Crocs with socks?

kverdon

Hi all,

My wife absolutely loves her Crocs and plans to where them to WDW in 3 weeks :sohappy: :sohappy: . The only problem is that they wear on the top of her foot on long walks. We were wondering if anyone wears socks with their crocs (this is starting to sound like Dr. Seuss.. :p ) and if so what type of socks you wear.

thanks,

Kevin and Mona

tigsmom

The only time I have heard of "wear" (you mean rubbing, right) on the foot is when they are not fitted correctly. They should be loose and the sides of your feet and toes should not touch the shoe's edges. Croc's do not fit like normal shoes.

Many people wear socks with them at work (like in hospitals), but I used mine for days in WDW without socks and never had a problem. I never wear socks with mine, but that may have to change when the cold weather comes. :lol:

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I work at a hospital and see a lot of nurses and others who are on their feet all day wearing socks with Crocs.

However, outside the hospital, the only people I see wearing socks and crocs or sandals are University Of Florida fans! Oh... they also wear denim shorts with them!

GO DAWGS!

Seriously, who cares. You're at a tourist place where you will most likely never see anyone outside of your group again in your lifetime. Do what you have to do to stay comfotable! Being on your feet all day can kill a person, so tell her to be comfy while enjoying the world!

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Jekyll_Baker

I wear socks with my Crocs all the time - I hate wearing any shoe without socks. At work, I wear the "Endeavor" style (Caymans without the holes), and I also have a pair of "Islander" style, which looks like a traditional deck shoe with a leather upper and (largely non-functional) laces.

Upvote 0

awalkinthepark

I wear socks with my caymans if I am going to be walking a lot. I wear thin ankle socks...not too heavy ...not too high and offer enough of a barrier so blisters don't form. I have wide feet...but the tops of my feet are higher than normal....they aren't fat feet...just thick..I know they are oh so sexy in an ugly stepsister kind of way...the crocs have stretched out a bit for me with daily wear...but I still wouldn't trust them over the course of several days walking around the world.

Upvote 0

Goaliemom

Up here in Canada we have been wearing socks with our crocs for a few years now. We all wore socks last year at Disney the whole time, sometimes it is more comfortable. Due to the cold I wear socks more than not in my crocs.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Once again it has fallen upon me to take the side of reason for the better good of the human race! :lol:

So....with all due respect, and with a little help from an old friend:

Would you wear socks
with your CROCS?

Would you wear them
with a fox?

I would not, could not, in a box.
I could not, would not, with a fox.
I will not wear them with a mouse.
I will not wear them in a house.
I will not wear them here or there.
I will not wear them anywhere.

NONE SHALL WEAR SOCKS WITH THEIR CROCS!!!

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Aw, heck....wear what ya want! You're on vacation!!!

HAVE FUN!!!

:wave:

Upvote 0

stalkingmickey

Once again it has fallen upon me to take the side of reason for the better good of the human race! :lol:

So....with all due respect, and with a little help from an old friend:

Would you wear socks
with your CROCS?

Would you wear them
with a fox?

I would not, could not, in a box.
I could not, would not, with a fox.
I will not wear them with a mouse.
I will not wear them in a house.
I will not wear them here or there.
I will not wear them anywhere.

NONE SHALL WEAR SOCKS WITH THEIR CROCS!!!

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Aw, heck....wear what ya want! You're on vacation!!!

HAVE FUN!!!

:wave:

LOL Perfect:ROFLOL: :sohappy: :ROFLOL: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

mousebymarriage

I wear my crocs with and without socks. I love my Disney crocs(I have 4 pair) and 3 pair of non-disney crocs. Some people say they are ugly but, they are soooooo comfortable. When I wear socks I always wear the low-cut/no show white ones. The brand is nononsense.

Upvote 0

kverdon

Original Poster
ROFL!!!! :ROFLOL: (what have I started?...) Thansk all for the responses, especially for the nod to our "old friend" :animwink: The question was for comfort, not style, the crocs wear a bit on my wife's upper foot and was looking for an idea to cusion that. Ankle socks are a good idea, any other socks with crocs ideas :wave:

Kevin and Mona

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

I think I was experiencing the same thing as the OP's wife. My crocs were perfect except for rubbing on the top of my foot, right where the top of the shoe ended. I have some really thin, breathable, running/sport-style socks that I wore with them, and it helped tremendously. As far as how it looks? I don't really care. My motto has always been "function over form". The socks haven gotten a little colored where my feet had been rubbing, but I didn't find it to be a big deal.

Upvote 0

ann0d1

I work at a hospital and see a lot of nurses and others who are on their feet all day wearing socks with Crocs.

However, outside the hospital, the only people I see wearing socks and crocs or sandals are University Of Florida fans! Oh... they also wear denim shorts with them!

GO DAWGS!

Seriously, who cares. You're at a tourist place where you will most likely never see anyone outside of your group again in your lifetime. Do what you have to do to stay comfotable! Being on your feet all day can kill a person, so tell her to be comfy while enjoying the world!

Have fun!

Totally agree, I don't w ear them with socks, but I might when I go down there, just for the comfy factor!

Upvote 0

boldlyreal

I wear socks with mine, all the time. Try the hidden socks, the ones that are like footies. I like the ones that are made out of bamboo. They also make a half sock that comes up to the instep. BTW I bought new crocs for our trip in Sept with jibbits to boot and I wore them yesterday to work with socks and capri pants of course. :lol:

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

I wear low no show socks with my crocs. If you are wearing the strap around the back of your foot, the sock is covered mostly by the strap.

I wear socks at times and other times no socks. In Disney definitely socks, keeps your feet from sweating or feet slidding should your feet be wet.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom