Croc Flip Flops Anyone?

PixiePrincess

As all we Disney lovers know, good waking shoes are needed! I do not like wearing socks and sneakers, but I love flip flops, I live in them. I recently came across Croc flip flops and I was wondering if anyone has used them? I know the Croc clogs are popular, but they don't appeal to me. If anyone has anyone reviews, I would love to hear it, thanks!

tigger_rox00

I sell shoes for a very notable retailer, maybe I can help. They will definitely provide you with comfort, but they really don't offer much in the way of support. Support is what keeps your feet from hurting after wearing them all day. If you can do a lot of walking without your feet hurting, then they should be fine. If you need support, then go with some Reefs or some Rainbow flip flops.

Upvote 0

PixiePrincess

Original Poster
tigger_rox00 said:
I sell shoes for a very notable retailer, maybe I can help. They will definitely provide you with comfort, but they really don't offer much in the way of support. Support is what keeps your feet from hurting after wearing them all day. If you can do a lot of walking without your feet hurting, then they should be fine. If you need support, then go with some Reefs or some Rainbow flip flops.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

tigger_rox00

You're welcome. Most foot problems can be prevented if people knew that there is a difference between comfort and support. BTW...Merrell makes some comfortable flip flops too.

Upvote 0

sydsmom1997

Sorry to thread in a thread, but am new to message boards. Tigger, since you have a lot of knowledge in shoes, I was wondering if you could recommend a good pair of sandles for me? I have bad feet, and by day 3 at the world am usually bleeding and miserable. I've only ever done sneakers and socks, but that doesn't help. My feet get too hot and sweaty. I would like something breathable but with some support. I thought maybe a pair of action sandles might do the trick. Any suggestions? By the way, I hate things in between my toes. I would appreciate any advice from anyone that has experience in this matter. Thanks.:wave:

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

sydsmom1997 said:
Sorry to thread in a thread, but am new to message boards. Tigger, since you have a lot of knowledge in shoes, I was wondering if you could recommend a good pair of sandles for me? I have bad feet, and by day 3 at the world am usually bleeding and miserable. I've only ever done sneakers and socks, but that doesn't help. My feet get too hot and sweaty. I would like something breathable but with some support. I thought maybe a pair of action sandles might do the trick. Any suggestions? By the way, I hate things in between my toes. I would appreciate any advice from anyone that has experience in this matter. Thanks.:wave:
I can't suggest any shoes, but something that may help you is a tip that I tried and found it works wonderfully.

Buy a can of the spray anti-perspirant / deo and spray your feet before you put on your shoes and socks. I found that it kept my feet from sweating and never had a blister problem since. We usually go back to the room in the afternoons for a break and I would take my shoes/socks off during our break and then re-spray before we left.

Seems like a crazy idea, but it worked for my wife and I. :wave:

Upvote 0

TinkerBelle8878

I also have problem feet and I love Tevas Mush flipflops. I recently converted my dad to them after years of wearing those 'Dad' type deck shoes. Teva's other more supportive sandals are good too (plus they're made with odor eater soles :D). I just don't know the exact model name of them.

Plus the flipflops have some really pretty designs (well for flip flops ;)). My new personal fave is the Jetson Peach.

Upvote 0

macsmom

Sydsmom1997 - you might want to try a pair of diabetic socks. They say that they help in the circulation of the air (how, I have no idea) around your feet, so they might make you a little more comfortable. They are found in the sock aisle with regular socks.

danna

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

Croc flip flops rule -- I have two pairs cause I love the comfort and color -- I have not yet worn them to WDW, but wore them for a day at Cedar Point last week and my feet felt amazingly comfy on the drive home, something I can not say about any other shoes at the end of the day. The only other flip flops that I wear all the time and feel fantastic after a day at WDW are Teva's...the material strap is more comfortable than those cheap thin rubber flip flop straps - and they keep the flip flops closer to your feet without flopping around and causing blisters. Love them...but I have to say - the crocs are amazingly comfortable and I do plan on using them next trip to WDW.

Upvote 0

Miss Bell

I can't tell you how many of these croc flip-flops we saw on people at WDW in June. It was like a new phenomenon, but they looked really uncomfortable to me. And I saw some huge cuts from them on the feet of a child who took them off on the bus.

Usually I go the good tennis shoe route, but I did try a few days this past trip in a pair of "athletic flip-flops." My feet were a lot cooler and didn't feel quite so abused.

Upvote 0

tink1019

I have massive heel problems and lots of exercise and walking cause me to practically be crippled after resting even a few minutes. I have been wearing croc flip flops for the past two months and have had a great deal of relief from my heel spur. I can't stand to wear athletic shoes and socks all the time, especially when it is hot. The Croc's have a great deal of cushioning and mine have an appropriate amount of arch support for me. (better than any other sandal I have tried) I have paid large sums of money for sandals to help this problem and have had no relief until now. My doctor further stated that if I was going to be on my feet for the entire day to tape my arch supports with athletic tape. It works great! I even carry a roll of tape with me at all times. My mother who is diabetic is wearing them and find them as good or better than the shoes prescribed to her to help with her feet problems. I wore them to Disney recently and had not problems at all. I highly recommend them!

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

I am taking chemistry classes this summer and am spending several hours in the lab each week doing experiments. It's a lot of standing and I was considering getting a pair of Crocs to help save my feet. I ended up ordering a pair last month. I got the closed-toed version because closed-toed shoes are required in case of any spills in the lab.

I first wore them bare-footed. Since they are closed, there is no air circulation, and some moisture built up. I got a couple of small blisters on the inside of my foot, but that was after wearing them all day for a week and a half. I have since started wearing them with some super thin running socks and have had no problems. They are SUPER comfortable and offer great support. I wear them all the time and everywhere. The other day I put on my old tennis shoes and thought, "Man, how did I ever survive in these?". The Crocs treat my feet like royalty.

If you're thinking about getting a pair, I'd recommend getting them from Zappos.com. They have free shipping and will also pay shipping if you want to return the shoes. That's where I got mine.

Upvote 0

LilDucky

Miss Bell said:
I can't tell you how many of these croc flip-flops we saw on people at WDW in June. It was like a new phenomenon, but they looked really uncomfortable to me. And I saw some huge cuts from them on the feet of a child who took them off on the bus.

Usually I go the good tennis shoe route, but I did try a few days this past trip in a pair of "athletic flip-flops." My feet were a lot cooler and didn't feel quite so abused.
I wonder how the crocs cut the foot? Is that possible? They're super soft, so I'm thinking that they mustve been knock-offs. I've heard those are horrible. I've worn mine everyday since I bought them (3 months ago), and I wore them to DL and USH, and they feel great.

I dont know how the flip flops are in comparison to the clogs, but if they're anything like them, buy them! I know the clogs are fugly as sin, but they're super comfortable, and they mold to your feet.

SpenceMan01 said:
The other day I put on my old tennis shoes and thought, "Man, how did I ever survive in these?". The Crocs treat my feet like royalty.
Same thing happened to me! My feet hurt so bad, and I used to consider them super comfortable worn in sneaks (New Balances)!

Upvote 0

Tanis

First thing first,

There are many great shoes out there that look like Crocs but are not.

In a party of 4 adults and 1 child this May in Walt Disney World, I can say this entire group are believers in the Secret Order of the Crocs.

My Sister, her Husband, my girlfriend, myself and my 3 year old niece all wore Crocs.

They are the most comfortable shoes hands down, but you need to make sure you wear them the way Crocs says too, and not how you would wear your old regular shoes. We all wore Crocs evert day in the Parks from 8am to well after midnight each night, walking everywhere. These shoes hands down are the best to wear in the Park.

After we got back to Ohio, my girlfriends Mom also started wearing Crocs to her work she cuts hair and is on her feet 8 to 12 hours a day. She swears by her Crocs, and is ordering another pair along with non summer ones she can wear during Winter.

You need to buy Crocs either at a Licensed Dealer in your area or from www.crocs.com

You will see even though alot of shoes look like Crocs they are not Crocs and do not even come close in the comfort catergory for your feet.

Long Live the Crocs.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom