Countdown to Extinction--->Dinosaur!

Bellhop Jer

It was mainly because of the release of Disney's "dinosaur" movie in the late 90's. It is just the case now with Nemo and the Living seas.... I liked the name of CTX too!....lol. O well...

GrandFloridian1

Original Poster
CThaddeus said:
My biggest beef is not with the attraction, but with the dopey Dino-Rama! carnival area surrounding it.

I totally agree with you about Dino-Rama! It makes me feel like I'm at a carnival and not DISNEY WORLD.

I'm glad Tarzan Rocks is getting the boot! I had such a hard time sitting there watching that show. The only reason we stayed was because it was hot and we needed to sit for a bit.

kkgunn

Personally I enjoyed the "tamed down" version. Our family went on the original Countdown to Extinction not knowing that it would be so extreme. We actually didn't really know what we were doing since the AK map called it Dinosaur and outside the ride was Countdown To Extinction. Anyway our kids then 8 and 10 were both crying when we got off, I was a wee bit sick to my stomach. For a place thats supposed to be family fun, I think it left too many with a bad feeling. I think the Dinosaur version is thrilling and fun without being gut wrenching...

Fido

Yeah I like it just the way it is. I don't go in for thrill rides, and I'm getting older and more vulnerable to neckaches from crazy thrill rides. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom