Creepiest unused prop/effect hidden in a ride?

zipadee999

I was on FJ recently and the lights were a little brighter and I was able to see the abandoned dementors in all of their glory. To be completely honest given the movement of the vehicle it was actually a semi-convincing effect. They could easily just shine a light on them without actually activating them and the average park-goer wouldn’t know the difference!

Kara24601

Original Poster
I thought of another one. The Blue Fairy figure used at the end of Pinocchio's Daring Journey. We only see her appear and reappear through pepper's ghost effect but if you turn around in your seat, you can see the actual figure used, just silently watching from the dark

tumblr_nu7xsdZwPg1tp3h43o1_500.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

I remember when that thing worked. Kind of odd for them to just turn it off and get rid of the medusa story.
From what I read here most of the effects timing just couldn't sync correctly..

DisneyDreamer08

Little Caesar the ventriloquist dummy from TZ episode. He can be seen very briefly ( if you are lucky to catch it) at the end of the ToT ride in a corner of the basement as the elevator doors shut and open to let you out. He’s creepy sitting in the dark and I think about his episode and how he takes over his human counterpart.
Many years ago (2008/09 ish) I got super into the Twilight Zone and purposely rode ToT about 10 times on one trip to find all the different props. The ventriloquist dummy is still my fav.
IMG_8552.jpeg

DisneyFanatic12

The "incoming" Pterodactyl on Dinosaur that hasn't dive down to guest and just gets a very dim light And a sound effect..
I’ve ridden the ride again recently and like 1/2 the animatronics are static now… the “incoming” Pterodactyl is the most noticeable, with the other dinosaurs just looking like Disney didn’t want to pay for animatronics and put in statues. It’s sad to know how much of it used to move. It was scary once, now it is no longer.

Virtual Toad

(Speaking of dummies)... Slappy from the Adventurer's Club, once universally loved and revered, now abandoned and forlorn in a crate at Trader Sam's in CA. Creepy, funny and sad at the same time. Sad because the bartenders (at least when we were there) had no idea who he was, oblivious to the fact they were working there every day in the presence of royalty.

DSC_1590.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom