Critical Drinking

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
Top 3. (Please limit to 3 honorable mentions - okay maybe 4) - What are your "Go To's"?

Honorable Mention - Rum Dole Whip (Animal Kingdom)
Honorable Mention - Frozen Coke and Bourbon (Various Locations)
Honorable Mention (tie) - Frozen Kirin (Japan Pavilion and Disney Springs) / Guinness (Rose and Crown/Raglan and a few other joints)

3. Lapu Lapu (Polynesian)
2. Monkey 47 and Tonic (Various Places - But it tastes better at Dahlia's at CSR)
1. Macallan 18 (Rose and Crown)

Last edited:

Martha46

Top 3. (Please limit to 3 honorable mentions - okay maybe 4) - What are your "Go To's"?

Honorable Mention - Rum Dole Whip (Animal Kingdom)
Honorable Mention - Frozen Coke and Bourbon (Various Locations)
Honorable Mention (tie) - Frozen Kirin (Japan Pavilion and Disney Springs) / Guinness (Rose and Crown/Raglan and a few other joints)

3. Lapu Lapu (Polynesian)
2. Monkey 47 and Tonic (Various Places - But it tastes better at Dahlia's at CSR)
1. Macallan 18 (Rose and Crown)
1. Zooberry at Blue Zoo

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just no -one of the most overrated drams out there. It's very, very good. But so is the 12, at a fraction of the price. Diminishing returns like no other.

For some reason I don't like the 12 (maybe like isn't the right word. Prefer the 18 to the 12). I Like the Balvenie 12, even a Glenrothes both better than a Macallan 12. Don't know why. Every once in a while I'll go full blown Hunter S. Thompson and go Chivas on a 12.

Last edited:

OneofThree

For some reason I don't like the 12. Like the Balvenie 12, even a Glenrothes both better than a Macallan 12.

TBH, I'm not a huge fan of Speyside distilleries or the sherry bombs, though I can appreciate them. The Macallan is now 3 bills -crazy money for an 18, IMO. Gimmie the Highland Park 18 any day, for half the price. For the sherry profile -Aberlour A'bunadh, or Glendronach Allardice (because its stock is still pre-mothball). It's not that I'm a Macallan hater (even though their recent advertising campaign is total BS -see below), but the markup is insane and unjustifiable, IMO. The only Balvenie I've tried thus far is the rum-finished 14, which I did not care for. The Peat Weak however, is my short list as the Islay profile is generally what I prefer.

:hilarious:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
TBH, I'm not a huge fan of Speyside distilleries or the sherry bombs, though I can appreciate them.

:hilarious:

I am partial to Speyside. Probably why our tastes differ a bit. Highland is good. I've spent many an evening with a Dalmore.

If you ever see my "In the Parks" profile active - and you happen to be there. Give me a shout. We can go on a Whisky E-Ticket.

Tom P.

3. Hot Chocolate from the resort food court.
2. Coca-Cola from any fountain machine.
1. Vanilla Coke from any Coke Freestyle machine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom