COVID-19 Testing Policy Update

Chip Chipperson

Original Poster
DCL updated their COVID-19 testing information today for sailings beginning June 7. This is for US sailings - I didn't look at the policy for sailings out of other ports. I haven't received any e-mails about the change yet, but I would imagine that they'll be sending them out soon so they don't end up with a bunch of angry guests who only learned of the change when they arrived at the port.

Fully vaccinated Guests on sailings departing US and Canadian ports on or after June 7, 2022, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken no more than 2 days before setting sail to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal. Pre-trip test results must be uploaded into the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day. The test must be a rapid antigen test professionally observed by a medical professional or telehealth provider, a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT), a rapid PCR test or a lab-based PCR test. Completing pre-trip testing prior to embarkation day enhances the efficiency of boarding and confirms that you are negative for COVID-19 prior to traveling to the terminal. Guests can purchase COVID-19 tests through our third-party vendor, Inspire Diagnostics, or obtain a test from any independent testing supplier. Beginning June 7, 2022, fully vaccinated Guests who do not upload pre-trip test results to the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day will be tested at the terminal before boarding and will be charged for the cost of the test. The cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be $74.00 (USD) plus tax for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, $125.00 (USD) plus tax for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service. For Canada sailings, the cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be $95.00 (CAD) plus GST for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, $160.00 (CAD) plus GST for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service. Embarkation testing for Guests 4 years of age and under who are not vaccine-eligible because of age will be paid for by Disney Cruise Line.

Maelstrom Troll

I’d rather test before boarding the plane than test positive at the port and be stranded in Florida. It’s extremely stressful testing right before boarding. Now if I test positive, I can stay home and reschedule the cruise and flight.
I agree 100%. It will cost is a little more at home but a heck of a lot less stress.

We will be going on a Disney cruise on 7/9, but will be at WDW for two weeks prior to the cruise. Does anyone know what locations in Orlando/Kissimmee would be a viable place to get the test done? Or even better what telehealth options does Disney deem acceptable? I am struggling to find which places Disney accepts. Thanks for any help!

Vegas Disney Fan

We will be going on a Disney cruise on 7/9, but will be at WDW for two weeks prior to the cruise. Does anyone know what locations in Orlando/Kissimmee would be a viable place to get the test done? Or even better what telehealth options does Disney deem acceptable? I am struggling to find which places Disney accepts. Thanks for any help!
We have the same question, we’ll be sailing in January and will be in WDW the week before our cruise.

It would be nice if DCL would set up a testing station somewhere on property since so many people combine the cruise with WDW.

JaxFLBear

It would be nice if DCL would set up a testing station somewhere on property since so many people combine the cruise with WDW.
The closest DCL sponsored testing location is at the Sheraton Suites near MCO. You have to purchase the test kits from Inspire Diagnostics at $45 each to use that location. They also have a test site at the Radisson Hotel in Cape Canaveral.

poster

The closest DCL sponsored testing location is at the Sheraton Suites near MCO. You have to purchase the test kits from Inspire Diagnostics at $45 each to use that location. They also have a test site at the Radisson Hotel in Cape Canaveral
we're going to be in Orlando for 4 days before our cruise out of Miami. Our plan is to schedule testing at a CVS in Orlando 2 days before the cruise. Just another hassle, at least we were already planning on having a rental car so we could do this off-site stuff.

Vegas Disney Fan

Nothing sounds easy without a car so I guess we’ll just test at the port after we get off the bus. Option A: Spend an extra $40 each to test at the port or B: lose a few hours at WDW (where we’re paying $100 a day each for tickets.) and pay $20 for Uber. Potàto potato…

lostpro9het

Nothing sounds easy without a car so I guess we’ll just test at the port after we get off the bus. Option A: Spend an extra $40 each to test at the port or B: lose a few hours at WDW (where we’re paying $100 a day each for tickets.) and pay $20 for Uber. Potàto potato…
Did you miss this:
Try emed.com They look promising. We are getting into Orlando two days prior to our cruise. We get off the Wish then get on the Fantasy the next day. This seems the most convenient.

And this?
This! We’ve used eMed/Navicia three times for cruises without issue, including this morning. Its quick and convenient.

JaxFLBear

DCLs testing partner Inspire Diagnostics also offers a proctored (virtually monitored) self-test. Price is the same ($45 each) as if you use one of their in-person locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom