Countdown

C.M.O

I was wondering how everyone counts down to their trip and when they start? Last time we went I got Disney Paint Chips from Home Depot, (they are shaped like Mickey Heads) and put numbers on them, everyday my daughter would take one off. I wanted to do something different this year.
countdown2.jpg

Ingrid

Good idea!!

I would need to grab quite a stack of paint chips if I did that! Well, we're now down to 59 days, but when we booked we were 131 days away! Don't think they'd appreciate that too much!

Upvote 0

HayAntPat

My kids and I usually make a construction paper chain. We decorate it with all of our favorite things from Disney ( stickers, sayings etc...). We rip off one link a day until the big day arrives. It helps the kids visualize how many days are left and alleviates the question of how many more days until we go.

Upvote 0

Aurora23

I was wondering how everyone counts down to their trip and when they start? Last time we went I got Disney Paint Chips from Home Depot, (they are shaped like Mickey Heads) and put numbers on them, everyday my daughter would take one off. I wanted to do something different this year.

How did you get the Mickey ears off of the backing paper? I tried soaking it in warm water, and it was still hard to remove.

Upvote 0

Peters_Shadow

My kids and I usually make a construction paper chain. We decorate it with all of our favorite things from Disney ( stickers, sayings etc...). We rip off one link a day until the big day arrives. It helps the kids visualize how many days are left and alleviates the question of how many more days until we go.

We are doing the exact same thing this trip, which we have never done it before. My wife did all the decorating of the links. Our 3 year old helped with some of them. :animwink: She wrote the names of the restaurants we are eating at and character names.. stuff like that. Currently we are at day 87 out and counting. :sohappy: The top links that look like "Mickey's" are month markers. That thought that was a very cool idea that my wife came up with and a good way to keep the chain off the floor since it was so long.

IMG_2188.jpg

Upvote 0

Mickey&Minnie

these are all very neat ideas. i hope you don't mind me stealing one of them. lol
we are at day 76 and it feels like forever. maybe this will help it not feel so far away.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom