Couldn't use pass to Animal Kingdom because of illness.

delarme123

Original Poster
Back in June we had three day passes but did not use the third day to Animal Kingdom because my wife became ill and I had to take her to the hospital. Will Disney do anything about this. Not looking for a refund, just another pass to the park, thanks...

JIMINYCR

Addressing it now 4 - 5 months later Disney wont see it as a reason to help you. Although it wasnt anything you could do at the time, you had to get medical help, had you brought it to their attention then, maybe there was an outside chance under the circumstances you could have gotten a comp. With Disney any time you have an issue, it should be dealt with sooner than later to have better chances of positive action. There was a policy change some time ago as shown above regarding expiration of tickets. This policy change is still seen as a reason for many peoples anger. It does hurt to pay for something and not get use for what you paid, but Disney was open and they didnt keep you out.

MickeyLuv'r

I'm sorry your wife was ill. I hope she is now fully recovered.

Your scenario is exactly why I'm a wary of WDW's current ticket policies. I have been to WDW enough times to have experienced a bad day.

At present, one of the only official remedies- and it isn't by any means great- is that we still have the ability to upgrade our current park tickets to annual passes, so long as the pass isn't fully used up. (You have to upgrade before you use the last day of your pass).

Previously, upgrading to a WDW AP was a pretty good deal if you had a 7-day ticket. now, it is not a super deal, but might be an option to know about. When last I checked, it was still a reasonably good deal at Universal. See below.

At many other non-WDW venues it can be a great deal! As recent as 2019, at a certain museum I visited, upgrading one person's admission to an AP = a lower cost than buying 4 one-day tickets. In that case, the AP came with: a free one day pass, free parking, and 20% off all other tickets. I think it was $55, instead of $25 (regular 1 day pass). So an $55AP+free+ 2@25 = $105, but 4@$100 (reg price admission for 4 ppl)+ parking ($25) would have been $125! The AP also came with a 10% discount on merchandise and food.

So like a Thanksgiving week 7-day WDW park hopper costs $664w/tax (through UT). Currently an AP (non FL resident) costs $1384 w/tax. The current WDW AP pricing is a bit out of whack, because it costs more than it would to return another week and just flat out buy a 7-day park hopper ticket. Still, and AP comes with food discounts, free parking, 20% merchandise discount, and potential extra hotel discounts. (often an extra 5%, but NOT always, and NOT every type of room.) Still 5% off a $600+tax hotel room = a savings of $33.75/night. Stay a week, and at that rate, an AP could potentially add up to saving an extra $235 off your hotel. For early Jan (1/4/22), a Savannah view room at AKL = $645. The current AP offer = 25% off, so $525.50/night. that = a savings of $118/night. For a week-long stay, an AP would save $830 off a room at AKL.

Over at Uni, a 2-day park hopper, thanksgiving week = $347 w/tax. Their least expensive Annual pass (many blackout days) is only $373 w/tax. so you can upgrade your 2-day ticket for just $26! (though it is importan to add Uni seels different types of AP, and this one does NOT include the extra pluses of the more $$ AP's.) the better AP with no blackout dates, free parking is $479- or $132 over the price of a 2-day hopper.

Still, at Universal the cost of no blackout days AP is LESS THAN the cost of buying a new 2-day hopper ticket. AND it comes with free parking, food discount, merchandise discount and potential hotel discounts. In some cases, the Universal hotel discount can be substantial. As an example, tonight (11/8) an AP saves $144 per night at Sapphire Falls, and a whopping $185/night at Royal Pacific.

So at Universal, if you plan to return in less than 365 days, an AP can potentially 'pay for itself,' so to speak.

Stay at 1night Royal Pacific +2 day ticket = 437+ 270 (for 11/8-11/9) = 707
Stay 1 night Royal Pacific with AP + an AP = 252 + $479 (blue, better AP) = 731

It is almost the same price, JUST with a 1 night stay, and that's not counting any food/merchandise savings (10%). Stay 2 nights at Hard rock, and having an AP costs less.

Sorry for such a long post! ah, Disney math!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom