Cover Songs?...

Legacy

Original Poster
I have cooped up inside all day, so I have been thinking up some rather pointless discussion ideas. This one DOES involve Disney, so that's why Im posting on this board...

If you could have any Disney attraction song covered by a band, what song would it be and who would liketo see cover it?

Personally, I would love to hear Blink jam out One Little Spark.

:cool:

mlnance

I wish Karen Carpenter (from The Carpenters) was still alive, she would be good for EPCOT's Tomorrow's Child.

Instead have the music group Dream (the group that does He Loves U Not) would be good for Tomorrow's Child.

A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow - Celine Dion
When You Wish Upon a Star - Shania Twain
It's a Small World - Britney Spears
Zip-A-Doh-Dah - Bow Wow

monorail256

Originally posted by mlnance
I wish Karen Carpenter (from The Carpenters) was still alive, she would be good for EPCOT's Tomorrow's Child.

Instead have the music group Dream (the group that does He Loves U Not) would be good for Tomorrow's Child.

A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow - Celine Dion
When You Wish Upon a Star - Shania Twain
It's a Small World - Britney Spears
Zip-A-Doh-Dah - Bow Wow

I like your ideas.. Celine would be very good for that song :)

I am not trying to be a smart a__ but, honestly would like to hear Kid Rock do Laughing Place...... In his songs he has this cynical laugh...and I think could really make a good rock cover of the song with his trademark laugh....by the way...great thread...:lol: :lol:

wyattkelly

Hmmm...Well, There was an album of covers a couple years ago. I can't remember the name of it, but I do recall that The Barenaked Ladies covered Grim Grinning Ghosts, and TIm Curry did a horrible rendition of "The Ballad of Davy Crockett."

bamboo7

Originally posted by wyattkelly
Hmmm...Well, There was an album of covers a couple years ago. I can't remember the name of it, but I do recall that The Barenaked Ladies covered Grim Grinning Ghosts, and TIm Curry did a horrible rendition of "The Ballad of Davy Crockett."

yeah, i have that. its called 'Disney's Music From The Park'.

here is the tracklist (from www.cddb.com)

Disc Info:
Disney / Music From The Park

Tracks on this CD
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah - Patti Austin

Yo Ho - The Pointer Sisters

It's A Small World/Wish Upon A Star - Etta James

The Ballad Of Davy Crockett - Tim Curry

Grim Grinning Ghosts - Barenaked Ladies

I Just Can't Wait To Be King - The Rembrandts

Circle Of Life/Can You Fell The Love Tonight - Richard Page

SpectroMagic Medley - David Benoit

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes - Linda Ronstadt

Part Of Your World - Olivia Newton-John

Micky Mouse March/Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah - The Disney Big Band

When You Wish Upon A Star - Take 6

Remember The Magic - Brian McKnight

It's a fairly old album (copyright 1996), so it was from before the barenaked ladies were big in the US. this was the first time i had heard of them.

Originally posted by wyattkelly
and TIm Curry did a horrible rendition of "The Ballad of Davy Crockett."

i thought his version of it was rather funny. it could have been better if he actually sang. he has a very good singing voice.

Dizknee_Phreek

bamboo, when i saw David Benoit on your track list, i just KNEW i had seen him on something else Disney...sure enough, i had seen his name on another track list for songs played in the Wonders of Life building...he did a song called Wild Kids that is played there! :D

Dizknee_Phreek

i think i'd kinda like to hear Paul McCartney sing When You Wish Upon A Star....then again, i like to hear Paul sing anything...i LOVE his voice!
i've really been trying to think of a song for my fave group (that is, fave group who's still a group...Beatles are forever #1!) Rockapella (sang theme song for Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? game show back in the day...not to mention their Folgers commercials) but it is SO hard to imagin them doing a song without actually hearing them do it first. plus, i would HAVE to have my fave singer out of the group (Scott Leonard) doing lead....he has SUCH an incredibly strong voice! but it's really hard to come up with a song that would fit him just right. i think they could do a really awesome version of one of my fave WDW songs, Golden Dreams (that's the name of it, right? i can't believe i don't really remember the name of it!) i doubt it would sound exactly like the original (like Kid Rock's version of Laughing Place would sound like the original?! :lol: lol, great idea btw!! i would love to hear it!) but they could do a stand-up job on it! i know they do a really terrific job on the national anthem!
and now for a little bit of fun! hehehe! (i'm completely not serious on any of the following)
how about Ja Rule doing A Pirates Life For Me or Eminem doing the original Tiki Room! :lol: now those two are something i'd have to hear to believe!!! though Ja Rule with Pirates is a little more believeable. wait, scratch Ja Rule...put in Mystikal instead!! he could put it to the tune of his song Danger..."Pirates! Pirates! Everybody on board.." or something similar.
oh...this is perfect! P.O.D. with It's A Small World...they could have all the Small World lyrics, then make the chorus their "smash hit" :rolleyes: "Youth of a Nation" (is that the name of it? i always did hate that song, lol!) it would fit in perfectly :lol:
or how about the wiseguy gangster fella from the Bugs Bunny cartoons (the one with the big derby hat) singing There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...i don't know why...i just think it'd be kinda funny :)
ok, i'm done for now...i'm running out of ideas! i'm gonna try to think up of some more.

bamboo7

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
i've really been trying to think of a song for my fave group (that is, fave group who's still a group...Beatles are forever #1!) Rockapella (sang theme song for Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? game show back in the day...not to mention their Folgers commercials) but it is SO hard to imagin them doing a song without actually hearing them do it first. plus, i would HAVE to have my fave singer out of the group (Scott Leonard) doing lead....he has SUCH an incredibly strong voice! but it's really hard to come up with a song that would fit him just right. i think they could do a really awesome version of one of my fave WDW songs, Golden Dreams (that's the name of it, right? i can't believe i don't really remember the name of it!)

i know its not the same as rockapella, but take 6 did a good acapella version of 'when you wish upon a star' on the album i mentioned a little earler.

Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by HMGhost13
my favorite band already did my favorite disney ride theme song. GO BARENAKED LADIES!!!!! HM ROCKS!
:sohappy: BNL is my favorite band too! :sohappy:
Sometime I want to see them in concert. :D
I would love to see Pete Townshend (from The Who) do a Disney song on guitar and for the vocals have Paul McCartney. Ooohhh, that would be cooooool but really weird.
-Kevin

DisJosh

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin

:sohappy: BNL is my favorite band too! :sohappy:
Sometime I want to see them in concert. :D
I would love to see Pete Townshend (from The Who) do a Disney song on guitar and for the vocals have Paul McCartney. Ooohhh, that would be cooooool but really weird.
-Kevin

That bands name is soooooo misleading. I can't begin to tell you how disapointed I was the first tiem I saw one of their music videos. :(

bamboo7

Originally posted by DisJosh

That bands name is soooooo misleading. I can't begin to tell you how disapointed I was the first tiem I saw one of their music videos. :(

i may be wrong about this, cause i'm not a diehard fan or anything, but i heard they chose that name casue they thought it would be funny to hear people say "i am going to see the barenaked ladies tomorrow night'.

stingrock23

I'm trying to think of one i want, but i like blink 182 singing one little spark and kid rock singing the laughing place. My choice would be 311 singing yo ho a pirate's life for me.

Luau Cove

The cover album was good, specially BNL version of Grim Grinning Ghosts and Rembrants "I Just can't wait to be king". The thing is , those bands (Patti Austin, Etta James...) are not popular right now, so it isn't so impressive, and some of the songs are played basically the same, so it's not a GREAT deal.

-->LUAU

DisJosh

Originally posted by Luau Cove
The cover album was good, specially BNL version of Grim Grinning Ghosts and Rembrants "I Just can't wait to be king". The thing is , those bands (Patti Austin, Etta James...) are not popular right now, so it isn't so impressive, and some of the songs are played basically the same, so it's not a GREAT deal.

-->LUAU

BNL did Grim Grinning Ghosts? LAME!

I know virtually none of you know of the band Misfits but they're ideal for Grim Grinning Ghosts. They did a sweet cover of that song Monster Mash. Trust me they're the band to get that song done right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom