Credit Card charges using Genie+ with Friends

JohnD

Original Poster
That is absolutely not the case.

What ILL were you trying to purchase and at what time?
Are you staying onsite?
I am staying off-site and an AP. I guess it's tied to a park reservation. Was just going through the motions this morning. It told me I wasn't eligible.

nickys

Premium Member
I am staying off-site and an AP. I guess it's tied to a park reservation. Was just going through the motions this morning. It told me I wasn't eligible.
Yes, you would need valid ticket media, which I expect would include a park reservation as an AP holder.

JohnD

Original Poster
It is a good-to-go day today. Did you perhaps try to purchase it before the official park opening time?
Yes, but I also tried just after 7am but maybe I didn't refresh. I tried just now. Not surprisingly, ROTS is gone, but 7DMT was available for 9pm tonight. It showed me as eligible but not the rest of my party which again isn't surprising. They aren't eligible until March 11-13. I didn't purchase but just wanted to verify I was eligible which I am.

So to verify again for an upcoming trip -- I'm an AP holder going with a family of 3 who purchased the FR Disney Thrills 3-Day ticket. We all have park reservations for March 11-13:
1. They can purchase G+ for their family and I can purchase G+ for me then, as Family and Friends, I can make G+ selections for the 4 of us.
2. ILL has to be purchased by someone for the whole party to ensure everyone has the same time. (We can sort out reimbursement later). They can't purchase for the 3 of them and I purchase for me because we might end up with different times.

Correct?

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Yes, but I also tried just after 7am but maybe I didn't refresh. I tried just now. Not surprisingly, ROTS is gone, but 7DMT was available for 9pm tonight. It showed me as eligible but not the rest of my party which again isn't surprising. They aren't eligible until March 11-13. I didn't purchase but just wanted to verify I was eligible which I am.

So to verify again for an upcoming trip -- I'm an AP holder going with a family of 3 who purchased the FR Disney Thrills 3-Day ticket. We all have park reservations for March 11-13:
1. They can purchase G+ for their family and I can purchase G+ for me then, as Family and Friends, I can make G+ selections for the 4 of us.
2. ILL has to be purchased by someone for the whole party to ensure everyone has the same time. (We can sort out reimbursement later). They can't purchase for the 3 of them and I purchase for me because we might end up with different times.

Correct?
Firstly, if you’re staying offsite you can only book ILLs at the park opening time, not 7am.

For G+ and VQs, you will be able to book at 7am.

As for your specific questions:

1. Correct
2. You could each book separately, you can choose your time so could likely get a similar time (within 10-15 minutes) if you’re together at that point. But it would be easier for just one person to book for everyone.

JohnD

Original Poster
Firstly, if you’re staying offsite you can only book ILLs at the park opening time, not 7am.

For G+ and VQs, you will be able to book at 7am.

As for your specific questions:

1. Correct
2. You could each book separately, you can choose your time so could likely get a similar time (within 10-15 minutes) if you’re together at that point. But it would be easier for just one person to book for everyone.
Thanks. Regarding ILLs, that explains why my trial "run through" wouldn't work just after 7am. None of the parks had opened yet. So there's another perk for staying on-site. I'll highly recommend to the family we do rope drop or arrive as close to opening as possible to get the best times available for ILL, understanding that many will already be taken by those staying on-site. I know the husband really wants to ride ROTS.

Thank you for confirming #1. I think you answered #2. While we can book separately, its just easier for one to book for all 4 ILLs. We'll sort out amongst ourselves reimbursement items after the trip.

nickys

Premium Member
You don’t need to be at the park to book an ILL. But obviously rope dropping will help anyway.
When DHS opens you may well be able to still book an ILL for Rise.

JohnD

Original Poster
You don’t need to be at the park to book an ILL. But obviously rope dropping will help anyway.
When DHS opens you may well be able to still book an ILL for Rise.
So, we can book at park open but not be in the park, thanks. Yeah, I really want us to book Rise. We're also seeing Fantasmic and wouldn't be able to run over at park close.

Because I'm planning with them, I'm finding how hectic things are in just being able to go on trip.
1. Before 7am: Purchase G+ for the park we want (we don't have PHs)
2. 7am: Book VQ
3. 7am: Book first G+
4. Park open (we're off-site): Book ILL (HS: Rise, Ep: GOTG, MK: 7DMT or Tron)
5. 1pm: Book VQ if missed at 7am

I'm exhausted already and haven't even gone yet.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

I'll highly recommend to the family we do rope drop or arrive as close to opening as possible to get the best times available for ILL, understanding that many will already be taken by those staying on-site. I know the husband really wants to ride ROTS.
My brother (offsite) booked Rise of the Resistance exactly at 9 am a couple weeks ago.

His return window was 7:40-8:40 pm.

Just giving you a head’s up.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
So, we can book at park open but not be in the park, thanks. Yeah, I really want us to book Rise. We're also seeing Fantasmic and wouldn't be able to run over at park close.

Because I'm planning with them, I'm finding how hectic things are in just being able to go on trip.
1. Before 7am: Purchase G+ for the park we want (we don't have PHs)
2. 7am: Book VQ
3. 7am: Book first G+
4. Park open (we're off-site): Book ILL (HS: Rise, Ep: Rate or GOTG, MK: 7DMT)
5. 1pm: Book VQ if missed at 7am

I'm exhausted already and haven't even gone yet.
Small correction, there’s only one ILL at Epcot - GotG. And two at MK - 7dmt and Tron.

JohnD

Original Poster
My brother (offsite) booked Rise of the Resistance exactly at 9 am a couple weeks ago.

His return window was 7:40-8:40 pm.

Just giving you a head’s up.
Thanks. We'll take what we can get. Fortunately, we booked a lunch VIP ticket for the Fantasmic 1st show at 8:30. I see it's now scheduled for 8:30 and 10:00. We'll have to make a decision about what to do with Fantasmic after booking Rise. Maybe cancel the VIP lunch and go to 10:00? We're with an 8 year boy though. Sigh. . .

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Thanks. We'll take what we can get. Fortunately, we booked a lunch VIP ticket for the Fantasmic 1st show at 8:30. I see it's now scheduled for 8:30 and 10:00. We'll have to make a decision about what to do with Fantasmic after booking Rise. Maybe cancel the VIP lunch and go to 10:00? We're with an 8 year boy though. Sigh. . .
See it shouldn't have to be this way and so difficult...really hate the whole system.

JohnD

Original Poster
See it shouldn't have to be this way and so difficult...really hate the whole system.
I'm discovering that quickly. Previously, going solo I did what I could do. But now, with this family, we have to get up early and map out a whole daily strategy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom