Crowd Calendar Red vs. Green

WDW_Firefighter

We are planning a trip the first week of March, 2018. We usually take advantage of Morning EMH's and get a lot done in that first hour. However, this usually makes the park a "red" park on the crowd calendars.

My question is, should we forgo the morning EMH's in exchange for "green" parks? Are the crowd levels that different between red and green?

I know the crowd calendars are speculation. Just wanted to get some other opinions. What do you do when staying on site? Take advantage of EMH's or go to "green" parks?

Minnie Mum

We are planning a trip the first week of March, 2018. We usually take advantage of Morning EMH's and get a lot done in that first hour. However, this usually makes the park a "red" park on the crowd calendars.

My question is, should we forgo the morning EMH's in exchange for "green" parks? Are the crowd levels that different between red and green?

I know the crowd calendars are speculation. Just wanted to get some other opinions. What do you do when staying on site? Take advantage of EMH's or go to "green" parks?

Depends on whether or not we have hoppers. We've found that the EMH park tends to be more crowded (that's why it's red). So we either avoid it that day, or if we have hoppers, we hop to another park by mid to late morning

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I know that some of "those experts" say avoid any parks offering EMH because of an increase in crowds and recommend going the next day to those parks. But weve always had very good success getting up early and taking advantage of them. We always seem to get a lot of the favorite attractions out of the way early with very little waits. You still need to have a good plan in place to follow. But I have to say my favorite is the evening EMH's because a lot of guests dont stay as late as the offered hours and after some time the parks get quieter as kids and parents start heading back to the resorts. Sometimes I am more tired the next day but its worth it.

Upvote 0

Pixieish

I know that some of "those experts" say avoid any parks offering EMH because of an increase in crowds and recommend going the next day to those parks. But weve always had very good success getting up early and taking advantage of them. We always seem to get a lot of the favorite attractions out of the way early with very little waits. You still need to have a good plan in place to follow. But I have to say my favorite is the evening EMH's because a lot of guests dont stay as late as the offered hours and after some time the parks get quieter as kids and parents start heading back to the resorts. Sometimes I am more tired the next day but its worth it.

With EMH - especially at MK - we tend to take advantage of the early start, get as many rides done by 10-10:30-ish as we can, schedule our Fastpasses to begin at 10:30-11-ish and have them as back-to-back as possible. When we're done with our fastpasses, we can either stay in MK or hop to another park, or go back to the pool...whatever our hearts desire. :) So far that kind of plan has worked beautifully for us.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

As others said, if we have hoppers, we often spend the morning at the EMH park, and then hop elsewhere after our afternoon "nap/swim" break. If we don't have hoppers, we typically avoid the EMH morning park.

However, keep in mind that a good touring plan, wise use of FP+, and a pre-rope drop arrival will have far more influence on your day's wait times than a slight increase or decrease in crowd level, so if there's a park you want to visit on a certain day, never let a "red" label or a "this park will be 6/10 crowd level that day while the other parks are 4/10" keep you from doing so.

Upvote 0

Cameron1529

My advice is avoid EMH in the morning, they tend to be chaotic and far too crowed. Comparatively EMH at night are much more effective, as everyone is already in the park and those not receiving EMH slowly disperse out. However it greatly depends on a plethora of variables (ie weather etc.). The crowd calendars are also heavily reliant on previous data and may not always be 100% accurate.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom