Crazy...or Genius? FP+ / Resort Question

Dpint43

Original Poster
Guys...here's the background:

- my family trip is from 11/24-11/30 (we go once every 2-3 years so this is obviously not enough time:)
- we are already staying at Wyndham Bonnett Creek throughout the duration of our trip
- we already have purchased park hopper tickets for everyone

My question is this: We are trying to get as much park time as humanly possibly for this trip since we might not be able to go for another 3-4 years. Our last full night is Tuesday and we're leaving around noon on Wed.

Tuesday has Epcot EMH from 9:30 PM - 11:30 PM...I'm wondering if it's possible for us to book a one night stay at one of the All-Stars for Tuesday (one night) to get the benefits of the EMH that day. There are five of us going so in my head I am thinking we can split the cost of staying at a hotel for one night and gain an extra 2 hours in Epcot on our last day. While I definitely know I am not the first person to think/try this - I do want to know if anyone has done this in the past?

Will we still get the EMH access even if we don't plan on checking in to our room? Does this screw up anything with our previously purchased tickets? What do I have to do to my tickets in order to link this up correctly?

I figure splitting one hotel room across 5 people is much cheaper than us all getting MVMCP tickets for our last night (we've gone before and we liked it...just didn't like it THAT much...we're Epcot people...we'd happily spend 30ish dollars a person for two hours of no crowd Epoct) - I got very excited about the prospect of this...anyone with advice/tips/etc please let me know!

Thanks!

Punzle

The basic All-Star rooms are a maximum of 4 adults so I think to make your scheme work you'd need two rooms or a family suite, and it looks like a family suite is about $300/night. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Dpint43

Original Poster
The basic All-Star rooms are a maximum of 4 adults so I think to make your scheme work you'd need two rooms or a family suite, and it looks like a family suite is about $300/night. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

You know - I probably should've checked that PRIOR to posting the message huh? I looked it up right after posting...it'd be $250 with tax for one night so $50 / person...I've probably spent more for less in the past at Disney but will probably move on from this...thanks

Disney.Mike

See if you can book a tentsite for the duration of your vacation. Usually the primitive camping spots only cost 25-40 a night and they give you all the benefits of being an onsite guest.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
See if you can book a tentsite for the duration of your vacation. Usually the primitive camping spots only cost 25-40 a night and they give you all the benefits of being an onsite guest.
The rates are near double that during the OP's trip. It will still be cheaper than a value resort, but ranging in price from about $66-$80 per night, if available.

Chef Mickey

I think they've thought of this because I had a similar situation.

If you never check in, you don't exist in their system. I doubt it will work.

BigRedDad

I would not worry about the extra 2 hours at Epcot. You can do everything there in a day. If you are trying to cram as much into the time you are there, don't park hop. That wastes time and money. If you want to max out, go to a park, stay there rope drop until they throw you out.

For us, EMH has done very little. We can do everything want without it. Plan accordingly and do what you have to do. Since you can't do everything, don't try. Do what you have to do. There is a ton of stuff to do outside of the parks as well. Trader Sam's, Boardwalk at night, the piano bar on the Boardwalk, Disney Springs, and many others.

thomas998

Oh my... You've just given me the best idea ever... We've started staying at Universal's hotels the past couple of years as they are better bang for the buck and better condition that Disney's... but were always locked out of the certain perks like fastpass plus for high demand rides that fill up prior to the opening for non-guests and extra magic hours... I think next trip we'll get a campsite... Shoot just showing up and checking in to get the parking pass would save $20/day right there, bring the cost down to $5-20 dollars a night.... That's a brilliant idea.

Anyone know if they verify that you've put up a tent? If so we'll have to stop at a walmart and get the cheapest tent possible to plop out there, maybe the raccoons in the area could use the tent when we aren't there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom