Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
....until there’s an outbreak in an area and someone from there comes to WDW with it. If people without the vaccine agreed to stay put where ever they live until we are sure the pandemic is over then I’d have no problem with them not getting vaccinated ever. You can’t have your cake and eat it too. If you want the Summer back and want to be able to travel and do whatever you want ASAP then you should get the vaccine. If you are satisfied living a mostly isolated existence for a while longer then it really doesn’t matter.
These communities have most likely already been hit. The odds that COVID comes to them NOW, when they've been careless all along and now the rest of the population is getting their vax, seems pretty remote.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Even CNN, which seems to be more negative on COVID-19 since negativity gets clicks, admits we are on our way to herd immunity this summer. The only thing that could ruin that is a new variant with dozens of mutations. And it would need to develop like...now.

Unlikely but not impossible.
The cynical reading of that is "they've known all along and now that the relief bill has passed the Senate, they can finally admit it."

ToTBellHop

The cynical reading of that is "they've known all along and now that the relief bill has passed the Senate, they can finally admit it."
I think everyone has known since January but they don’t want to show their hands for fear people will go hog-wild. They’re probably correct. “Stay the course for two more months,” is too much for some to understand.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
These communities have most likely already been hit. The odds that COVID comes to them NOW, when they've been careless all along and now the rest of the population is getting their vax, seems pretty remote.
When you remove all restrictions and don’t have distancing or masks or any other protocols and you also have a large number of people unvaccinated that’s a recipe for a potential outbreak.

ToTBellHop

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
When you remove all restrictions and don’t have distancing or masks or any other protocols and you also have a large number of people unvaccinated that’s a recipe for a potential outbreak.
These people have not been distancing, not been masking, not been listening to any other protocols. Lifting restrictions will have no impact on how they've been living.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
These people have not been distancing, not been masking, not been listening to any other protocols. Lifting restrictions will have no impact on how they've been living.
I don’t think it’s as black and white as that. Even if the majority of people don’t follow protocols there are still a large number who do. And even in areas hard hit the percent infected is still well below 50%. There aren’t really many places where nobody follows protocols and almost everyone has been infected.

bdearl41

I'm still concerned for my family but not all have been vaccinated yet. I did feel safe hanging out with my dad (fully vaccinated) inside no masks though. I feel safe going anywhere and knowing my chances of spreading it are super slim
I’ll have to add my parents have been fully vaccinated for over a month now and I really don’t think Covid is dangerous for kids.

correcaminos

I’ll have to add my parents have been fully vaccinated for over a month now and I really don’t think Covid is dangerous for kids.
I don't worry if my 13yo is vaccinated anytime soon. Nor even for an adolescent T1D loved one really based on what they say. I have 2 siblings not vaccinated - though oddly their spouses all have their 1st shot and due for 2nd in the next couple of weeks (including my own) One sibling is out of state and harder to vaccine hunt for, but they should be up for it soon. Not sure about the one more local as our state sucks. Once the adults are vaccinated we'll feel better.

As it is I think we are still on for a July funeral service for my aunt. That area of my state sucks with restrictions and was worse off than mine (most populous county) when she had died.

correcaminos

The customers inside the fully packed dining location are very irresponsible.
Unless they got there early and it wasn't crowded. Some people feel safe to be out. I will with my family in a month or two.
I are at a restaurant today. Full capacity no masks. Pretty sure normal is coming back faster than the news wants.
This is what I think will happen. People will want to let go of restrictions before the govt is. Then it's up to those enforcing. I see it here in some areas already.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I are at a restaurant today. Full capacity no masks. Pretty sure normal is coming back faster than the news wants.

By normal, I don't mean just lifting restrictions, I mean having the virus enough under control that lifting restrictions doesn't cause an increase in cases. Just look at the numbers. Things are getting better but the number of new daily cases in the US is still greater then or close to what it was for the first 9 months of the pandemic.

ToTBellHop

By normal, I don't mean just lifting restrictions, I mean having the virus enough under control that lifting restrictions doesn't cause an increase in cases. Just look at the numbers. Things are getting better but the number of new daily cases in the US is still greater then or close to what it was for the first 9 months of the pandemic.
To be fair, it wasn’t widespread in all 50 states until last fall when we had a serious spike. That April spike was extremely concentrated (and devastating up here in the Northeast; I’ll never forget the freezer trucks; f-ed up).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Even CNN, which seems to be more negative on COVID-19 since negativity gets clicks, admits we are on our way to herd immunity this summer. The only thing that could ruin that is a new variant with dozens of mutations. And it would need to develop like...now.

Unlikely but not impossible.
Which is why rich countries need to spend the big bucks to get the whole world vaccinated lest new variants develop that get by the vaccines. They won't stay out of a global world infrastructure.

ToTBellHop

Which is why rich countries need to spend the big bucks to get the whole world vaccinated lest new variants develop that get by the vaccines. They won't stay out of a global world infrastructure.
Yes...and maintain testing requirements for international travel for a long time...

This summer is a great time to vacation in your own country!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom