Country Bear Christmas Special

General Grizz

Original Poster
If it was opened according to schedule, Country Bear Christmas Special should now be playing.

If anyone has information on when it opened - or how the quality is (in that, you've seen it before) - post it on this thread.

Thanks!! :wave:

LadyDarling

We saw it last year and it was great! Very funny (in that corny old sort of way we all love).

The only problem was that we went during Mickey's very many Christmas party. As "Festive" as that sounds, we didn't get to "see" over 1/2 the show because of all the flash bulbs going off!
I wish I were exaggerating when I say that in the FULL theater, only 5-6 people were NOT taking flash photos.

Remember - though it's cool to have photos of that stuff, it's awefully rude for those of us who like to enjoy shows/rides "by the book" and keep the memories, instead of photos (besides, non-flash works just as well in that attraction due to lighting, remember - most flashes, unless you have a very high powered one, only reach 6-12 inches anyway).

May you have better luck than we did! After renting Country Bears the Movie, we can't wait to go back this year and "see" it.

7 more days! :sohappy:

MichRX7

Premium Member
CBJ! Only 12 more days until we leave for our drive down to see 'em!

My kids just got done playing that part on the WDW Explorer CD. That thing has seen some usage, it's a good 8 years old. :)

Sulley

Originally posted by Fritz_and_Ernst
On the flash bulb thing, last December, we were on CBJ and the CM encouraged everyone to take pictures, even with a flash.

Listen closely next time. The CM was saying it's ok for "flash photography" at the end of the show aka "the grand finale". At least that's how I remember it.

-Sulley

TURKEY

Originally posted by Sulley
Listen closely next time. The CM was saying it's ok for "flash photography" at the end of the show aka "the grand finale". At least that's how I remember it.

-Sulley

Yep, that's how it usually is.

I'm just wondering, since it was a MVMCP with smaller numbers in the park, might flash photos been allowed for the entire performance?

LadyDarling

Did I hear that right? Big Thunder is down there too? I know it's down in Disneyland 9 the ride is 45 yeras old. Something was BOUND to happen eventually, even though as far as I've heard, they aren't sure what CAUSED tha accident, though though they do know something caused the cars to uncouple from the train). I kls te one in Toyko as well, since the rides are., as I've heard it, duplicate ride systmes. I was under the impression that the WDW version was still open, due to the ride system itself being newer and not an exact replica of the ride in Disneyland.

Going in 7 days so I'm curious!

As far as the flash bulbs, we refused to let it ruin our evening, but it did ruin that show, w at lesast. Since MVMCP is a limited time party (7pm-midnight), we couldn't take the time to get in line again to see it. Yes, they were used throughout the show. I totally understand wanting to have pictures, but if you take photos in there, it's usually light enough for no flash (assuming you're in the first couple rows). They were not "encouraged" to take photos at all, but they did mention they were "allowed". There's a difference. ; ) Though maybe that's Florida speak for "TAKE ALL THE FLASH PHOTOS YOU WANT FOLK! BLIND YOUR NEIGHBOR! COME ON! IT'S FUN!". :) But "allowed" in CA speak means, acceptable. Not necessarily encouraged. Had they been just during the finale, it would have been different and FAR less of a distraction.

Anyway - I hope you have the best of fun and if someone could answer my Big Thunder Question, I'd appreciate it! :)

General Grizz

Original Poster
Great reception, everyone!

Actually, depending on the Cast Member, you'll have a totally different speil. Each CM has his or her own flair. . . and perhaps it was a "fan" who encouraged photos.

Thanks for the info, Frontierland CM!! I can't wait to hear how the quality is. :)

meeko_33785

Thanks for the update. I just saw it last year, though, so I'll probably skip it this year. I have so little time at Christmas at WDW I have to be choosey with what I see (is that even a word? :lol: )

MichRX7

Premium Member
Not enough time for CBJ? :D

I've gone to see it each trip to MK, and that's well over 100 times. I'm addicted to the bears. Sometimes I even listen to the show while working which cracks my boss up. One, he can't figure out how I can code so fast while listening to music. Two, he really can't figure out how I can do it while listening to a "show".

Donfan

I have seen CBJ both the regular show and the Christmas show they do at MVMCP. By far, the Christmas show is better. I'm not much of a fan of CBJ, but the Christmas show is fun. If folks have a chance to see it, it is well worth it. Have fun.

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by LadyDarling
Did I hear that right? Big Thunder is down there too? I know it's down in Disneyland 9 the ride is 45 yeras old. Something was BOUND to happen eventually, even though as far as I've heard, they aren't sure what CAUSED tha accident, though though they do know something caused the cars to uncouple from the train). I kls te one in Toyko as well, since the rides are., as I've heard it, duplicate ride systmes. I was under the impression that the WDW version was still open, due to the ride system itself being newer and not an exact replica of the ride in Disneyland.

BTM at WDW is down for rehab but should be up and running some time in December. Big Thunder in Disneyland is not 45 years old. It was built around 1980 and is approximately the same age as the one in WDW. I believe the WDW BTM was already scheduled to undergo rehab BEFORE the accident at Disneyland. Some are speculating that the reopening at WDW has been postponed because they are waiting for the report on the accident at Disneyland.

As far as CBJ, I only ever remember hearing that flash photos were allowed during the grand finale but that was during regular park hours.

LadyDarling

You may be right there about big thunder in DL. I know it replaced a previously built mine cart ride. I wonder how much of the original track they used? To quote C&C music factory - "Things that make ya go hmm...."

:animwink:

bamboo7

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
I believe the WDW BTM was already scheduled to undergo rehab BEFORE the accident at Disneyland. Some are speculating that the reopening at WDW has been postponed because they are waiting for the report on the accident at Disneyland.

Yes, in fact WDW's BTMR was already closed and surrounded by scaffolding at the time of the DL accident. I do believe that WDW's BTMR opening was delayed pending the investigation of DL's. I also heard that the BTMRs in Paris and Japan were closed after the DL accident, again pending results of the investigation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom