Critique my april trip plans so far

It will be dh, myself and the 3ds at the swan from april 6-14. We have seen everything but wishes and philharmagic. We have never been there this time of year and I am a little concerned about the crowds. Tried to get the poly or contemp, no luck. Tried to get chef mickeys, no luck (Rob, really wanted you to take our pix), tried to get fantasmic pkg. no luck) Gee. So here it is so far:
4-6- Flight at 7:05 am, check into swan by 11 am likely. This already is a problem. Its our family tradition to go to chef mickeys for dinner. I am wondering if we try a walk up at 5 pm will they take us, my other alternatives are kona for dh and myself with a ps and the ds at captain cooks. Maybe a mouseboat rental and spectro and wishes. My goal is to see all major shows before easter.
4-7 Blizzard beach, then we must gt back to Crystal Palace for 4:30 dinner, will do rides if we did not do shows day before.
4-8 MK ee and lunch at Crystal Palace , then
DQ at night for the DS
4-9 AK ee, lunch at rainforest, maybe trails end for dinner and fantasmic
4-10 MGM ee, need a dinner plan and maybe illuminations with akershus for dh and I, ds like liberty/american place
4-11 Easter, I was thinking trails end for breakfast and maybe epcot, stay away from MK at all costs and dinner at Hollywood and Vine, she took my cc because it was a holiday but it is not the fantasmic pkg, just dinner only. I would rather go to a 2nd show since the line will be less. The dinner is early
4-12 Universal and see what time we get back
4-13 Maybe typhoon lagoon and then dq for the ds at night, dh and I at cape may. Somewhere we have to find time to go to the swan grotto pool. We have done plans like this in aug, but is this too much to expect to get done with the holiday crowds, is it doable or will the crowds cut down on ride times etc.

crazydaveh

Sounds like a hectic week! I know last year, it was nuts around the Disney and Universal parks!

If you go to the waterparks, remember, a lot of people from the north are here, and they normally go swimming... Get there early. I remember they have closed the gates in the past 2 years during the spring break season. Be prepared to spend the trip with tens of thousands of your new vacation buddies!

Try Chef Mickeys at 5! What do you have to loose?

Sounds like you have it all planned out, have fun!

Upvote 0

SpongeScott

my advice is to be flexible--don't plan every waking moment because things will not always go as scripted. It's a vacation--sit back, enjoy, relax, have a plan of action, but don't be afraid to deviate and/or be spontaneous.

Upvote 0

GenerationX

Looks like a fabulous week to me, marypopmom! As a planning nut, the only thing I would change is to swap DQ on 4/8 with AK on 4/9. You'd miss the EE for AK on 4/9, but it would give you an "easy" day in the middle of the trip. Also, DQ doesn't open until later in the morning and is pretty empty that early in the day.

Have a great time! :wave: :wave:

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

I'm with Scott on this. Dont try to overthink/overplan things. There's now way to do everything without spending a month at WDW. Spontaneity is the key, IMO, especially with the erratic florida weather.

Might wanna scale back a bit, depending on how many people you have in tow....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom