Crocs

Tinkrbell

Original Poster
I'm planning on wearing my crocs while I'm at WDW in October. I have 2 pairs of them, one with the holes & one with the closed toe. I practically live in both pairs. Does anyone have any advice as to which pair I would be better off taking with me? Also, I have been wearing socks with them lately because it's been so cold here. Do you usually wear socks with them at WDW?

Cole'sMom

I wore crocs last September without socks. I have the ones with the holes that I also wear to work-I am on my feet 10 hours/day. I didn't have one problem while on vacation. In fact, I decided to wear socks and tennies one day and we had to go back to the resort to change into my crocs! They were great if they got wet, too. Whether you wear socks or not is personal preference-I never wear socks with them outside, esp. in FL! You won't regret taking them. Have a great trip!! ETA: Oct in FL is still pretty warm so you may not need socks with them, if you were concerned about your feet getting cold.

miles1

Just a word of caution. My wife wore crocks for nearly our entire trip last August. Her feet felt great, but some of the surfaces in the parks and particularly at Pleasure Island were extremely slippery when wet. The rest of us had no problem, so it must be something about the material the croks are made of. We saw one poor guy that had fallen on a walkway by the stage near Raglan Rd and was very banged up. Thankfully, he warned my wife when he saw her coming and she hung onto my arm. She couldn't believe how slick it was.

tinkersmom96

My first post! Just a reminder to take an alternate pair of shoes in case you need them. I wore my crocs on our first day last Dec and I got huge blisters on one foot. I don't understand why, I had been wearing them a few months off and on, loved them, no problem. I had planned on them being my main source of shoe wear for the parks, and I couldn't wear them. I even gave it a few days and tried them again and ended up with more blisters. My DH had no problem with his crocs though. Guess my feet were too tender:shrug:

Tinkrbell

Original Poster
Thanks for everyone's advice. Has anyone ever worn the closed to ones at WDW because the last time I was there, I didn't see anyone wearing them, just the kind with the holes in them.

farmgirl

we have gone for a couple years now and I wore running shoes and socks but this last year we went for 12 days and the differance was I had trouble with blisters. right from the second day. It was terrible I looked everywhere for crocs at wdw and found none. I wish I had packed mine. I seen alot of people wearing them. I wear them at come all year long but was wondering if anyone got hotspots on the feet while wearing their crocs in wdw.

Cole'sMom

Farmgirl--I wear mine at home with socks due to work. At WDW, I didn't have one problem or blister-my feet had room to move and breathe. I honestly felt like I was wearing slippers. It was one of the best moves I have made as far as footwear goes. My feet didn't feel like they were slipping around-I had room, but not bad room. My feet stayed cool and dry. Hope that helps!

Jekyll_Baker

To iheartdisney91, Crocs are sandal/clog like shoes usually with holes on the sides and tops, made of a foam-like PVC-like material. You've probably seen people wearing them and not known what they were called - they come in many bright colors (aka garish). Take a look at www.crocs.com

I wear the closed toe clog-style at work and I have another pair with the holes, but in a boat shoe style (has a leather upper and looks more like a regular shoe). I wear them both with shoes, because I can't stand to wear shoes without socks. In fact, I haven't even worn my Reeboks since I gotten my Crocs. As far as the topic on hand, I've worn the boat shoe style all over WDW and my feet were fine.

iheartdisney91

To iheartdisney91, Crocs are sandal/clog like shoes usually with holes on the sides and tops, made of a foam-like PVC-like material. You've probably seen people wearing them and not known what they were called - they come in many bright colors (aka garish). Take a look at www.crocs.com

I wear the closed toe clog-style at work and I have another pair with the holes, but in a boat shoe style (has a leather upper and looks more like a regular shoe). I wear them both with shoes, because I can't stand to wear shoes without socks. In fact, I haven't even worn my Reeboks since I gotten my Crocs. As far as the topic on hand, I've worn the boat shoe style all over WDW and my feet were fine.

thanks for the info! lol never new that they were comfy haha i shouldnt be talking thoguh i wear converse high tops lol guess they cought on too

farmgirl

Farmgirl--I wear mine at home with socks due to work. At WDW, I didn't have one problem or blister-my feet had room to move and breathe. I honestly felt like I was wearing slippers. It was one of the best moves I have made as far as footwear goes. My feet didn't feel like they were slipping around-I had room, but not bad room. My feet stayed cool and dry. Hope that helps!

Thanks Cole's Mom I am glad to hear it. The crocs really help my heel spur too so I will definatly be packing them in my suitcase. Thanks again

DisneyMarg

I first heard about Crocs on this very board about two years ago, and got my first pair for my birthday that year. Now, 5 pairs later, I'm the Crocs queen. They are completely comfortable. I have both closed and open ones, and, although I've never worn the closed ones to Disney, I think they'd be fine.

A word of warning to those trying them out... go with the original Crocs. The knockoffs at the discount store are not nearly as comfortable. The originals seem pricey but are so worth it. I do have a pair from LL Bean, and they are as comfortable as Crocs although I don't like the strap as well. (It snaps off too easily and I accidently unsnap it just by walking fast.)

As for socks, I do have a funny story about my newest pair - closed (no holes) black ones (for work travel). When I first got them, I could take 5 steps and the sock on my left foot would twist around and end up with the heel on top. It was just that foot and happened with any socks. I solved it with an insole. I guess those little nubs inside just somehow "screwed" my sock around!

2excitedkids

we recently went to disney in feb of this year. my hubby and i have never owned a pair of crocs. after seeing all of the hype about them on this site we decided to get a pair. now mind you my hubby is a truck driver that always wears his cowboy boots but does have a backup pair of tennis shoes for other times. he decided he was going to buy a pair and not care of what he looked like for once, big guy, 6 feet 3, 280 pounds. he found a new style for men that had laces on them and were black and brown, looked kind of like a loafer. after wearing them for 3 days he decided to wear his tennis shoes and his feet killed him, back to the crocs he went! i normally hurt in my lower back after standing for a while, but my lower back never hurt me. the only time we both could say that our feet hurt was when we stood still for a long time, as long as we were walking we were fine. we went to disney for 8 days, and safe to say we are definitely crocs fans! my hubby won't be caught dead in them around here, but as far as vacations go, he said his crocs are coming with him

cptwife80

I keep seeing them everywhere at work... all my nurse friends love em. even had one girl ask for my size as she wanted to buy me some. I've been wanting some for such a long long time but I have a family curse! I am a 5'9'' girl who has a size 12 foot!!! I guess it could be worse I have an aunt with a size 14 womens. I just wish crocs would make them that big for me so I don't have to wear the bulky mens styles.

:cry:

SGT623

Don't forget to decorate your crocs with official Disney croc charms. Now available in serval WDW stores. Many to choose from. :)

Cole'sMom

Thanks for mentioning to get the originals, Marg! The knockoffs are hard and don't last as long. With Crocs, you get the comfort you are supposed to have.

2excitedkids--The exact thing happened to me. I tried my tennies and socks one day and had to go back to the resort to change. My feet were screaming!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom