Creations Shop opening this summer

vikescaper

What is up with the zig-zag wall under the overhang? It has a display case on one side and then nothing on the other. For those in the park, does it add a small expansion to the store or is it just nothing? Looks awkward. Like it's not done yet.
I was wondering that as well. Looking at the photos, it looks like it doesn’t add anything.

Cmdr_Crimson

Frankly, I do not understand why the Creations Shop is dedicated to Mickey Mouse. If the idea behind the reimagining of this merchandise location was to blend contemporary style with elements of original EPCOT, then why not dedicate the shop to Figment? Would it really have been that difficult to create Figment murals and sculptures?

One little spark, of inspiration, is at the heart of all creation. Is it too much to ask that someone would have remembered who sings this line?
all-of-this-pointing-up.gif

hpyhnt 1000

I just don't get the artistic direction behind this store. I really don't. The name, the store design and finishes, the absolute fixation on using Mickey...

It's just not EPCOT, and there's no good reason for why the park's flagship store references practically nothing about EPCOT (apart from a partial logo on a pennant held by zombie Mickey).

mightynine

Because Figment doesn't exist outside the park, and Mickey does. Since the theme for everything now is The Walt Disney Company's Intellectual Properties, what do you think is going to win out? The one with a broader reach.

Figment's there to throw a bone to anyone who remembers EPCOT before it became Magic Kingdom+ and to put on passholder event merch.

Honestly, if he were to become the "main" mascot again for the park, I'd rather he had better representation in terms of an attraction first.

DKampy

Honestly, if he were to become the "main" mascot again for the park, I'd rather he had better representation in terms of an attraction first.
This.., I grew up with original Epcot…so I get it…but my wife’s 1st trip to the world was in 2004..,so she only rode figment’s sorry excuse for a ride.. she cannot stand Figment… as it stands a Figment mascot would only appeal to the EPCOT Center purists, not the masses… it would not work

MrPromey

LOL at the sign.

Creations looks fine (good, even), but why the insistence on "shop"? It even looks tacked on to the sign as an afterthought.
It's so you don't confuse it for an attraction.

Since there are so few of those open at this point, it would be easy for someone to walk in expecting to do something besides spend money. ;)

Vegas Disney Fan

This.., I grew up with original Epcot…so I get it…but my wife’s 1st trip to the world was in 2004..,so she only rode figment’s sorry excuse for a ride.. she cannot stand Figment… as it stands a Figment mascot would only appeal to the EPCOT Center purists, not the masses… it would not work
This was my thought also, hardcore fans love Figment (and we know his history) but most visitors would probably have no idea who he was if the main store was about him.

What is up with the zig-zag wall under the overhang?

Nod to mouse gears?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom