CP meetings

daringstoic

Original Poster
I'm planning on going to the recruiting meeting at my school tomorrow, but I won't be able to do the program starting in January. I'd be looking at doing the one that starts in May or June and runs through December, but I want to get some information about it so I can decide between that and study abroad for the summer. Will this program only be about the spring time, and do you have to sign up for interviews at the meeting?
Any info would be appreciated...

SteelerGirl86

Im sorry this doesnt really help you.. but i had your question too and im going to add on to it.. I was really trying to think hard about which time is better to be down there, fall or spring? Fall seems more exciting because you can experience all the holidays and stuff but spring might be better becuase its not as chaotic.. what do you guys think? & like she was saying, if i want to do fall..of next year..when would i go to the meeting thing?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Cp

When I did the CP back in 2003....here's what I remember:

What you're talking about if I am correct is leaving in May and returning from WDW in December (January actually) is called the "Fall Advantage" program. If you want to "audition" for this session you need to attend a meeting/interview in the spring. Feel free to go to the meeting this semester and talk to the recruiters, but more than likely they'll tell you to go through the interview process in the Spring. Hope this helps!!

~heather

redwingchik said:
I'm planning on going to the recruiting meeting at my school tomorrow, but I won't be able to do the program starting in January. I'd be looking at doing the one that starts in May or June and runs through December, but I want to get some information about it so I can decide between that and study abroad for the summer. Will this program only be about the spring time, and do you have to sign up for interviews at the meeting?
Any info would be appreciated...

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Best Time?

I extended for a whole year. I was originally Fall '03 (August-January) then extended for Spring (January-May) and extended again for the summer (May-August). I can't tell you the BEST time to go. But I enjoyed the Fall session better. The weather isn't as hot and it doesn't rain as much.....BUT you're also going down during the peak of hurricaine season (I suffered through Charley and Ivan (?)). The parks SEEM to be less crowded in the fall as compared to the spring. AND if they're still doing it...instead of your normal 20% merchandise discount....they gave us 40% off during November & December. BUT...one of the drawback is the parks are PACKED for most of November and December (lots of mandatory OT). One of the advantages of going down in the Springtime (again, if they still do this) is you get into the waterparks for free b/c it's cooler and not as many people go.

Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate) is BEAUTIFUL at WDW :xmas: (and there's NO SNOW!!!!!!!!) but you'll miss your family during the holidays. I was 24 at the time and hadn't lived at home for 5 years and STILL missed my family very much!! BUT, if I did the program again, I'd go down in the Fall for sure.

That's MY opinion, I'm sure other people have different ones but I hope this helps!!

~heather

SteelerGirl86 said:
Im sorry this doesnt really help you.. but i had your question too and im going to add on to it.. I was really trying to think hard about which time is better to be down there, fall or spring? Fall seems more exciting because you can experience all the holidays and stuff but spring might be better becuase its not as chaotic.. what do you guys think? & like she was saying, if i want to do fall..of next year..when would i go to the meeting thing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom