSHP took care of that. Having the extra time with a limited number of people in the park was great. We are planning on going this October too.:)

Upvote 0

MissM

I did Halloween night last year. (My first MNSSHP!) It was awesome. I didn't find it overcrowded at all. Yes, it's busy, but no busier then an average busy day at the park. You don't really have long waits for anything and you can ride everything without any real problem.

Did I mention I literally left with 24 pounds of candy? By the end of the night they were filling every single thing you had that could hold candy - backpacks, shopping bags, you name it.

Here's my photos and videos if you're intersted:
http://www.disney.giveneyestosee.com/mnsshp05.html

I had a LOT of fun. And you can go in at 4pm and have two hours to wander around the park riding rides before the party even starts.
-m

ps: Dress up! Almost everyone does - adults included! - and it really makes it more fun.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
MNSSHP runs all of October and sometimes a date or two at the end of September, usually Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.

As for ejkanter, you will be there for the busiest days, so if you are going, do purchase your tickets early and enjoy the events but expect it to be crowded.

For those going earlier in the month, I find Tuesdays and Thursdays great, with the smallest crowds and a great opportunity to do everything. Even on those days, I wait for the second parade which is not crowded at all. If you are after rides, most are very short waits at this time. Oh, and candy take (if you are so inclined), can be obsene!

Upvote 0

MissM

Well no, not every night. Last year it was around 15 nights (up from 13 nights the year before.) It's never a Saturday night for example, but it will be a Friday or a Sunday night. The nights normall start the last day or two of September (pending on how the days fall) and run through the last day which is Oct 31st.
-m

Upvote 0

disneypearl

When do they start selling tickets? I have never been to MNSSHP before and am going this year. It sounds so fun! Better start thinking about my costume!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I think its around May/June when dates are announced and tickets go on sale.

If you are not particular as to what dates, some AP dates are offered at a slight discount.

As far as costumes....I would suggest think lightweight. I saw some poor sould in full tigger and eyore costumes in early october who were in a pool of sweat before they entered the park!

Upvote 0

mcjih5

MissM said:
I did Halloween night last year. (My first MNSSHP!) It was awesome. I didn't find it overcrowded at all. Yes, it's busy, but no busier then an average busy day at the park. You don't really have long waits for anything and you can ride everything without any real problem.

Did I mention I literally left with 24 pounds of candy? By the end of the night they were filling every single thing you had that could hold candy - backpacks, shopping bags, you name it.

I had a LOT of fun. And you can go in at 4pm and have two hours to wander around the park riding rides before the party even starts.
-m

ps: Dress up! Almost everyone does - adults included! - and it really makes it more fun.
Can you give me a better description of Halloween season at wdw? This is the first time I've been in 25 years--but whose counting-right? I'm traveling with kids 16 to 3 (x5) along with my parents-- what's the experience like-is it worth the extra money? Do you pay park and party admission separately? How does that work? We are coming from KC MO area---very new experience and once in a lifetime-- how do I mmaximize it? Thanks Lynn

Upvote 0

MissM

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is a seperate, "hard ticket" event. Meaning a regular day's admission is NOT valid for entry. You order your tickets in advance through WDW (because all Friday nights as well as Halloween sells out for sure and many other nights will come close.) Your MNSSHP ticket gives you entry starting at 4pm to MK. This is two hours of "normal" park operations and time to ride some rides, eat or do whatever you want to do before the specific party events start. The park closes to the general public at 6pm and people who have tickets to that night's party are given wristbands and normally herded into one land while they get the rest of the day guests out. At 7pm, the party officially starts and runs through midnight.

They set up trick-or-treat candy stations throughout the park. Everyone - grownups, kids, teens, grandmothers - get a little bag and are invited to go to all the stations as many times as they want throughout the night to get candy. All guests are also welcome to dress up in costume. (Though, family friendly and nothing too scary or offensive. Afterall, this IS Disney!) The closer you get to Halloween itself, the more adults you'll see in costume. I went on Halloween last year and 99% of every person there - kids and adults - were in some kind of Halloween costume or clothing.

They have a special Halloween Parade, special version of Wishes called, "Happy Hallow-Wishes" and characters "dress up" in special costumes throughout the park.

Here's some general info: http://allearsnet.com/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

And here are reviews from last year: http://allearsnet.com/tp/mk/mnssh5.htm

And in case you missed it, here are my photos and some videos from last year's party on Halloween night: http://www.disney.giveneyestosee.com/mnsshp05.html

The park is lit up in Halloween lights, they have ghosts projected on the buildings on Main street and they have banners and themed decorations around the park.

It is a LOT of fun.

-m

Upvote 0

Foolish Mortal

MissM said:

-m

Thanks for sharing your photos and video :wave: Can't wait to see it for myself.

Upvote 0

pixiegal

Oh I loved your photos! I should put ours up from last year. We have been to MNSSHP the first weekend it opens for the past two years and plan on going again at that same time this year. THis is by far our favorite time of year and so this party seems to just be the highlight. The crowds do tend to thin out after the parade and the wait for rides is minimal. The best thing by far is to take the time to check out all the subtle decorations and extras they put into that night. The one thing we missed doing last year was taking a picture in the doom buggy. Believe me, we won't miss that opportunity this year!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

DanStat

There's a few pictures on my site from MNSSHP. Check my signature.

We didn't think it was too crowded. We walked on most rides and got the spot we wanted for the parade. The fireworks were so good! Also, get your free picture made! Lots of candy as well.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom