Crazy question but...

burfer

I've never stayed at the Contemporary, so I've never had the need to pay attention to this. Can I take the monorail from the T&T center to the Contemporary? We are having breakfast at Chef Mickey's one morning and I figured with kids it would be easier to park the car one time if at all possible, catch the monorail to the Contemporary for breakfast and then again to the MK. Is this possible? THANKS! :wave:

brent2124

Yes. The express monorail to the left of the express monorail to the MK stops at the resorts along the track. It does though go to the Poly, GF and MK before stoppingar the Contemporary.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Oh.....my....God....

I have been looking over trip research stuff for the past 8 years now and I have never even considered this. DUH!! We go to Chef Mickey's every trip and we always drive to the CR, eat, then drive to the TTC, and then take a ferry to MK. It just goes to show that no matter how much you know about something, you can still miss the simple things. :) I'm going to have to do this on our next trip now.

Upvote 0

AgentP65

Another option is to take the walkway to the Magic Kingdom after breakfast at Chef Mickey's. Only takes about 10 minutes to walk from Contemporary to MK. You will avoid a crowded monorail ride.

Upvote 0

AgentP65

Since you are dining at the Contemporary...you *could* park your car at the resort and walk to and back from the MK. If you plan to stay at MK until park close, you won't have to deal with long lines for monorail or ferry to get back to your car at T&TC :animwink:

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

Parking at other resorts for long periods of time is against policy. However, I have found that going to Valet is perfectly fine for as long as you want. I can't remember what they charge, but it is worth not having to take long transportation delays.

Upvote 0

burfer

Original Poster
Oh.....my....God....

I have been looking over trip research stuff for the past 8 years now and I have never even considered this. DUH!! We go to Chef Mickey's every trip and we always drive to the CR, eat, then drive to the TTC, and then take a ferry to MK. It just goes to show that no matter how much you know about something, you can still miss the simple things. :) I'm going to have to do this on our next trip now.

I'm glad I could be of assistance!!

Upvote 0

burfer

Original Poster
Oh, one more thing I was thinking, what time do the monorails actually start running??
We are going with kids who are mesmerized by the monorail, which is why I was asking. Don't get me wrong, I love it too, but when it is packed I don't get near the joy out of it! Thanks for all the help!! :kiss:

Upvote 0

AgentP65

Parking at other resorts for long periods of time is against policy.

Well, I was just waiting for someone to make this comment. You know what, I've always stayed at MK deluxe resorts but I'm just not one of those guests who get all bent out of shape about non-resort guests using the parking lot - especially if they are dropping $40+ per person at one of the resort restaurants for signature or character dining.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Oh, one more thing I was thinking, what time do the monorails actually start running??

The resort monorails start running at 7am. But keep in mind that it goes to all of the other stops before going to CR.

Well, I was just waiting for someone to make this comment. You know what, I've always stayed at MK deluxe resorts but I'm just not one of those guests who get all bent out of shape about non-resort guests using the parking lot - especially if they are dropping $40+ per person at one of the resort restaurants for signature or character dining.

I've never done this before but I have been very tempted to. I think we were handed a parking permit only one time in the last four visits. But to be honest, I don't see the big deal during slow times ofthe year. We always go during the early fall when it is pretty slow and the CR parking lot is good and empty toward the front (The parking entrance side).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom