Could we be seeing a different or modified firework show at the Magic Kingdom after reopening?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Since Disney is looking to keep guests spread out and Happily Ever After is a concern for since everyone gathers in front of the castle for it. It’s leaving me to think that we could see a Happily Ever After where the castle goes dark, there are no rooftop launches and they will announce plenty of good viewing spots around the park to see the fireworks or they will just run a smaller show like Fantasy in the Sky which can also be viewed from anywhere in the park. A limited run Wishes would be nice to but that’s wishful thinking and I’m pretty sure Fantasy in the Sky is already set up on the launch site for New Years.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Since Disney is looking to keep guests spread out and Happily Ever After is a concern for since everyone gathers in front of the castle for it. It’s leaving me to think that we could see a Happily Ever After where the castle goes dark, there are no rooftop launches and they will announce plenty of good viewing spots around the park to see the fireworks or they will just run a smaller show like Fantasy in the Sky which can also be viewed from anywhere in the park. A limited run Wishes would be nice to but that’s wishful thinking and I’m pretty sure Fantasy in the Sky is already set up on the launch site for New Years.
I think you will see no shows of that size for a while. A modified show seems unlikely to me.

Cmdr_Crimson

It will be like this...
lC6JRz.gif

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
The return of FitS would draw more people to watch it (at least in the beginning), not less.
That’s an issue to because I’d have my butt on the next cheap flight down there to see it but at the same time you can watch it from anywhere as long as your not under a tree or against a wall.

NelleBelle

Except people will still crowd the hub lie they’ve always done—gotta have the fireworks and castle in the same shot of enormous iPad 😉

TTA94

Let’s be honest no matter what firework show MK has guests will gather in front of the castle. Even if they add projections elsewhere guests will still gather in front of the castle. That’s gonna be a tuff one. Significantly limiting the number of guests in the park to what they allowed many years ago for the seasonal events might work.

Giss Neric

They can still do a fireworks show without projection mapping, just fireworks. Limit the people on the hub and main street. Encourage people to go to the nearby hotels/resorts like Poly, Grand Flo and Contemporary and watch it there.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
What about Fantasmic?? I feel like there's enough space there to do two shows and spread people out with a limited boarding group... Or would the cost just not be worth it?

Giss Neric

What about Fantasmic?? I feel like there's enough space there to do two shows and spread people out with a limited boarding group... Or would the cost just not be worth it?
The thing about Fantasmic is that the more the merrier. I just love when the crowds cheer (although I hate the crowd surfing/waving part preshow). I would imagine it would be boring if people are spread out and only half/less than half of capacity would be let in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom