create your 5th gate

dman1373

Original Poster
If you were in charge of making a 5th theme park in disney what would it be? What lands would you have in it? What rides would you have? Any idea you have about what you would put in this park, you can put down.

STITCHGEFAN

Ok I'll get the ball rolling.
Seen as Disney has effectively covered all the major ways of theming parks (fantasy, film, wildlife, water and technology) It is hard to think of another similar topic to make a park on.
In my personal opinion a few years ago I would of said Pixar, however now that they have a stronghold in terms of attractions that isn't possible now.
I would also like to see retro Disney, go back to its roots in terms of characters theming, again though this isn't going to happen due to the lack of target audience.
So personally I think a more thrill ride based park is suitable. Before I get heat for it just look at IOA, although thrill ride based it still involves rides that are anything but, Cat in the Hat for instance. Base it around Mickey, get some well themed rides in there (said in another thread, I would love a Fantasmic themed ride) and the park will be the most popular of the lot.

dmatt87

Like the previous poster said, a Retro Land would be neat but I must agree that their isn't enough of an audience for that.

If and when Universal's exclusivity with some Marvel caracters expire, it would be neat to have a Marvel themed park!

Jakester

Like mentioned, id like to see the Disneys America, and the fireworks show could be something around Celebrate America Fireworks.
If seaworld didnt exsist in orlando, id say go for an aquatic park.

cheezbat

Alot of what I hear from people is thrill park, Marvel park, A Disneysea type park.

I want to see something different. I could see them using some of the Marvel characters, and definitely thrill rides, but where's the orginiality?

Personally, I'd live to see a park that meshed the Disneysea concept along with the Disney's America concept along with thrill rides. But I still want something original.

Theme Parkitect

I actually just created a thread about my idea. It's called "Place for Villains?" because I think that they are no where to be found and it might be to hard to just add them to Fantasyland or something like that because it might be too scary for smaller ones, so why not give them a Park? Just a little bit of a fun idea to play with! :)

Martian Crab

I would create Rejectland. It would be a dumping ground for all the crap I hate. Stitch would be there, all of the marvel superheroes would be residents, the burned remains of the Gilbert Gottfried parrot would have a place of dishonor. Aladdin's superfluous carpets could be warehoused within this park...the list goes on and on. Oh yes, I also forgot. All of the Ellen AAs could go here too.

CP_alum08

Ok I'll get the ball rolling.
Seen as Disney has effectively covered all the major ways of theming parks (fantasy, film, wildlife, water and technology) It is hard to think of another similar topic to make a park on.
In my personal opinion a few years ago I would of said Pixar, however now that they have a stronghold in terms of attractions that isn't possible now.
I would also like to see retro Disney, go back to its roots in terms of characters theming, again though this isn't going to happen due to the lack of target audience.
So personally I think a more thrill ride based park is suitable. Before I get heat for it just look at IOA, although thrill ride based it still involves rides that are anything but, Cat in the Hat for instance. Base it around Mickey, get some well themed rides in there (said in another thread, I would love a Fantasmic themed ride) and the park will be the most popular of the lot.

Exactly why there isn't one yet. And personally I hope there never is, I just don't see the need for it.

But assuming this is all hypothetical, I would like a few more thrill rides, so I'll go with that as well. It's really the only thing Universal/IOA has over WDW I think. People argue that RnR is a thrill coaster, but to a coaster junkie, it really doesn't satisfy the itch. I actually like SM a lot more than RnR.

dman1373

Original Poster
I have an idea for a park designed like magic kingdom. Its the magic kingdom, but its the magic kingdom of today. First off the the castle in the middle will be the one from alladin. And the main street usa will be main ksa (kingdom of saudi arabia) themed to the streets of agraba, and partially like an exibit at epcot. Now to get to the lands. For the lands i combinded the ideas of other park ideas i have seen.

The first land on the front left would be villan land. This will have the rides of featuring villans, and even featuring the villans perspective. It could have some indoor roller coasters even. Themed to This of coarse would not have happend during the disney of yesteryear but can easily be accepted for today.

Next is going to be on the bottom right of the park. cartoon wasteland which is based partialy on the land in epic mickey and partially on disney video game involvement. This could have licensed nintendo rides and characters to help fill it out. Because even disney said nintendo is the disney of video games. Just imagine a zelda or mario ride.

The next above the villan land would be the the marvelous land of marvel. This is obvious.

Next on the right is yesterdayland. This is like the oposite of tommorowland. This would be what people from the 21st century think the 50's were like.
This is not what the 50's were like but the idea of what the average americans thinks it was like.

the next would be right behind the castle. It is called magical land. Its a condensed version of the magic kingdom. Its to show that whatever direction the disney company goes in it will always have the base of Walt's ideals.

Now i don't have an idea for the name, but i chose the aladin kingdom because you can promote it as a "whole new world"

Theme Parkitect

I have an idea for a park designed like magic kingdom. Its the magic kingdom, but its the magic kingdom of today. First off the the castle in the middle will be the one from alladin. And the main street usa will be main ksa (kingdom of saudi arabia) themed to the streets of agraba, and partially like an exibit at epcot. Now to get to the lands. For the lands i combinded the ideas of other park ideas i have seen.

The first land on the front left would be villan land. This will have the rides of featuring villans, and even featuring the villans perspective. It could have some indoor roller coasters even. Themed to This of coarse would not have happend during the disney of yesteryear but can easily be accepted for today.

Next is going to be on the bottom right of the park. cartoon wasteland which is based partialy on the land in epic mickey and partially on disney video game involvement. This could have licensed nintendo rides and characters to help fill it out. Because even disney said nintendo is the disney of video games. Just imagine a zelda or mario ride.

The next above the villan land would be the the marvelous land of marvel. This is obvious.

Next on the right is yesterdayland. This is like the oposite of tommorowland. This would be what people from the 21st century think the 50's were like.
This is not what the 50's were like but the idea of what the average americans thinks it was like.

the next would be right behind the castle. It is called magical land. Its a condensed version of the magic kingdom. Its to show that whatever direction the disney company goes in it will always have the base of Walt's ideals.

Now i don't have an idea for the name, but i chose the aladin kingdom because you can promote it as a "whole new world"

I don't mean to be rude. But that is totally UN-DISNEY. Those themes do not fit together AT ALL. It sound like everything was just thrown in, including the fact that you picked Aladdin* (you spelled it wrong) just so it could be called "a whole new world!" REALLY?!?! And how would the famous Disney transition carry out between the Villains and the 50's?!?! Or the 50's and a mini-Magic Kingdom (which btw, doesn't make sense). Also, Nintendo has NO PLACE IN DISNEY WORLD. And Marvel will probably end up having it's own Park after Universal's usage runs out.

IowaHawks7

They should build a park around Marvel. They could do the main hub as the Stark Expo. Which could double as an attraction. The land at the left would be New York. They could have rides based off of SPider man and the fantastic 4 here. Then they could build a land next to NY and it would be called Professors Xs school from XMEN. It would have a ride for wolverine ( maybe a show like Indy) and a ride for the Xmen and a haunted mansion type ride based in the school. then the Land directly behind the Stark Expo would be a land based on technology from stark. Then there would be a land based as a Civil War land. Civil war was a story in MArvel which pitted half the universe against the other. A captain America ride would be here. Maybe with an Iron man Coaster. The Entrance would be in D.C.

AngryCola641

ToonWorld

Considering the fact that mickey's Toontown closed recently, my guess would be that the next gate would be based upon early Disney cartoons. It would consist of several lands reminiscent of the "cities" in Mickey Mouse Cartoons. It would be primarily focused on children with less thrilling and complex rides than the other gates. Most attractions would probably be based on Mickey Mouse episodes like Steamboat Willie or Lonesome Ghosts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom