CPU Usage goes WAY up when posting or replying on this site

Mikester71

Original Poster
Recently, I noticed my hard drive revving up and my CPU usage shooting WAY up whenever I am on this site posting a new thread or replying to one. It only happens when the reply or post a thread box is open. Even when I am not typing in the box, it still does it. I even opened the Windows Task Manager and watched as I toggled between two tab windows in Firefox and it only happens with the WDWMagic.com window. Now I have been a Firefox user for many years now and am totally happy with it and all of its features. I did recently upgrade to Firefox 4, but it was doing it before then. I want to say it has been doing it for the past couple/few months.

Anyone else notice this??? :shrug:

Mikester71

Original Poster
A lot of times it's a plugin or extension - try disabling a group of them and see it that helps.

Probably, but it ONLY happens on this site and when I am replying or posting. I wondered if it was maybe the Smilies along the side or something along the top of the page or something like that. :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I had the same issue with Firefox doing that back when they upgraded to 3.0. I was never able to track down the cause and eventually switched to Chrome. It took me a little while to get use to it but Chrome is consistently rated the fastest most secure browser out there and I have never regretted the switch.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Just testing. I had a spike when I opened this dialog window, but it dropped right back down to normal after the page loaded. :shrug:

Windows XP
Firefox 3.6.16

Mikester71

Original Poster
It isn't a big deal to me and isn't really that annoying or anything, it just seemed weird. My hard drive is spinning like it does when I am streaming video or something. But it doesn't really slow anything down as it only does it until I click the Submit Reply button and then it stops. :hammer:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It isn't a big deal to me and isn't really that annoying or anything, it just seemed weird. My hard drive is spinning like it does when I am streaming video or something. But it doesn't really slow anything down as it only does it until I click the Submit Reply button and then it stops. :hammer:

Is java updated?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Interesting. I have not had this reported before, I'll see if I can recreate it and get back to you.

Monorail Lime

I noticed this too. It occurs on my desktop but not my laptop which is weird because they run the same version of Firefox and extensions.

Installed Chrome, problem solved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom