CP Graduation

schroder6452

Cute Pics Peter. Missed you there. Got there way after you. My one pic I took at grad is still in my camera. Yeah I didn't take my digi. I kind of wish I could have had a more formal grad since last year we had ours at Mickey's retreat and was casual dress too. But oh well, at least we got ears and all.

TiggersPooh

Original Poster
kellydisney said:
Which Vista pool is closed? What building did you live in? Where did you work? Favorite part of program? Least favorite? What you will miss? Fill us in (those of us who didn't follow your story from the beginning)
The one at the clubhouse
building 38...freeway!!!!
favorite part-i go to disney anytime i please and I LOVE making magical moments
least-grad night and all EMH...seriously 3 yr olds shouldnt be up at 2 am riding buzz lightyear
Ill miss all my friends and the chaos that is tomorrowland...ill b eback in december!

kellydisney

Your fav & least fav are similar to mine.

I had to work many a Halloween & Christmas party and back then the parks were open till midnight sometimes "just cuz". I vow right now to never drag my child under 8 to a park after 10pm. Actually maybe even after 8pm. That's when they turn into demon children hehe and it's just a strange form of child abuse.

I'm glad you had an excellent time. Don't miss the Chrismas Party in December! :wave:

Bizarra

Age limits?

Here is possibly a stupid question... what are the age ranges of the CP? I know it's 18 and over... is there an upper limit?

Because I have gone back to college after being out of high school for oh so many years... and am working on a Travel degree/history degree and wonder if I may or may not be too old to do the CP. :)

Just curious mostly as not real sure my hubby would love the idea of me being gone for so long. LOL :drevil:

se8472

Bizarra said:
Here is possibly a stupid question... what are the age ranges of the CP? I know it's 18 and over... is there an upper limit?

Because I have gone back to college after being out of high school for oh so many years... and am working on a Travel degree/history degree and wonder if I may or may not be too old to do the CP. :)

Just curious mostly as not real sure my hubby would love the idea of me being gone for so long. LOL :drevil:

There isn't a limit...its open to all ages but most people tend to be between 19-22.

Bizarra

se8472 said:
There isn't a limit...its open to all ages but most people tend to be between 19-22.

Eh.. I get along very well will the youngin's. LOL For the record, I'm just 39.. so its not a drastic overage. It's just that if I do what I plan on doing educationally, the CP could be a big part of it. :)

zone15int

Bizarra said:
Eh.. I get along very well will the youngin's. LOL For the record, I'm just 39.. so its not a drastic overage. It's just that if I do what I plan on doing educationally, the CP could be a big part of it. :)

A few years ago when I did a college program, one of the guys was 36. About a year ago, there was a CP in his forties at Space Mt. (I think)

Bizarra

zone15int said:
A few years ago when I did a college program, one of the guys was 36. About a year ago, there was a CP in his forties at Space Mt. (I think)

I am glad to know that there are older folks who do the CP. :) It makes me feel a lot better about doing it. :) :sohappy:

Snoballego

I had a 38 year old room mate and a 28 year old room mate on my last college program. Don't get me wrong... I am a firm believer in equal opportunities.

But I highly would recommend that non-traditional college students stay in a 1 or 2 person apartment at Chatham. Or even do the program and stay off property.

You see it every so often and 99% of the time...it just makes it awkard for the rest of the room mates. I think one of the main ingredients about being on the CP is having social skills. Since WDWCP does place an equal of emphasis of the living aspect of the program, you would need the social skills to deal with 5 room mates mostly likely aged 18-22 of your gender.

It involves a lot of compromise to live with so many room mates. In most cases the one older room mate was making the other 5 room mates compromise a lot more. After working 40+ hour weeks with some roles...the apartment is a much needed refuge at the end of the day.

Vista Way and Chatham are villages of traditional college aged folks. There was a certain energy when I was there. Some folks do a lot of growing up and figuring things out for their future on their CP. It is tremendous because they are doing this at work and at home (their apartment) with friends who are experiencing the same issues.

Honestly...If right now in your life, you couldn't handle living in a co-ed freshman dorm at a big state university. Then do the program just live somewhere else or request an apartment by yourself.

In the same sense they keep the international students at the Commons Apartments because they can bond socially there.

Start hating on me...But Alumni know where I am coming from.

Just Being Honest,

Snoballego

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom