Country Bear Music Change?

timetoknowbe

Original Poster
I know this probably wasn't a recent change, but last time I went to MK (early June of this year) I noticed that the vocals on Devilish Mary were different. Any clue when this happened?I don't know if this was last year of 20 years ago. I have a few mp3s of the entire show, which I listen to a lot, and I have every second of them memorized. I noticed on the mp3, the voice singing Devilish Mary was very.. ..."colorful." High-pitched, squeaky, funny. And the main thing that made me notice, was the mp3 of the song ended with "Her name was devilish Mary" extending the "Ma-ry" for a long time, high-pitched, etc. The show version ends in a very lackluster, low-pitched way.I asked a CM after the show but she was new (summer worker) and had no idea.Trivial I know, but anyone have any ideas?

Main Street Jim

I worked at Bears/TSI for a year in 2003/04. Can you send me the mp3 so I can hear the difference? PM me and I'll let ya know what changes I notice.

Thanks!

Littlebit

When I went to WDW in 1983, I brought a tape recorder with me (one of those big, Radio Shack things, that needed 4 D batteries {grin}) and audiotaped as much stuff as I could. CBJ was one of the things I taped and, like you, I knew (well, still DO know) that soundtrack backwards and forwards. I last went in CBJ this past summer and it sounds exactly the same to me...which is exactly how it sounds on the CBJ CD I bought from the Wonderland Music System, too (and that's from the original 1970's tapes). So nope, I don't think there's been a change.

Figments Friend

Well shoot! I thought i was the only one who ever did this...bring in a big ol' retro tape recorder back in the day! Haha!!

I too noticed this strange difference in the vocals for this CB song. It really through me the first time i noticed it back in 2000 or so. I have the original vinyl album from the early 70's and this contains the "original" high-pitched version mentioned above in the original post. The version in the actual show is different indeed.

Perhaps the reason for this was simply because the album recording was from the DL show? Weird as i assumed it was the exact same soundtrack/showtape used at both parks. Interesting mystery.

No doubt about it, the song has two versions. I prefer the "original" vocals myself...they definately have more character to them.

I have to wonder too why this was redubbed?

dxwwf3

Devilish Mary has been different for as long as I can remember in the actual show as opposed to the music always used in the WDW records/tapes/CD's. Now I do not know if the "higher pitched" version was ever used in the show, but I used to always wonder why they changed the song for the attraction.

BTW, the Christmas show was awesome as always this year.

Littlebit

I stand corrected {grin}. I just re-listened to my CBJ CD and yes, there are a few differences in what is on the CD and what is in the attraction. When I got the CD, I noticed the differences but forgot about them (my memory is like swiss cheese sometimes). However my homemakde audio tape from 1983 is the same as the soundtrack the attraction uses today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom