Couple Random Questions

Schweino

Hello friends! I am secretly planning a WDW trip for next Holiday season (no way am I going this year!). My dad dropped the bomb that he would like to go as a family next year and I told him after experiencing WDW during Christmas in 2020, I can't go any other time now, so beautiful! Have a few random questions as we HOPE to have a kid by then :)

1. I did try searching this on the forums but couldn't find a solid enough thread. How does child swap work? Do we both stand in line with our kiddo and then once we get to the ride, I go first while my wife stands to the side and when I get back she hops in and goes while I stay back?

2. We went the week after Thanksgiving in 2020. I was looking at the week before this time around. Should all Christmas stuff be up by then? IIRC it's all done the second week of November so the week before Turkey Day should be safe to experience the decorations.

3. We've only ever stayed at Pop. Considering I'm planning 14 months in advance, was looking at POR. At 300/night'ish, and playing around with Dave's DVC rentals, it seems that renting points instead is a better value for the dates I was looking at (11/12/22 - 11/18/22). Not sure for anyone that has rented points before if there is concerns with it over a confirmed Disney reservation?

4. Lastly, if I did get points through Dave's DVC rentals, are you able to link that to the Disney app at all?

Thanks friends!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
1. I did try searching this on the forums but couldn't find a solid enough thread. How does child swap work? Do we both stand in line with our kiddo and then once we get to the ride, I go first while my wife stands to the side and when I get back she hops in and goes while I stay back?
The second rider never enters the line. You ride by yourself while wife and baby do whatever. Then wife rides by herself while you and baby do whatever.

2. We went the week after Thanksgiving in 2020. I was looking at the week before this time around. Should all Christmas stuff be up by then? IIRC it's all done the second week of November so the week before Turkey Day should be safe to experience the decorations.
Decorations will probably be up but they might not have the music switched on, if that's important to you.

3. We've only ever stayed at Pop. Considering I'm planning 14 months in advance, was looking at POR. At 300/night'ish, and playing around with Dave's DVC rentals, it seems that renting points instead is a better value for the dates I was looking at (11/12/22 - 11/18/22). Not sure for anyone that has rented points before if there is concerns with it over a confirmed Disney reservation?
Two main "concerns" would be the cancellation policy (sometimes there isn't one at all) and the lack of daily housekeeping.

4. Lastly, if I did get points through Dave's DVC rentals, are you able to link that to the Disney app at all?
Yes, the reservation would be fully in your name. You would see everything in your account, but you wouldn't be able to book or modify the reservation itself.

Upvote 0

arich35

Hello friends! I am secretly planning a WDW trip for next Holiday season (no way am I going this year!). My dad dropped the bomb that he would like to go as a family next year and I told him after experiencing WDW during Christmas in 2020, I can't go any other time now, so beautiful! Have a few random questions as we HOPE to have a kid by then :)

Thanks friends!

1) Now this could change but when we went in May we would check in at the front where there is a cast member by the now Lighting Lane and they will scan your bands for rider swap. One of you would hang outside the attraction or go do whatever you wanted with the kid while one of you rides, then you would just swap and the other person would go.

3) I would consider checking out Facebook groups, we have rented once with someone who happened to be on here and now renting from someone from a Facebook group, you just have to make sure you ask for references and usually they will have a contract. Going through David's will be more formal and I think they have insurance you could possibly buy. The only concern is most of the time you can't cancel unless you find someone willing to put it in their contract. Also booking with Disney you can pay it off as you go, from what I have seen you usually don't have as easy of a payment plan. I am not sure we will ever stay another way after doing it in May.

4) Yes, once you get your confirmation or reservation number it is easy to link on the app.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
The second rider never enters the line. You ride by yourself while wife and baby do whatever. Then wife rides by herself while you and baby do whatever.

Decorations will probably be up but they might not have the music switched on, if that's important to you.

Two main "concerns" would be the cancellation policy (sometimes there isn't one at all) and the lack of daily housekeeping.

Yes, the reservation would be fully in your name. You would see everything in your account, but you wouldn't be able to book or modify the reservation itself.
You are always a true MVP Cpt. Always appreciate your awesome insights! The music is important IMO for the experience, so something I will keep in mind.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You are always a true MVP Cpt. Always appreciate your awesome insights! The music is important IMO for the experience, so something I will keep in mind.
You could also consider early-to-mid-January. The Christmas music and decorations tend to stay up until Marathon Weekend, but you wouldn't have any party nights.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom