Crazy question

disney4life2008

I have never wanted to spend the night in the parks but I always like to be one of the last to leave. Especially at MK I always do a final walk through on my last night until they say get out, lol.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have gotten to walk around a completely guest cleared DHS multiple times, I have also gotten to walk around World Showcase at 2:00a.

My kid has worked 28 of the last 36 hours, when is it empty? lol

Rob562

The foil would likely enhance the range of the transmitting antenna, which is a coil of copper that's encased in the straps of the MB.

Once they get the initial system working and all of the testing completed, they will likely begin utilizing the active tracking features - from things like you've suggested, to finding lost kids.

Actually, it probably wouldn't. EZPass toll transponders use a similar system as the Bands (at least the powered portion, which is what can most easily be read from a distance) and in their FAQ they say that if for some reason you don't want the transponder to be read while going through a toll lane to wrap it in foil.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
Actually, it probably wouldn't. EZPass toll transponders use a similar system as the Bands (at least the powered portion, which is what can most easily be read from a distance) and in their FAQ they say that if for some reason you don't want the transponder to be read while going through a toll lane to wrap it in foil.

-Rob

Or so they say.... :cautious: ;)

Rob562

LOL. It's also the gist of the "RFID blocking" wallets that are sold. It's lined with foil to keep the cards inside it from being read, even at close range.

-Rob

Bairstow

LOL. It's also the gist of the "RFID blocking" wallets that are sold. It's lined with foil to keep the cards inside it from being read, even at close range.

-Rob

Exactly.
Encase the device in a Faraday cage, even a crude one, and the transmissions won't be getting out.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The parks are never "empty."

There's no point where someone shuts off all the lights and "locks up" for the night.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
So wait, these AREN'T going to protect me when I'm at the parks?

Tin_Foil_Ears.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom