Cracker Barell ALWAYS before Disney!

MickeyMind

Original Poster
I was just reading a thread and noticed how many people make it a point to stop at a cracker barell before their disney trip. Me and my family do that all the time, We live in south florida, and whenever we head up to disney we always have to stop at the cracker barell in port st. lucie for breakfast.. I always feel like cracker barell is sort of an appetizer for what's about to come, its definitly got that disney feel to it..anyone else have a pre-disney cracker barell tradition?

muse1983

I was just reading a thread and noticed how many people make it a point to stop at a cracker barell before their disney trip. Me and my family do that all the time, We live in south florida, and whenever we head up to disney we always have to stop at the cracker barell in port st. lucie for breakfast.. I always feel like cracker barell is sort of an appetizer for what's about to come, its definitly got that disney feel to it..anyone else have a pre-disney cracker barell tradition?

"I always feel like cracker barell is sort of an appetizer for what's about to come, its definitly got that disney feel to it"

You have to be joking...right?

Walt Disney1955

No, actually I feel the same way. I always stay off site when in Florida. Actually I stay at Westgate resorts just a mile from the entrance to WDW. So I am always hitting the restaurants all week down that strip such as Sizzler, IHOP, Olive Garden, Golden Corral, Friendly's etc.

But yeah Cracker Barrell has that southern old-time feel to it. A lot like - dare I say - Frontierland. I can see where you are coming from. You're in the restaurant eating a classic homemade meal and the old music is playing in the background and their attention to detail in the restaurant is very Disney-like. I always hit up Cracker Barrell a couple times during my stay in Florida.

muse1983

I guess everyone has their own take on things but I have to be honest, I am speechless to think that anyone would ever compare Cracker Barrel in any shape or form to Disney World...just my opinion

Walt Disney1955

I guess everyone has their own take on things but I have to be honest, I am speechless to think that anyone would ever compare Cracker Barrel in any shape or form to Disney World...just my opinion

I don't think he compares it to WDW. If it's what I am thinking of, the comparison is similar in a lot of ways to Frontierland, just the mood, nothing more. Even the rocking chairs on the front porch are like Tom Sawyer.

Or maybe it's just me and we don't have Cracker in Canada. So whenever I am in Cracker I KNOW I am in Florida

Phonedave

Overpriced generic food with a gift shop attached?

It is EXACTLY like most QS places in WDW.

-dave

muse1983

I don't think he compares it to WDW. If it's what I am thinking of, the comparison is similar in a lot of ways to Frontierland, just the mood, nothing more. Even the rocking chairs on the front porch are like Tom Sawyer.

Or maybe it's just me and we don't have Cracker in Canada. So whenever I am in Cracker I KNOW I am in Florida

We have a Cracker about 10 min away so maybe that's why I am so blown away by the quote. I guess if someone had NEVER been there and only go when they are in Florida then I could see how the mood could vaguely remind them on Disney strictly due to comparing the attention to detail....I will still stand by saying that the last place Cracker Barrel reminds me of is Disney World though haha

UrbanDonovan

If we're going to one of the parks for the day, be it Disney or Universal, we'll usually leave the house early enough to stop for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel in Baseball City (I-4 & US 27). Although, if I had my way, we'd go to the Waffle House.

mikeymouse

We routinely eat at the Cracker Barrel on 192 across from the big orange right after we check-in to our pool home. We also eat at Outback during our stay. I think the first time we ever went to either of these restaurants was on a Disney vacation, so it's sentimental.

Mouse Man

Cracker Barrel to us is one of those places that just says welcome, come on in and eat and stretch your legs a bit. My favorite breakfast is Uncle Hershals. CB is country feel good cooking/comfort food. I can see how some people can relate CB to Fort Wilderness or even Frontierland. Yes we have this here in South Jersey too, but it's just become a ritual to stop in the morning around 7:00 AM for a Breakfast for the past ten years while were driving down to WDW. Nice Post.

Master Gracey 5

Way back in the early 90s we used to make it over to the Olive Garden during every Disney trip. For whatever reason the restaurant hadn't made it into New England at the time and it was fun for my family. Now there are Olive Garden's everywhere so we wouldn't think about going while at Disney. I guess it depends on what you're used to and what seems special as part of a vacation.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Way back in the early 90s we used to make it over to the Olive Garden during every Disney trip. For whatever reason the restaurant hadn't made it into New England at the time and it was fun for my family. Now there are Olive Garden's everywhere so we wouldn't think about going while at Disney. I guess it depends on what you're used to and what seems special as part of a vacation.

We're in the same boat. We have always had Cracker Barrels all around us, so stopping there on the way to WDW (or while there) has never really been an option for us.....

dsollie

When on vacation, we NEVER eat at a place we could eat at at home.

TubaGeek: I absolutely agree! We stay offsite when we go, but very close to the entrance to WDW. The only problem with this concept is that there are really no other options.

I don't mean to digress, but your moniker reminds me of the Schmenge Brothers, and the tuba solo: "Gippy Glitschke on the tuba! Gippy Glitschke! As if you already didn't know! The Git-man! The Git-man! Wooo! Some hot tuba!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM4yj9bz_Vc&feature=related

MickeyMind: I also noticed the same Cracker Barrel comments in the other thread, and wondered the same thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom