Crowd Levels and Temperature in May

vin2105

Original Poster
Hello from the UK

I'm sure these kind of posts are posted all the time, but we are going to travelling to Orlando for the middle 2 weeks of May. Just wanted to know what sort of weather and crowd levels to expect. I have only ever normally been in the 'winter' months, November, December and January.

Apologies if this has been repeated!

SJH'72

Also from the UK.....We went from 15th May for 2 weeks back in 2014 and the temps were pretty hot and humid already by then but not horrific like the summer can be....I did July once before, never again. We have also just been this past Oct and the temps were much more manageable than our May trip.

Crowds in May were changeable though. I think Memorial weekend is late May (?) and the parks were rammed then. We were also there as 7DMT opened. Doesn’t Toy Story land open around then possibly?

But one of our weeks was wonderfully quiet and the other one perfectly manageable with FP and usual plans.

But as everyone else will no doubt say it’s definitely seeming that always busy is the new norm.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Warm?! It's hot and humid - think upper 80s...and rain. As long as you visit before public schools in the US get out for summer, the crowds shouldn't be too terribly bad. Just avoid Memorial Day weekend (last Monday in May) - the start of the summer for many.

JIMINYCR

We are going the first 2 weeks of May and have been there before for the F&G festival. Youll be good hitting the middle 2 weeks, Memorial weekend and moving forward brings in more crowded conditions. The temps range from high 80s to mid 60s. With the F&G festival going on the locals will be hitting EP more on the weekends, so that will push up the crowds. Crowd calendars for that time period will show light to moderate numbers. Since youve never been to WDW in May, youll be awed by the brilliance of colors and the beauty of EP.

Captain Barbossa

I've been twice in mid May. Great time to go!! Like some of the posters above have said, if you can beat the public school kids, crowds are not too bad (colleges will be out though). In terms of the weather, it will be warm (it's Florida) but we're not talking about 90 degrees. When we've gone in mid May, temps were in the lower to mid 70s. We may have had one or two days with 80+. There will be a chance of rain (once again it's Florida) but we've only experienced one 20 min pop-up shower in mid May (I know we've been lucky). But overall mid May is a great time to go!! If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask me!!

John park hopper

This past may we were there the first week and the weather was fantastic. Crowds during the week were light, wait times did not exceed 30 min. Saturday and Sunday the crowds were heavy but not unbearable. When we were there a cool front came through on Mondy and temps were in the low 50's at night and 70's during the day. By Friday temps were in the 80's low humidity which made it great.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
This past may we were there the first week and the weather was fantastic. Crowds during the week were light, wait times did not exceed 30 min. Saturday and Sunday the crowds were heavy but not unbearable. When we were there a cool front came through on Mondy and temps were in the low 50's at night and 70's during the day. By Friday temps were in the 80's low humidity which made it great.

We, sadly, have never visited in May with nice weather like that.

Herdman

average highs should be in the mid to upper 80's and the humidity of summer shouldn't have kicked in full bore yet. May is actually one of the middle of the pack months on average rainfall in Florida. June - September are the really rainy months. There are no true "off seasons" anymore so have a plan before you go, and you'll be fine with the crowds.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Based upon trips I've taken in May (for approx. the past 15 years or so), the temperature range fluctuated. Probably the average is in the mid-80s to low 90s, but I also experienced one trip when it was close to 100 for a few days. Humidity levels are also variable.

Texas84

May is my new favorite time to go. Flower and Garden is on, crowds are not bad, and weather is good. Crowds are lower because you are between spring break and summer break. As for the weather, my experience has been that it gets unbearable around 3 or 4 PM then it starts to get nice again. So plan an afternoon break.

OneofThree

May is a mixed bag here in Florida. Sometimes you'll get milder weather in the mid-80's, but we also get temps in the upper 90's on occasion (I've seen 100 degrees here in North Florida that time of year, btw). At the end of the day, it makes planning around spring weather very unreliable. May (before school lets out) is a pretty nice time to go IMO, all things considered.

Chicagoshannon2

It will be hot but not too humid yet. Also, pack for rain cause that might happen. A few years ago we were there and it rained all day every day for a week. Most May's we've gone have been absolutely beautiful though. It feels so good to be out in the sunshine after a long winter.

correcaminos

We've done May a lot and temperatures do fluctuate a lot. Some years we've had mid 80s and not humid. Others it's been worse than summer. It likely will not be chilly though - I think the lowest I had was upper 70s.

Crowds are low for Disney standards now. Mother's Day in the US brings more crowds that weekend. In general most schools are in session (save colleges, they get out early-mid May) until just before Memorial Day in the US. After that it slowly starts to change until the mid-end of June. I wouldn't say it's super low but it's not really bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom