Could we be seeing a different or modified firework show at the Magic Kingdom after reopening?

celluloid

I think it'll be a while for any fireworks or parades, unfortunately.
The parks experience as we knew it, will be different for now on, and who knows for how long...

Agreed as a potential. A lot of reduced cost saving measures. Some will be entertainment, special effects/pyro cutbacks and operating hours for certain attractions that typically have low guest satisfaction or attendance.

If this continues to be extreme I think the phase reoperating that people speak of will include not opening the water parks until international travel resumes to a normalcy.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The thing about Fantasmic is that the more the merrier. I just love when the crowds cheer (although I hate the crowd surfing/waving part preshow). I would imagine it would be boring if people are spread out and only half/less than half of capacity would be let in.
Lets agree to disagree.

I'd prefer it without all the people.

ls3015

Since Disney is looking to keep guests spread out and Happily Ever After is a concern for since everyone gathers in front of the castle for it. It’s leaving me to think that we could see a Happily Ever After where the castle goes dark, there are no rooftop launches and they will announce plenty of good viewing spots around the park to see the fireworks or they will just run a smaller show like Fantasy in the Sky which can also be viewed from anywhere in the park. A limited run Wishes would be nice to but that’s wishful thinking and I’m pretty sure Fantasy in the Sky is already set up on the launch site for New Years.
So much thought is being put into what Disney is going to do, even Disney does not know at this time, My bet would be, when everything returns back to normal ( what ever normal will be at that time) nothing will change, WDW has been though many many public emergency's and it is still business as is, so I bet nothing changes on Disney's part. only time will tell.

TTA94

making me wonder if Epcot Forever is going to become more permanent for a year or 2

Eh they could still do Harmonius, but, just like other entertainment, somehow limit the amount of people. Maybe use FPS or something. Might be easier done at MK, and they have in the past used FPS for parades and nighttime shows.

thomas998

Since Disney is looking to keep guests spread out and Happily Ever After is a concern for since everyone gathers in front of the castle for it. It’s leaving me to think that we could see a Happily Ever After where the castle goes dark, there are no rooftop launches and they will announce plenty of good viewing spots around the park to see the fireworks or they will just run a smaller show like Fantasy in the Sky which can also be viewed from anywhere in the park. A limited run Wishes would be nice to but that’s wishful thinking and I’m pretty sure Fantasy in the Sky is already set up on the launch site for New Years.
If they are going to try for social distancing after they reopen then you can kiss goodbye any fireworks or parades because both of those things would result in elbow to elbow contact. Frankly if social distancing becomes something they shoot for when they reopen I want to know how the will change the lines for all the rides those are only slightly less mosh-pitish than the parade and firework crowds.

thomas998

Let’s be honest no matter what firework show MK has guests will gather in front of the castle. Even if they add projections elsewhere guests will still gather in front of the castle. That’s gonna be a tuff one. Significantly limiting the number of guests in the park to what they allowed many years ago for the seasonal events might work.
I don't think even lower numbers of guest would do much to fix the gathering problem. I remember going to some Halloween parties long ago and far enough away from Halloween that you could literally walk on some of the normally long lined rides... but when they did fireworks you still have a big mosh-pit like crowd near the castle... Of course the other thing is how will you do social distancing with the mass people pile up at the gates going trying to get past security.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
this is Disney, the orange in large trees for the center of the hub and in other areas around the hub, bring in fantasy in the sky and announce there are plenty of great viewing spots all around the park and bass bing social distancing. But really planting big trees in the hub could actually help.

NickMaio

They could do a fireworks show with multiple firing points across the park.
That could be cool.
Different vantage points, allowing for a different experience depending on where you are.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
They could do a fireworks show with multiple firing points across the park.
That could be cool.
Different vantage points, allowing for a different experience depending on where you are.
Don’t get to pricy for Chapek now he would love to downgrade to Fantasy in the sky 1990-1996 so we have to pretend we all hate it. Honestly I’d love to see an extended version of that show hosted by jiminy played in the same style music but more of a wishes storyline.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How can one do social distancing in any of their tiny-aisle stores, or shoulder-to-shoulder queues? How can many of the rides have a decent capacity if guests who are not 'with each other' can't share a ride vehicle or bench?

Restaurants can space people out by using only half their tables, but how can they prevent the waitstaff from breaking the guests' bubbles of protection... and going from guest to guest to guest? Are they going to sanitize their hands before and after approaching every single table every single time?

And if quick serve is the answer, how are they going to enforce people in line to be 6 feet from one another? A line of 10 people at a mobile order window will be 60 feet long.

A hundred people in a queue for anything would require 600 feet of queue-space.

Are buses that pack in 80 people only going to carry 20 each trip? Is Disney going to quadruple their bus fleet?

Opening the parks for some things (rides) but surgically removing 'the real threats' (fireworks and parades) is a pipe dream. Almost everything the parks have to offer require continually breaking the 6 ft bubble. And even if you can maintain that social distance, is Disney going to wipe down the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train every single time between reloads?

Oh, and if this or any other CoronaVirus situation discussion is just a thinly veiled excuse for wishing or saying "Bring Back X!!".... not going to happen. The CoronaVirus situation isn't going to bring back Wishes or Mr. Toad unless it saves them money. And resurrecting old shows costs money. If anything, we'll get bare bones minimalist new shows. Bring back Wishes? OK, how about at half the length of the old Wishes as they cut out sections?

As long as enforcing social distancing is a thing to 'flatten the curve', the parks will be completely closed.

Except for golf and foot golf.

Last edited:

NickMaio

Don’t get to pricy for Chapek now he would love to downgrade to Fantasy in the sky 1990-1996 so we have to pretend we all hate it. Honestly I’d love to see an extended version of that show hosted by jiminy played in the same style music but more of a wishes storyline.
Don't get me started on Wishes.......
Best Show Ever

NickMaio

How can one do social distancing in any of their tiny-aisle stores, or shoulder-to-shoulder queues? How can many of the rides have a decent capacity if guests who are not 'with each other' can't share a ride vehicle or bench?

Restaurants can space people out by using only half their tables, but how can they prevent the waitstaff from breaking the guests' bubbles of protection... and going from guest to guest to guest? Are they going to sanitize their hands before and after approaching every single table every single time?

And if quick serve is the answer, how are they going to enforce people in line to be 6 feet from one another? A line of 10 people at a mobile order window will be 60 feet long.

Are buses that pack in 80 people only going to carry 20 each trip? Is Disney going to quadruple their bus fleet?

Opening the parks for something things (rides) but surgically removing 'the real threats' (fireworks and parades) is a pipe dream. Almost everything the parks have to offer require continually breaking the 6 ft bubble. And even if you can maintain that social distance, is Disney going to wipe down the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train every single time between reloads?

Oh, and if this or any other CoronaVirus situation discussion is just a thinly veiled excuse for wishing or saying "Bring Back X!!".... not going to happen. The CoronaVirus situation isn't going to bring back Wishes or Mr. Toad unless it saves them money. And resurrecting old shows costs money. If anything, we'll get bare bones minimalist new shows. Bring back Wishes? OK, how about at half the length of the old Wishes as they cut out sections?

As long as enforcing social distancing is a thing to 'flatten the curve', the parks will be completely closed.

One thing is for sure.....when the Parks reopen it will be.......CRAZY busy.
Just bonkers

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster

Opening the parks for something things (rides) but surgically removing 'the real threats' (fireworks and parades) is a pipe dream. Almost everything the parks have to offer require continually breaking the 6 ft bubble. And even if you can maintain that social distance, is Disney going to wipe down the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train every single time between reloads?

What’s why I said Fantasy in the sky. It’s so simple but yet a great show. The later Fantasy in the sky is on the Launch pad already. That’s also a show that doesn’t need the castle. When you say cut out sections I’m already fearing there finding ways to give us half the show. I just hope to god Mickeys Mix Magic doesn’t find its way in.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom