Counter service at HS...Where to go??

Abbyjoe

Original Poster
Looking for advice on where to eat lunch at HS. We will prob eat at Backlot one day but no idea for the second day. Any help?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Grab a cup of tea and a pastry at Starring Rolls and then try to make it through the day....

Tink ッ

I'm not a fan of the quick service there either. I would highly recommend Hollywood and Vine (TS) which is a buffet and it's not very pricey either.

disney magic 06

The only QS I like at the studios is Starring Rolls, it was very good, I had a huge sandwich, chips, very large cupcake and a drink for a QS credit, it fed me and my daughter nicely.

ArtieJim

I can only agree with these responses. I think you're better off eating a big breakfast before going into the park that morning and maybe having an earlier dinner elsewhere. The food situation at HS is unfortunate.

plaz10

Fairfax Fare has the basic QS foods plus some pulled pork and bbq chicken. In a pinch - it will do.

I'd probably eat something at Starring Rolls Cafe (their cupcakes are fantastic and huge!) and then take the boat to EPCOT for something more substantial.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Though I agree with the general sentiment that HS has the worst CS of the 4 main parks, I've eaten at the ABC commisary many times and think it's fine. The food is OK, but it's air conditioned, has cushy seats, and is big enough you can always find a place to sit.

RonAnnArbor

The folks here advise you well -- everything QS at DHS is bad...even by theme park standards its bad,

That being said, your original choice of Backlot is probably the best, and the portions are huge so you won't need to subject yourself to any of the other food in HS that day...plus they have some decent-tasting sandwich choices.

Personally, depending on how long you are planning to stay at DHS (I have never made it past 3 pm without running out of things to do) I would head elsewhere for a late lunch.

mickeysshoes

I could not agree more with most of the above posts. HS food need LOTS of help. I would say eat a good breakfast before you go and snack if you get hungry later in day.

Lobsterpimp

I think what AbbyJoe is asking about is in regards to the dining plan. As in, if you had to eat someplace for lunch in HS (cost not being an issue cause you have the counter service credit), where do you go? I'm actually going with her and we are eating one day at the Back lot Express, but want to do something different for the second HS day.

lighteningqueen

Starring Rolls is number one. Huge desserts, big black forest ham sandwiches are really good and I think we could refill our drinks there. We will def eat there again on the 2 days we go. We did not do a TS for those days just not anyplace worth going. 50's used to be good now small portions and not so tasty, the rest do not interest us.

fredtom

Fairfax Fare
Starring Rolls
Backlot Express
Studio Catering Co.

2 days away!!!

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom