Counter Strike keeps lagging, what could it be?

Stitch_Kingdom

Original Poster
I've looked around the sites, my computer's configuration and the like and i think i need more RAM. I have a standard 256mb but Steam shows up as me having only 253mb. The sound is also very, very jerky does anyone know why it is doing this as well?

Is it possible i need a new graphics card or is it more likely the RAM?

Much appreciated

Nath

PS If i have been too vague, just say and i will give more information!! :wave:

TheOneVader

I don't know if it's the video card, since you didn't say what kind you have, but more RAM will make the game run a lot smoother. 256MB is nothing these days. I have 2GB just so I can run Battlefield 2 at full settings without lag.

imagineer99

Stitch_Kingdom said:
I've looked around the sites, my computer's configuration and the like and i think i need more RAM. I have a standard 256mb but Steam shows up as me having only 253mb. The sound is also very, very jerky does anyone know why it is doing this as well?

Is it possible i need a new graphics card or is it more likely the RAM?

Much appreciated

Nath

PS If i have been too vague, just say and i will give more information!! :wave:

Well, it's probably both. If you're playing counter-strike source, I'd say you need at least a gig of ram. As I'm not sure what your video card is, I can't judge.

doop

It is probably more likely to be your video/sound card that is causing this problem, because I know many people who play cs with 256 ram. Also try adjusting your in game rates as this may make the game smoother. Usually people go for cl_cmdrate 101 cl_updaterate 101 and rate 25000. Also are you playing 1.6 or source?

imagineer99

wdwishes2005 said:
Trying to play source with 256 megs of RAM! LOL... It'd take God himself to make that work....

And, even then, God would laugh and realize things were hopeless...:)

Seriously, though, the source Engine is a RAM hog. I mean, I have a high-end video card and a gig of RAM, and Half Life 2 still doesn't run flawlessly (though it's pretty darn close):)

wdwishes2005

Lol.. press start, then run, then type in DXdiag and tell me the following- amount of RAM and type, and your Video card, and your processor and speed.

Stitch_Kingdom

Original Poster
It's now been seen by my friend as a graphics card problem as mine is waaaaay too low. I'll be looking at some on eBay because I can't really afford retail prices. Thanks for your suggestions guys and girls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom